• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Lewin

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion our biggest area of need is OL and RT in particular is a concern. In fact LT may become a concern as we might not be able to design Okung when his contract is up.
I want to ask everyone's opinion on Lewin. He is one of the top rated OTs in the draft and I have seen him go as high as #5 and as low as #22 in mocks but he was recently charged with 3 misdemenor assault counts and also was accused of threatning a woman who was going to file a r*pe charge against a teammate a couple of years ago. (He has denied guilt in both situations which in itself is a bit suspicious.)
There is no doubting his talent but I wonder if the Seahawks would be interested in him if he fell some considering his baggage and possible incarceration time. Would we be willing to trade up some to get him and if so, how much?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team hasn't shied away from a checkered past before. I dont have enough info on what Lewin did to make a judgement one way or the other.

But he's a great talent, and this team has shown to take BPA even if its not an area of immense need (Michael last year) We already have our LT and I can't see us letting him walk, but if he falls.... who knows.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team hasn't shied away from a checkered past before. I dont have enough info on what Lewin did to make a judgement one way or the other.

But he's a great talent, and this team has shown to take BPA even if its not an area of immense need (Michael last year) We already have our LT and I can't see us letting him walk, but if he falls.... who knows.
Okung may want $10 million plus a year. That combined with all of the other contracts coming up and his injury history might put him up for evaluation for the chopping block, especially if he continues to miss significant time every year.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung may want $10 million plus a year. That combined with all of the other contracts coming up and his injury history might put him up for evaluation for the chopping block, especially if he continues to miss significant time every year.

You maybe right, but how often does a franchise left a tackle of Okungs talent go?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewan could have left Michigan after his junior year and would have been a top 10 pick according to many. He stayed because of his loyalty to Michigan and wanted to play on Senior day and walk on the field with his parents.

So, misdemeanors aside, it seems as though Lewan could be a quality character guy (unless you willing to peg someone for an assault at some frat party after you lose to Ohio State your senior year of college). Could be a great pick up for us if he slips

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewan could have left Michigan after his junior year and would have been a top 10 pick according to many. He stayed because of his loyalty to Michigan and wanted to play on Senior day and walk on the field with his parents.

So, misdemeanors aside, it seems as though Lewan could be a quality character guy (unless you willing to peg someone for an assault at some frat party after you lose to Ohio State your senior year of college). Could be a great pick up for us if he slips

3 counts of assault in the most recent event which in total is punishable by over a year in jail maximum and an instance about 3 years ago where he threatened a girl who was raped by a teammate by supposably stating that he would also r*pe her if she reported the other instance.

As stated before, he denies any guilt in either situation, which in itself is a bit suspicious to me.
I have not heard much about him dropping as far as us but this certainly cannot help his stock.

My question remains: If a player of his caliber drops into the 20's, should we look to trade up and grab him despite the character concerns?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 counts of assault in the most recent event which in total is punishable by over a year in jail maximum and an instance about 3 years ago where he threatened a girl who was raped by a teammate by supposably stating that he would also r*pe her if she reported the other instance.

As stated before, he denies any guilt in either situation, which in itself is a bit suspicious to me.
I have not heard much about him dropping as far as us but this certainly cannot help his stock.

My question remains: If a player of his caliber drops into the 20's, should we look to trade up and grab him despite the character concerns?
Taylor Lewan Faces 3 Misdemeanor Charges for Assault from December Fight | Bleacher Report

His three counts of assault are all misdemeanors, meaning the most time he could serve is up to one year, and two of the three charges are simple assault and battery charges, which have a max 93 day sentence. Was Lewan arrested that day? Nope. Some OSU fans filed a police report hours after the UM-OSU game saying that Lewan punched them and that he was the aggressor. A while later the police decided to press charges. Lewan stated that he was only trying to break up an existing fight.

And it appears that he never threatened the girl that a teammate raped. The accusation is that he threatened a friend of the r*pe victim and not the r*pe victim herself.

After reading this article I feel even better about drafting Lewan. If you take these events in the worst light possible, they aren't all that bad. The guy got in an altercation with some OSU fans hours after his last game at the big house, in perhaps the biggest rivalry in all of sports. Or he was just breaking up a fight as any good guy would do. At worst, he is an idiot and a bully for saying anything to the r*pe victim's friend. Its tough for me to imagine a serious threat though without actually doing it to the victim herself.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't make it out of the top 15. Teams all knew about these charges for months and he is still on every draft board from what I understand. Going to have to trade up big time to get him and that doesn't seem like something Seattle would do considering they would give up most of their draft just to trade up losing those late round gems

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does not drop into the 20's then there is essentially no chance that the Seahawks will be able to get him. It appears he had a strong combine also so this speculation is probably pointless.
I will be interested to see if this behavior is purely coincidence and wrong place / wrong time sort of thing or if we will see more of the same in his career.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw of him vs Bama a couple of years ago he's worthless. Got owned by 1st year starters at DE and jack linebacker. Extremely overrated, a thug, full of himself. I'd pass.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw of him vs Bama a couple of years ago he's worthless. Got owned by 1st year starters at DE and jack linebacker. Extremely overrated, a thug, full of himself. I'd pass.
I was at that game. Was the first game of the year two seasons ago and in Dallas. Michigan was outclassed in every facet of the game. But after that season he was deemed to be one of, if not THE, top o-lineman in the draft, but he stayed in Michigan to play out his senior year.Is he extremely overrated? Doubtful. A thug? Perhaps. Full of himself? Seeing as he passed up on millions to stay in college an extra year, not a chance.