• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team will be ok

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know everyone is frustrated. This is a young team. Kovy and his turnovers. The power play is not producing. Zack is not producing. Zajac out. Marty's stats and him being pulled from goal. Giving up more shg than scoring ppg ( this one is very sad)

With that being said I like the effort since Marty got pulled on Friday night. I know Marty will bounce back and we can't just rely on Moose for every game. This isn't the OLD team from 2 years ago with all that dead weight. We got some young kids that are going to be really good players.
Even the power play wasn't all that bad last night. Yea one lucky goal but overall to me it looked a lot more aggressive.

It's better to be watching this team now than few years ago. Playoffs or not, I rather have teds, the Adams, and others getting experience and minutes. better than watching and old team and the first round exit. Also Parise and Kovy will eventually get it going. Law of averages will start tilting our way.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Devils are still +3 on the powerplay. Its that they have allowed 7 goals while up one man and only 5 goals while down one man.

I have to disagree with better to watch this team. The playoff teams were fun to watch. I liked having confidence in my team regardless of the score and time remaining. This team is very frustrating to watch because its inexperienced and prone to many mistakes.

I'm not concerned with the team however because I have lower expectations for this year.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no problem with the powerplay. We're not scoring, but its not for lack of pucks going to the net.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too am very frustrated, especially with the fact we are giving up a shorty a night it seems. Hell 8 SHG against for a SEASON is unacceptable and weve got that after 25 games. That said, anything better than last year is fine by me.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To me the first round exits were brutal. I rather have Adam H and L, Tedenby, JJ when he is healthy than Rolston, Pandolfo, White,or even Langs.
Great regular season team but a joke in the playoffs. It was getting old.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast they made it there, its looking like we'll miss again. Also another reason I'm not TOO frustrated at this team is because 2 saturdays in a row we were screwed out of atleast a point from the high powers at the NHL. Hell, last night it happened twice.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I see what rp is saying and I agree with him what's the point of making the playoffs just to get booted? You have to crawl before u walk. Best we hope for is sneak into the playoffs and get hot. With pure talent level this team is tons better then say 3 years ago. Then we got lucky for two goals in a game.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need more convincing...

Although the chances are being made, I mean we're shooting but nothing getting in.

Sloppy play from all around and dull moments in goal makes Calamity really angry.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need speed IMO. Awhile ago, I posted something about noticing team speed is rather slow.

After this weekend, I want to bring that back up. Team Speed is real slow and I can't really buy into our team for the long run if we don't have team speed.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need speed IMO. Awhile ago, I posted something about noticing team speed is rather slow.

After this weekend, I want to bring that back up. Team Speed is real slow and I can't really buy into our team for the long run if we don't have team speed.

When zajac is back i would LOVE to see him or henrique with tedenby and kovy... you want speed, there will be speed. Granted travs not anything special in that department, but it could really help spread our depth and speed a little more efficiently throughout the line up

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what rp is saying and I agree with him what's the point of making the playoffs just to get booted? .

Experience

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When zajac is back i would LOVE to see him or henrique with tedenby and kovy... you want speed, there will be speed. Granted travs not anything special in that department, but it could really help spread our depth and speed a little more efficiently throughout the line up

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Devils are still +3 on the powerplay. Its that they have allowed 7 goals while up one man and only 5 goals while down one man.

I have to disagree with better to watch this team. The playoff teams were fun to watch. I liked having confidence in my team regardless of the score and time remaining. This team is very frustrating to watch because its inexperienced and prone to many mistakes.

I'm not concerned with the team however because I have lower expectations for this year.

I also never found any of the defensive teams boring.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast they made it there, its looking like we'll miss again. Also another reason I'm not TOO frustrated at this team is because 2 saturdays in a row we were screwed out of atleast a point from the high powers at the NHL. Hell, last night it happened twice.

Winnipeg is an NHL high power?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Situation Room

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Variety of responses.
Experience is important for younger players. However, when the Devils were pushed around and dominated by the Flyers last time it made the postseason, I think the team had plenty of experience. To me, it was the same recycled team year after year. Lou agreed and started to make changes.

Also MC I also don't mind defense, however we didn't have the roster to win those 2-1 games anymore. Plus times have changed. Perfect example was the carolina series. Team still thought they had Stevens, Neids and Kenny back there and sat back on one goal leads only to blow them. Losing to Carolina and Philly to me was not fun at all. To me it meant time for changes and time to get younger.

I think this team has a shot to still make the playoffs this season. We lost 2 of our top centers. One is already skating and I think (Zajac) is going to make a difference. We all know he is that solid two way player but more importantly I think Parise's numbers will improve when he is back.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah this team i do believe is in better shape then they were a few years ago. in the philly and cane series you would have to pray to score goals. just dont have that same feeling. this team will make the playoffs unless there is an epic collapse. once there i dont think goal scoring will be a problem...just depends on if we can play good defense for a game or two

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our scoring seems the same way its been for years, why dont you have the same feeling as past years?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
because there is tons more upside...yeah for some strange reason we cant score now but i think it will finally happen. i knew we were only getting 15 from rolston or 4 from pando...i think in a 7 game set for 2 weeks this team insteal of MAYBE hopefully scoring 3 goals that on any given night we can hit 5 which is a huge boost come playoff time

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree about our offensive upside. We had high hopes last year that Arnott could put up 25G and Langenbrunner would be a solid contributor. Now instead of that we have Henrique, Sykora and Teds for a combined total of 2M~. Two of those guys hopefully being future keystones.

Now we just need our younger players to mature and we'll see where that takes us. We need to get this losing streak shutdown though. Don't want to hemorrhage points to teams we need to be taking them from.