• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

teams in the KC race this off season

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not alive lol

And that is my point. If the best you have seen from this team is 2012, kinda explains the whole Jackson thing. Dan Snyder is pretty much all you have known as a Redskins fan.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saddest part of all this is... we are going on two generations of Redskins fans where the best they have seen from the team was a result of the dumbest trade in NFL history. So we will continue winning off the field, because that works for a portion of the current fan base apparently.

Truth!!

....and you know what? Nothing heats the blood more or as quickly as politics and the fortunes of local sports franchises. With that in mind, the now and near future king is, pro football. People give a shit, you can feel it, note it, and empathize with almost every posting. In fairness, some in that fan base have learned that they won't allow themselves to be drawn time and again into the BS. While others, sans the requisite amount of scars, still buy the hype and apparently hope that comes "with winning off the field."

Last edited:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is my point. If the best you have seen from this team is 2012, kinda explains the whole Jackson thing. Dan Snyder is pretty much all you have known as a Redskins fan.

I really don't think 2012 has much at all to do with me liking Jackson. (And again I think I like him a lot less than you all think I do)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think 2012 has much at all to do with me liking Jackson. (And again I think I like him a lot less than you all think I do)

I think it explains why you would be more than OK with Jackson in DC even knowing how badly a mobile undersized QB ended here the last time. 2012 is the best you have seen out of this team aside from maybe you tube videos of 91.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it explains why you would be more than OK with Jackson in DC even knowing how badly a mobile undersized QB ended here the last time. 2012 is the best you have seen out of this team aside from maybe you tube videos of 91.

I'm not sure Jackson will be all that undersized nor has size been something I care about very often.

Id be ok with him because I think being a mobile QB is a great thing all else equal. It's common sense really. But it's also been shown that rushing ability from a QB can really help open up an offense and keep defenses on their toes.

I do enjoy watching mobile qbs but the biggest reason I'm always defending them is just because the criticisms of them are so lazy. I could have told you everything people would say about Jackson before we ever talked about him. I could've told you that gk thinks he wouldn't even be in the pros if he couldn't run and that skinsdad thinks he can't read defenses and isn't pro ready before I ever heard them say it. And that's just 2 examples but it applies to a lot of people and a lot of criticisms of mobile qbs*. It doesn't matter what skills Jackson actually has. He can run a 4.3 forty and runs the ball in college so to some people he couldn't possibly be able to read a defense or hang in the pocket and their analysis wont go past that.

* = or that people think are mobile lol. Cough Jameis cough

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Jackson will be all that undersized nor has size been something I care about very often.

Id be ok with him because I think being a mobile QB is a great thing all else equal. It's common sense really. But it's also been shown that rushing ability from a QB can really help open up an offense and keep defenses on their toes.

I do enjoy watching mobile qbs but the biggest reason I'm always defending them is just because the criticisms of them are so lazy. I could have told you everything people would say about Jackson before we ever talked about him. I could've told you that gk thinks he wouldn't even be in the pros if he couldn't run and that skinsdad thinks he can't read defenses and isn't pro ready before I ever heard them say it. And that's just 2 examples but it applies to a lot of people and a lot of criticisms of mobile qbs*. It doesn't matter what skills Jackson actually has. He can run a 4.3 forty and runs the ball in college so to some people he couldn't possibly be able to read a defense or hang in the pocket and their analysis wont go past that.

* = or that people think are mobile lol. Cough Jameis cough

And he wouldn’t be in the pros if he can’t run.

All things equal, yes mobility is good. Things are never equal.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he wouldn’t be in the pros if he can’t run.

All things equal, yes mobility is good. Things are never equal.

Riiiiiight.

That I'll agree on but I don't think it's how people actually view mobility. I think people see somebody is mobile and then they make a bunch of assumptions about the player as a passer just because they're mobile.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riiiiiight.

That I'll agree on but I don't think it's how people actually view mobility. I think people see somebody is mobile and then they make a bunch of assumptions about the player as a passer just because they're mobile.

Kinda like making the assumption that Mobility is just a part of their game, as apposed to it being what their game is based off of.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda like making the assumption that Mobility is just a part of their game, as apposed to it being what their game is based off of.

Well yea... but I think we know which of those assumptions is taken more often and besides that's something that can be determined by ya know... watching the player with an open mind. Crazy I know.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yea... but I think we know which of those assumptions is taken more often and besides that's something that can be determined by ya know... watching the player with an open mind. Crazy I know.

Which holds more weight based on the over all history of the position?? The majority of the mobile QBs have failed to transition to the NFL level. Knowing this, ask yourself why is this, and what is the common theme??

Most of these guys game is based more off of their ability to run and teams having to respect that ability... right until that ability is taken away (usually due to some sort of leg injury).

Now its great to look at these guys and think.. .this one might be the one. The guy who finally transitions over to a duel threat QB in the NFL. Cam is the closest to it, and he still sucks as a passer and if he were not as big as a LB, one has to seriously wonder if he would have survived this long with his style of play. Take away the fear of Jackson running, and you have an average passer.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which holds more weight based on the over all history of the position?? The majority of the mobile QBs have failed to transition to the NFL level. Knowing this, ask yourself why is this, and what is the common theme??

