• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team (not individual player) fantasy MLB

Jimmy G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been playing fantasy football since the early '90s, but just not player knowledgeable about MLB.

In order to watch and care about the upcoming baseball season, I'd like to get, say, five other people and we each draft 5 MLB teams, start 3 per week, and the fantasy team with the most wins takes the victory.

Would anyone be interested, and would anything on the internet (ESPN, Yahoo, etc) be able to support it? Thanks in advance.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of something like that available. Seems to be a good way to get a handful of baseball fans like yourself get their foot in the door though. I wouldn't expect any sites have a free, default setting like that... but I have no idea.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of something like that available. Seems to be a good way to get a handful of baseball fans like yourself get their foot in the door though. I wouldn't expect any sites have a free, default setting like that... but I have no idea.

i think you can do something similar to this on Fantrax... you can draft TEAM positions... so a Yankee First baseman or a red sox LO... or whatever...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do this in football with QBs and Kickers in my money league.

I like it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you can do something similar to this on Fantrax... you can draft TEAM positions... so a Yankee First baseman or a red sox LO... or whatever...

I do not think that is what he is saying though. It sounds like he is talking about JUST drafting the teams.

If your only scoring category is wins, that sounds pretty boring. I would at least suggest drafting team hitters, and team pitchers then going off runs. For example, the Rockies might be a crappy team, but their offense is one of the most valuable commodities. Just don't get stuck with their pitching staff!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think that is what he is saying though. It sounds like he is talking about JUST drafting the teams.

If your only scoring category is wins, that sounds pretty boring. I would at least suggest drafting team hitters, and team pitchers then going off runs. For example, the Rockies might be a crappy team, but their offense is one of the most valuable commodities. Just don't get stuck with their pitching staff!

I understood... But if there is something similar available then they can pull it off... For example, if he drafted the yankees, he could instead draft the yankees first baseman, and then later on he can take the other 2 yankees he needs... draft would be strange... but it is definitely possible...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood... But if there is something similar available then they can pull it off... For example, if he drafted the yankees, he could instead draft the yankees first baseman, and then later on he can take the other 2 yankees he needs... draft would be strange... but it is definitely possible...
I have a league on yahoo where u just pick an mlb team and u have all their players just u Its points only league I tried to change to H2H points but nobody wanted to :suds: