• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team MVP so far

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Take out that 61 yard gain for Scott and 1/5th of his yards are gone. If you can take out carries for Benson then you might as well do it for everybody else as well.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2.5 YPC vs. 4.5 ypc through the first 4 games. I didn't say anybody said he was good. I was replying to Dan who said some people had a crush on him. I was using him as a basis to debunking Andrew Brandt's assessment that "all credit in the running game goes to the o-line". I don't even know why I have to explain this, it was all pretty clear the first time I wrote it.

Which is why TWICE (once after each time you said it) I've mentioned that a player with so few carries a game cannot be fairly assessed. The fact that you're still trying to explain the same tired point is what's mind-boggling. Please tell ME if I can be any more clear.

So again, the sample size is just too small. Compound that with inconsistent field time from game to game, the 2.5 ypc stat is meaningless.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Take out that 61 yard gain for Scott and 1/5th of his yards are gone. If you can take out carries for Benson then you might as well do it for everybody else as well.

And, again, for the 2nd time, I only removed the carry to show in context its effect on that ONE game (to see if he was overall worthy of "MVP" status that game), only to merely get to the point that he wasn't the only player on the field that had one great play that should also make them worthy of the discussion despite knowing they were average or below the entire game with the exception of that one play.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the sample size is too small now then the sample size has always been too small. He'll still end the season, barring any set back or injury, with near the same amount of carries he's had the past two seasons.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's not true for a couple reasons:

1) The sample size for the 2009 season is 74. Far more than the 13 we're going off of right now.

2) Furthermore, in 2009 he had games with 13, 18, and 21 carries which make up the major part of his seasonal statistics. Those are 3 games with consistent carries where the defense is focusing on him, so there are no arbitrary plays in between that could be argued to be discounted. Additionally, he had 6 carries in 3 other games, a number he has yet to reach this season. As for the games with 0-2 carries, those numbers will be lost within the much larger sample, i.e. negligible effect.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not even sure how this thread became about Scott. Doesn't matter, those who think Benson is average at best won't change their minds, and same goes for those that thinks he's good.

I'm done.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said he was a beast? Where did anybody say he was anything other than above average?

He's not close to average - And certainly not an MVP of a team. This team would have the same record with or without Benson. He's a below average running back.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the most talented player, it's the most valuable player. Benson is the most valuable so far. It shows in the fact that when he is good we win, when he is bad we lose. MVP not MTP.

Well you can throw this out the window now. Benson was pathetic. I stand by my pick of Green for MVP of the O.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frostee Rucker has been the defensive MVP

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00