• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tar Heels in black?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give up. I now realize if they change the color of their socks you put them on your list. I'll stick to the game itself. Maybe you can start a thread on the fashion of football. Oh wait, you already did! :L

not even close. you talk about teams being traditional, which sounded like NEVER change a thing, same uniform for home and away.

All those teams I mentioned have either worn a pro combat uni that dramatically changed their "traditional" appearance, or have multiple uniform combinations (which isn't traditional)

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like 'em. The only thing I would change, would be getting rid of the shoulder stripes. Also, I think a flat blue helmet would look cool. 4/5

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one I liked was on the far right. The other two ....... :puke:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not even close. you talk about teams being traditional, which sounded like NEVER change a thing, same uniform for home and away.

All those teams I mentioned have either worn a pro combat uni that dramatically changed their "traditional" appearance, or have multiple uniform combinations (which isn't traditional)

:L

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not but flashy uniforms are a small part of luring recruits to your program. This younger generation cares more about looking good than playing good.

fify

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18!!!! What an insult Gene!!!

6 different jerseys, 5 helmets, 4 pants.... DO the math. THat like.....

1 MILLION combinations

images

Meant no diss to Oregon, Mamba. UNC doesn't normally do the Duck thing was my point.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't do it Carolina.

Uniform gimmicks and blue fields forever prevent you from being taken serious.

Alabama, Texas, Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, and Penn State almost never change the uniforms except minor tweaking.

There is no surprise that they are the 100 year kings of the sport.

Tradition, Tradition, and more tradition enables the wins and the money to pour in long term.
Gimmicks seems short term.

Establishing the uniform tradition enables you to win the permanent "benefit of the doubt" bias.
Gimmicky stuff just devalues the brand.

In fairness, Oregon and Maryland really have no choice as NIKE and UNDER ARMOUR are forcing their hands.

But, to voluntarily change the identity for a few quick bucks....permanently harms the brand.

Well, if they ever paint the field blue I won't watch our home games. :lol:

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you still missed a few OD.

I like the black and powder blue, Geneh! I just can't get on the tarheel foot logo. If it came down to the black and baby blue every game vs. the baby blue and white every game... Old school white and baby blue wins every time.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whatever happened to the Rambling Wreck?

Maybe, my memory is failing, but Geneh was the biggest yellowjacket (only yj fan??) on the boards for years.

Where did this love for the Tarheels come?

Is it some sort of WWE face turn publicity stunt to market Georgia Tech?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appropriate. They're going to be black-and-blue anyway after their opener.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro combat unis? Wrong! The closest thing to breaking tradition Alabama has done is they had a houndstooth pattern in the numbers of the jerseys once and the A on the gloves! No, everyone doesn't do it! Ever been to Mal Moore Athletic Offices or Bryant Hall? Didn't think so. You will see lots of trophies and crystal balls but no combat unis. :rollseyes:

Do you not follow Bama football like you claim... Dont argue with people like OD and I about who wears Pro Combat Unis and try and act like you know what you are talking about. We live 5 minutes from the Nike World Headquarters dewd.... I have already seen Bama uniforms that are far from the norm of what Bama usually wears. EVERYONE is and will switch up the unis. It is where we are as a CFB nation like it or not.

So you are sounding very ridiculous and will have to come back looking even more so when you see what your Tide wear in 2014's season. I think they are awesome. You will probably love them as well/// But will come on here acting like you want your "tradition" back

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not follow Bama football like you claim... Dont argue with people like OD and I about who wears Pro Combat Unis and try and act like you know what you are talking about. We live 5 minutes from the Nike World Headquarters dewd.... I have already seen Bama uniforms that are far from the norm of what Bama usually wears. EVERYONE is and will switch up the unis. It is where we are as a CFB nation like it or not.

So you are sounding very ridiculous and will have to come back looking even more so when you see what your Tide wear in 2014's season. I think they are awesome. You will probably love them as well/// But will come on here acting like you want your "tradition" back

The uniforms worn in the BCS game were just like normal Alabama uniforms. Just because they are tighter fitting and more modern etc doesn't mean it's a change in style. Considering that as being somekind of uniform change is stupid.

And I think you are full of shit about the 2014 uniforms.