Most of these guys game is based more off of their ability to run and teams having to respect that ability... right until that ability is taken away (usually due to some sort of leg injury).

Now its great to look at these guys and think.. .this one might be the one. The guy who finally transitions over to a duel threat QB in the NFL. Cam is the closest to it, and he still sucks as a passer and if he were not as big as a LB, one has to seriously wonder if he would have survived this long with his style of play. Take away the fear of Jackson running, and you have an average passer.

The majority of "pocket" or "traditional" QBs have failed to transition to the NFL level. Knowing this, ask yourself why is this, and what is the common theme??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of "pocket" or "traditional" QBs have failed to transition to the NFL level. Knowing this, ask yourself why is this, and what is the common theme??

OK lets play. Name me the last duel threat QB that has actually lived up to the hype of changing the way the position is played??

Rogers was NOT considered one to base his game off of his running ability. His is the closest to a duel threat, and his running ability is an addition to his game, not what his game is based off of.

You say its a lazy comp. But reality is, Jackson game is based off of teams fearing his running ability.

Allen would not be considered a possible first rounder if he wasnt 6'5" with a big arm.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK lets play. Name me the last duel threat QB that has actually lived up to the hype of changing the way the position is played??

Rogers was NOT considered one to base his game off of his running ability. His is the closest to a duel threat, and his running ability is an addition to his game, not what his game is based off of.

You say its a lazy comp. But reality is, Jackson game is based off of teams fearing his running ability.

Allen would not be considered a possible first rounder if he wasnt 6'5" with a big arm.

Cam is the most recent one I assume.

Also you're making the faulty assumption that these players goal is to completely change the position. Its not. Its to play quarterback. And if you can run on top of that awesome. That's why we evaluate players as QBs first rather then rule them out because of a characteristic that isn't even central to playing the position.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is the most recent one I assume.

Also you're making the faulty assumption that these players goal is to completely change the position. Its not. Its to play quarterback. And if you can run on top of that awesome. That's why we evaluate players as QBs first rather then rule them out because of a characteristic that isn't even central to playing the position.

Cam is a career 58% completions QB.

Again not assumption but fact here.

Vick... primarily a running QB. Oft injured and never really improved as a passer until what 8 years after college??

RG3... Primarily a running QB, never improved as a passer and currently out of the league. Again oft injured.

Akili Smith.... Primarily a running QB who never really improved as a passer at the next level.

To me, any time a QB is compared to these guys, that sir is a negative. Add in that Jackson on a good day might top out at 220 lbs.... I see another duel threat experiment waiting to fail. Will he be more exciting that the guy we currently have?? Probably. Do I think he would be that guy to take the Redskins to the promise land?? Not a chance.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is a career 58% completions QB.

Again not assumption but fact here.

Vick... primarily a running QB. Oft injured and never really improved as a passer until what 8 years after college??

RG3... Primarily a running QB, never improved as a passer and currently out of the league. Again oft injured.

Akili Smith.... Primarily a running QB who never really improved as a passer at the next level.

To me, any time a QB is compared to these guys, that sir is a negative. Add in that Jackson on a good day might top out at 220 lbs.... I see another duel threat experiment waiting to fail. Will he be more exciting that the guy we currently have?? Probably. Do I think he would be that guy to take the Redskins to the promise land?? Not a chance.

Cam is a good QB.

Vick was meh.

Rg3 And Akili... yikes

Russell Wilson turned out pretty well though. Watson appears to be legit. Tyrod has been successful. Rodgers and luck are great. Dak and mariota are probably to early to tell but are promising.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is a good QB.

Vick was meh.

Rg3 And Akili... yikes

Russell Wilson turned out pretty well though. Watson appears to be legit. Tyrod has been successful. Rodgers and luck are great. Dak and mariota are probably to early to tell but are promising.

Wilson has been good, but has the benefit of a top Defense as well, so he hasnt carried the team (something many say the Redskins next QB mus be able to do).

Watson appears.. injured. So we shall see how he does.

Taylor has been so awesome that people are talking of the Bills needing a QB still.

Rogers and Luck play from the neck up, not the waste down.

Dak I put in the same box as Wilson... solid, but a product of the team (which again has been considered a negative around Ashburn)

Mariota... jury is still out.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has been good, but has the benefit of a top Defense as well, so he hasnt carried the team (something many say the Redskins next QB mus be able to do).

Watson appears.. injured. So we shall see how he does.

Taylor has been so awesome that people are talking of the Bills needing a QB still.

Rogers and Luck play from the neck up, not the waste down.

Dak I put in the same box as Wilson... solid, but a product of the team (which again has been considered a negative around Ashburn)

Mariota... jury is still out.

Lol Wilson was the definition of carrying a team this year. Without a doubt a top 5 QB in the league IMO.

That tyrod description sounds kind of like a certain Redskins QB who might be playing in a new city next year...

You're right they do. So does Wilson. And cam. And every successful nfl QB. And that's also why I think Jackson can succeed...because hes mentally pretty well off for a college QB.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Cam has that Lamar or even Griffin didn't was 50 extra pounds of muscle. He is built to take a little more wear and tear. His accuracy has always been questioned.