• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TC thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a losing record and are playing the first place schedule after being broomed by the giants . We have a lot to prove

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

could we have finally made a good 2nd round pick

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great off season from the media, we usually get ripped, and can't do anything right, legit personalities are rooting for, and backing us. Its great that we have 2 decent QBs, that national outlets think could lead us to a division title again

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
twitter has been hyping him all off season long
I find that kind of funny don't you? Hype over off season and OTA's, minicamp as we all know (Haskins) means very little. I really really like Taylor H. Once they brought in Fitz, the writing is on the wall because he will start and if he struggles, I think we see TH then, but only then. I think Ron & Co will obviously tout the competition in camp etc but it Fitz from the start which has been the plan all along.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great off season from the media, we usually get ripped, and can't do anything right, legit personalities are rooting for, and backing us. Its great that we have 2 decent QBs, that national outlets think could lead us to a division title again
i am optimistic but at the same time we have a tough schedule and we have things to prove

san diego wont be easy as they are improved and i would hate to go 0-2 10 days into the new season . we could be 2-0 just as easily but we cant seem to beat the giants no matter what type of team they field

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that kind of funny don't you? Hype over off season and OTA's, minicamp as we all know (Haskins) means very little. I really really like Taylor H. Once they brought in Fitz, the writing is on the wall because he will start and if he struggles, I think we see TH then, but only then. I think Ron & Co will obviously tout the competition in camp etc but it Fitz from the start which has been the plan all along.
it's fitz's job to lose so i would say you are right . most people will smirk at me but i think we have 3 qbs who can win games if we need them too . it will be an interesting PS

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's fitz's job to lose so i would say you are right . most people will smirk at me but i think we have 3 qbs who can win games if we need them too . it will be an interesting PS
No reason to smirk. I think it is Fitz's job to lose also. Allen did some good things in his limited playing time and Heinicke looked really good in his very limited time. It is way to soon to crown anyone the starter.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good piece and film on the buffalo nickel

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good piece and film on the buffalo nickel
I think folks are getting too caught up in the name "buffalo nickel." The nickel part tells the story. The Redskins are running a 4-2-5 when they have a third safety in.

Bullock is correct in that the Redskins ran a lot of zone last year and they ran better than zone defense in a long time. Curl was a big part of that but so were the safety's. Early in the year the WTF were using a lot of single high safety and Apke was not reading the play well. That was where the D was sucking.

Secondly the WTF did not have good cover LBers ... not new news. It didn't matter if they were in zone or man. They just were not good.

If you can get a safety that can play a hybrid LBer .... like Craven was supposed to play. You need a guy that can drop back but can also hold up in the run because he is likely going to get blocked by a TE.

Long story short it is not a magical position unless you have a very good player there. You still walk up the SS when you can to play the run or at times blitz. The real trick in defense is trying to make the QB confused when he looks over the D. The reason the D didn't look so good in the playoffs is Tom Brady knew what they were doing.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think folks are getting too caught up in the name "buffalo nickel." The nickel part tells the story. The Redskins are running a 4-2-5 when they have a third safety in.

Bullock is correct in that the Redskins ran a lot of zone last year and they ran better than zone defense in a long time. Curl was a big part of that but so were the safety's. Early in the year the WTF were using a lot of single high safety and Apke was not reading the play well. That was where the D was sucking.

Secondly the WTF did not have good cover LBers ... not new news. It didn't matter if they were in zone or man. They just were not good.

If you can get a safety that can play a hybrid LBer .... like Craven was supposed to play. You need a guy that can drop back but can also hold up in the run because he is likely going to get blocked by a TE.

Long story short it is not a magical position unless you have a very good player there. You still walk up the SS when you can to play the run or at times blitz. The real trick in defense is trying to make the QB confused when he looks over the D. The reason the D didn't look so good in the playoffs is Tom Brady knew what they were doing.
We did not mix things up with Brady enough. We rushed 4 most of the time and didn't get home or move him off his spot. He picked us apart like the champion QB he is. Having more weapons on defense (if that is a thing) like WJ3, Davis, SJB and others will hopefully allow us to actually mix things up, show and disguise coverages but use our athletism to come from different angles with different players and not just our front 4. JDR went real vanilla against TB12 and perhaps he thought he had to, it back fired. I'm very optimistic about our defense which was far better last year than expected having come off the horrible Manusky/Gruden era and an offense that will also contribute unlike last year. Now the strength of schedule will pose problems but hey, you line up each Sunday and battle it out. Looks like LC will be first up at Buffalo nickle imo but Hudson, Curl and others will get PT at that spot as well.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Cam Sims dropped that opening pass deep, I didn't expect the game to be so close.
Look back at all the holding that wasn't called on the TB offensive line, we did the best we could against the world champions

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blitz Tom and he kills you, he is just too smart. You have to get to him with 4 like the Giants did twice.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blitz Tom and he kills you, he is just too smart. You have to get to him with 4 like the Giants did twice.
I will say, of all DL Payne had the best game. We have them again this year, yes?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say, of all DL Payne had the best game. We have them again this year, yes?
Yes, middle of Nov in beautiful downtown Largo.

I was pretty pleased with the way the WTF played against the Bucs. I would have liked to win but we gave them their toughest game in the playoffs. You and I agree that the way to beat Brady is to make him uncomfortable in the pocket.