• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams are reaching out to the Lions about Stafford

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't getting Watson....no chance.

They'll trade Lock, a 1st rounder and 3rd or 4th for Stafford.

They probably aren't getting Watson. Never said they were. Just said Watson is actually worth it.

Stafford isn't worth half that. He's worth a 6th at the most. Some team may be stupid enough to give a 2nd or a 3rd, but no chance is he worth a starting QB, a 1st, plus additional picks. You're insane if you believe that's what he's worth.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably aren't getting Watson. Never said they were. Just said Watson is actually worth it.

Stafford isn't worth half that. He's worth a 6th at the most. Some team may be stupid enough to give a 2nd or a 3rd, but no chance is he worth a starting QB, a 1st, plus additional picks. You're insane if you believe that's what he's worth.

If the Colts offered their late 1st rounder in a straight up deal, I don’t think that’s bad

that’s a roster that is pretty complete, and if they are high on Stafford, that could be a move they make

Bears make sense too, just don’t see many divisional trades

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Colts offered their late 1st rounder in a straight up deal, I don’t think that’s bad

that’s a roster that is pretty complete, and if they are high on Stafford, that could be a move they make

A 1st by itself would make some sense for a team like the Colts that actually made the playoffs last year. I'd say it's too much for Stafford, but it's much better for Indy to make that deal than Denver. Denver canNOT afford to trade away as many assets as @DJ suggested when they have so many holes still.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1st by itself would make some sense for a team like the Colts that actually made the playoffs last year. I'd say it's too much for Stafford, but it's much better for Indy to make that deal than Denver. Denver canNOT afford to trade away as many assets as @DJ suggested when they have so many holes still.

I don’t like it for Denver. Broncos are a nice young roster with the arrow pointing up, I don’t like them grabbing a QB that gives them only a 3-4 year window. It’s the toughest division in football, I think ideally if Lock isn’t the guy, they should really target a young QB through the draft, or I don’t know your thoughts on Sam Darnald, everyone seems to have a different opinion

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A 6th?

You don't understand or know football.....at all.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 6th?

You don't understand or know football.....at all.

I understand that a 33 year old QB that has never won a playoff game isn't worth a 1st round pick. Matthew Stafford will NOT win a Super Bowl for the team that acquires him and if you give up a 1st for a guy, that's the goal you're setting.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like it for Denver. Broncos are a nice young roster with the arrow pointing up, I don’t like them grabbing a QB that gives them only a 3-4 year window. It’s the toughest division in football, I think ideally if Lock isn’t the guy, they should really target a young QB through the draft, or I don’t know your thoughts on Sam Darnald, everyone seems to have a different opinion

Darnold is damaged goods at this point, IMO. A slightly more polished Josh Rosen. Don't want him on my team, but wouldn't mind him starting for a rival. He offers almost no upside.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that a 33 year old QB that has never won a playoff game isn't worth a 1st round pick. Matthew Stafford will NOT win a Super Bowl for the team that acquires him and if you give up a 1st for a guy, that's the goal you're setting.
He's still in his prime, I wouldn't offer a 1st (some team will though, watch) but I'd give a 2nd and 3rd or 4th.....he's a top 10-12 QB in the League.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold is damaged goods at this point, IMO. A slightly more polished Josh Rosen. Don't want him on my team, but wouldn't mind him starting for a rival. He offers almost no upside.

I’m on the fence, watching him in NY, no QB was set up to fail more than him between a limited roster, awful coaching hires and changes

im not endorsing him, he is still younger than most QBs in the league and some so called “experts” are so high on him

no idea

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford said hold my beer.

And Staff is a lot better than Bradford.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford said hold my beer.

And Staff is a lot better than Bradford.

He has a better arm than Bradford had. Maybe a bit more mobile. Other than that they're practically the same QB.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Stafford will go for more than a first rounder, unless it's a top 5 pick, and even then you still might need more. He is a top 12 talent who has never had a running game, never had much of a defense, never (to my recollection) had multiple top flight receivers and never had a quality tight end.
How the hell do you dock him for no play off wins. I don't think any other QB would have had much play off success with that team. Archie Manning says hold my beer.
He's probably got 3 or 4 more years before his skills start to fade. There will be several teams interested in his services.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stafford is way better right now than Rivers . Colts get him they can at least compete with everyone not named KC

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 32 wins that Stafford has in the past five seasons, 18 of them needed Stafford to lead them to a game winning drive. He has been carrying that team lately.

I'm guessing his trade value is a low 1st round pick or some sort of equivalent.
I think he’s 8th all time in 4th qtr comebacks.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will bring in at least a first

Reactions: DJ

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 2037 6th round pick and a Subway gift card. That's my best offer for a 33 year old QB that has an injury history that's a mile long and 0 career playoff wins.
Unjury history???

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. He's not worth a 1st though.
Say's you and opinions remain like ass holes.

He's worth what Detroit gets. Might be a 1, could be a 1 & a 3rd or 4th might even be two second round. I'd bet it isn't just a 6th as you've said here. We'll know soon enough

• Bullseye
Reactions: DJ

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's really no better than Flacco or Keenum. It's certainly within reason that Denver would try to bring in Stafford. Though that would just keep Denver mired in mediocrity for 2-3 more seasons and delay any chance for all the young guys to actually develop.
Do you even watch football?