• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tate's Contract & Low 2014 Cap Number

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true Kreton. Only problem is LIons don't hit on draft picks. That is a need in this scenario. These teams are making 4th and 5th picks and UDFA acquisitions that pan out. Up until last year, not happening in Detroit.

And there's only been one change/addition to the F. O. that I know of(can't guarantee that's the only change). Some give him credit, some don't.

This year's draft/season will tell us if he's been a big part or if we just got lucky.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The analysis should be Nate vs Tate.

Nate's career is ending while Tate is entering his prime.

Tate had a much better 2013 season (even accounting for Nate's injury)

Nate cost $6.5M against the cap in 2013 and would have cost $7.5 this season. Tate is less than half of those numbers in 2014.

No matter how you look at it this is an enormous upgrade. Even if you think we overpaid we still got a good young veteran and improved the team's cap position.

This exactly, people are just upset because the lions wont draft a wide receiver at ten and they are upset because they wanted to sign defense instead of draft them.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true Kreton. Only problem is LIons don't hit on draft picks. That is a need in this scenario. These teams are making 4th and 5th picks and UDFA acquisitions that pan out. Up until last year, not happening in Detroit.

Have faith brother. With the addition of xanders they all of the sudden became draft gurus.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have faith brother. With the addition of xanders they all of the sudden became draft gurus.

Did not make the Zanders reference. That is pretty known or stated here many many times. I am taking the wait and see approach of Micro to make my conclusion.

Faith???? shit man I gave the Redskins and Dolphins up for this debacle. Not that they have been any better. The Saints gave me HOPE my faith pays off.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gvsu,

If Mayhew or any Lions reps don't show up at Evans' pro-day, I'll believe that the team doesnt want another WR. Stay tuned.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't read too much into that one, Lionstop... we have a history in round one of drafting both guys who did visit, and guys who didn't.

Evans is absolutely still in play, imo. I wouldn't call him the favorite, but it'd be pretty foolish to rule him out, too...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people are just upset because the lions wont draft a wide receiver at ten and they are upset because they wanted to sign defense instead of draft them.

I am in the group who would have rather the Lions signed a proven player on defense, than add another big contract to a WR, when we have the highest paid WR in the game already and a draft coming up that is the deepest it has been in a long time for the WR position.

This has been discussed repeatedly already though. I think Detroit has proven their goal is to try and build an unstoppable offense and live with what we get on the defensive side of the ball. With this basically being their goal -- they may as well draft Evans at #10, so we don't have to worry about them spending more money and picks on the offense for a while.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about it now.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think their goal is to have an unstoppable offense, its because they wanted to put an end to their WR problems.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great signing by the Lions. Too bad they offset that with giving Pettigrew any more money. Money should of went to defense and rolled with Michael Williams out of ALA who they put on injured reserve last year. Same player essentially.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't read too much into that one, Lionstop... we have a history in round one of drafting both guys who did visit, and guys who didn't.

Evans is absolutely still in play, imo. I wouldn't call him the favorite, but it'd be pretty foolish to rule him out, too...

:10: Tate was probably just insurance in case Evans doesn't fall to them. Plus it adds a bit of a smokescreen to teams like the Giants or Jets who might move up ahead of Detroit to snag him.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolling,

Im not sure who it is you want in this draft. Who do you like at 10?