Last edited by a moderator:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is there so much hate for these uniforms. they are sharp looking and well done. Nike has put out far more hideous uniforms out there and they have gotten less of a stir on here then these. Above all, this is UNC football, don't like it? Doubt you see much of it on TV anyways.

Nonetheless, UNC needed a face lift, they got one and it looks awesome. All combos shown in that link look great.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The uniforms worn in the BCS game were just like normal Alabama uniforms. Just because they are tighter fitting and more modern etc doesn't mean it's a change in style. Considering that as being somekind of uniform change is stupid.

And I think you are full of shit about the 2014 uniforms.
:lol:

SO you think I am lying?

Ok.... That is what I choose to do while on the hoop is make up stories about what I saw at Nike WH.....

Anyways.. They arent an Oregon dramatic.. But they are a play on what Bama usually does. Crimson pants, crimson top, no white but numbers on helmets and numbers on jerseys. THey are bad ass. Sorta like the Arizona Cardinals all reds.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't know what we're talking about or follow Alabama football and sound ridiculous because...:wtf2:

When Alabama wears crimson on crimson we can talk again, but for now, we are discussing what is going on NOW! As I said earlier ,and 4down20 mentioned as well, wearing a new material of a higher technological quality and the exact same colors is not breaking tradition. I also will add just because you and OD think we care you go to the Nike factory and saw some crimson on crimson Bama jerseys DOES NOT mean they are going to wear them. I'm sure from a marketing stand point Nike has several uniform designs for all teams and approach them about wearing them. Over the years has Alabama done something a little different every now and then? Yes! They wore white helmets with their white jerseys when Ray Perkins was there(mid 80's). They've had years with names on the back and years with no names.

Lets summarize this. You saw some different Alabama jerseys at the Nike factory and we don't know anything about our team or follow them, as we claim, because they may or may not wear these uniforms in two years. I ask you, who appears to be acting like the pompous arrogant dumbass here? Sorry for those words white mamba but they described your post with the best accuracy.

I said earlier that I don't count a team changing up for a game every decade as being part of EVERYONE that wears Pro Combat jerseys. You'll have to pardon me for not knowing the exact fashion terms like you Nike experts. Is Pro Combat unis referring to the material type as Alabama wore in NC game, and I said doesn't count, or the crazy color schemes that differ from their norm? Thank you dude (you also notice I choose to spell dude different from your dewd). By the way, this came up on google for the spelling of dewd.

Urban Dictionary: Dewd
Urban Dictionary: Dewd
Typically used by assholes on AIM or ICQ to signify the word "dude". Often used with the modified plural "Dewdz". Dewd, I can't believe those dewdz wur frontin.
:noidea:

And by the way, even if they do wear these unis in two years, that doesn't mean shit whether I follow my team or not. It seems like Oregon fans represent 90% of the fans who continue to talk about uniform fashion....and cares. Go figure.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, my memory is failing, but Geneh was the biggest yellowjacket (only yj fan??) on the boards for years.

The "Rabling Wreck" is in the same gravyard the Tarheels will be if they go 6-6. Clemson is the next flavor of the month. But hey, it's all good he just loves the ACC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

SO you think I am lying?

Ok.... That is what I choose to do while on the hoop is make up stories about what I saw at Nike WH.....

Anyways.. They arent an Oregon dramatic.. But they are a play on what Bama usually does. Crimson pants, crimson top, no white but numbers on helmets and numbers on jerseys. THey are bad ass. Sorta like the Arizona Cardinals all reds.

I think you don't understand Alabama football or what the fan base generally expects. And I don't think you understand the difference between concept uniforms and actual uniforms Alabama will wear.

I've seen lots of Alabama concept uniforms in the past that have never been worn. And it's not just a few people on these forums who are against dramatic uniform changes when it comes to Alabama either. It's an extremely large part of the fan base. Such changes will not go over well at all, and there will be a large backlash.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've explained it too many times to go into it again. Just know I am now a UNC fan and a fan of all the ACC teams.

Boise Mike is not too far off. I was a GT fan for 40 years before I switched to UNC. I don't think the old ticker has 40 more years left to switch to somebody else, though. And it had a lot more to do with GT than the 6-6 season.