• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as the man drives us nuts with his offense from time-to-time, last night further demonstrated why he is such an effective coach. He's just a solid leader that makes the right choices and does right by his guys. There's a reason the culture has been so good the last few years.... Now, if he could just work on some of those play-calls!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as the man drives us nuts with his offense from time-to-time, last night further demonstrated why he is such an effective coach. He's just a solid leader that makes the right choices and does right by his guys. There's a reason the culture has been so good the last few years.... Now, if he could just work on some of those play-calls!
I think he is improving. First time head coach. At least he went to pretty much 95% shotgun to run or pass. Made offense much more unpredictable. At the beginning of the year I was accurate probably on 90% of all play calls if it was going to be a run or pass. That is too predictable when a nobody like me can call 90% of the plays, and further still probably call 75% of the directions the runs were going to go.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, that was probably the right call really. sportsmanship is important.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, that was probably the right call really. sportsmanship is important.
I believe he earned even more respect around t he league as the type of coach he really is. I am not trying to use this situation for football, but really, if guys see that, and what type of coach he is, it could lead to solid recruiting of free agents. Guys knowing they are going to a team that has their best interest in mind, because you know it is not going to be the richest situation.

Aaron Rodgers on the Pat McAfee Show was just gushing over Taylor and him doing the right thing and what kind of person that makes him. So Zac being Zac on National TV could have made a long term impact on his efforts as a head coach of this team I think.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said for awhile - I think Taylor is a really, really good HC....I don't think he's adept at scheme/play-calling (tendencies tend to get too familiar) - but as a HC - it is clear that he has the locker-room and respect of guys, not just in Cincinnati, but I think across the league.

I'm hopeful that as Burrow continues to grow - he will start to have more freedom in the offense and more input on scheme/play-calling. I know he has some now, but in another year I'd like to see him getting near free reign a la Big Ben in Pitt, or Brady. The guy is well ahead of the game for being just in his 3rd year...

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as Burrow is healthy, it seems Taylor will have a job.

we held on to Marvin for a long time, and it kinda became awkward at the end; however, when you look at some of the folks we had before him Marvin seems pretty good.