• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tar Heels in black?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46 is right that a uniform doesn't win games, but it certainly attracts top recruits to play for that team, so in a way, yes uniforms can help you win ball games.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46 is right that a uniform doesn't win games, but it certainly attracts top recruits to play for that team, so in a way, yes uniforms can help you win ball games.

:lame: I disagree totally. That's just buying into a fallacy. Somewhere someone made that comment and some people bought in. I wouldn't want some dumbass kid who chose his school because of their uniforms! Maybe when he was 5 years old but not 17 and 18.

Crimson and white...I wonder how Alabama gets anyone to come there?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame: I disagree totally. That's just buying into a fallacy. Somewhere someone made that comment and some people bought in. I wouldn't want some dumbass kid who chose his school because of their uniforms! Maybe when he was 5 years old but not 17 and 18.

Crimson and white...I wonder how Alabama gets anyone to come there?

if it isn't true, why is almost every program in the country doing it? And not just in football, but in basketball as well?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it isn't true, why is almost every program in the country doing it? And not just in football, but in basketball as well?

You ever heard of selling out? Now name ALL these programs that are doing it? I don't mean once either.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever heard of selling out? Now name ALL these programs that are doing it? I don't mean once either.

Ok for both basketball and football...

Football: Bolded are teams that constantly have multi combos, non highlights mean team participated or participates once a year in changing their uniform for a game or two.

Oregon
Oklahoma State
Washington State
Arizona
Arizona State
South Carolina

Ohio State
Michigan
Notre Dame
Nebraska
Missouri
LSU
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Miami
Texas
Oregon State
Washington

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball:

kanas
Louisville
notre dame
Baylor
Oregon
numerous others

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who hasn't? Even Bama has pro combat unis, although they are usually not as drastically different as most others are. And I guarantee you that those unis are posted up somewhere where recruits will see them when they come visit Alabama. Those kids aren't picking a school because of the uniforms or any other single factor......it is just one piece in the puzzle.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hasn't? Even Bama has pro combat unis, although they are usually not as drastically different as most others are. And I guarantee you that those unis are posted up somewhere where recruits will see them when they come visit Alabama. Those kids aren't picking a school because of the uniforms or any other single factor......it is just one piece in the puzzle.

Pro combat unis? Wrong! The closest thing to breaking tradition Alabama has done is they had a houndstooth pattern in the numbers of the jerseys once and the A on the gloves! No, everyone doesn't do it! Ever been to Mal Moore Athletic Offices or Bryant Hall? Didn't think so. You will see lots of trophies and crystal balls but no combat unis. :rollseyes:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro combat unis? Wrong! The closest thing to breaking tradition Alabama has done is they had a houndstooth pattern in the numbers of the jerseys once and the A on the gloves! No, everyone doesn't do it! Ever been to Mal Moore Athletic Offices or Bryant Hall? Didn't think so. You will see lots of trophies and crystal balls but no combat unis. :rollseyes:

refer to post #25. Those were just some off the top of my head. I am sure there are more out there that I forgot.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do they have pictures of Alabama's 2013 national championship game? if so, then yes, along with those crystal balls there will be combat unis.

NIKE, Inc. - Crimson Tide to play for BCS title in Nike's most innovative uniform system

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok for both basketball and football...

Football: Bolded are teams that constantly have multi combos, non highlights mean team participated or participates once a year in changing their uniform for a game or two.

Oregon
Oklahoma State
Washington State
Arizona
Arizona State
South Carolina

Ohio State
Michigan
Notre Dame
Nebraska
Missouri
LSU
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Miami
Texas
Oregon State
Washington

More than half those teams might have done it once. I challenge South Carolina,Texas, Missouri, Arizona, Miami. Nebraska did it once and will this year too. Once! Is that for recruits? Just because you write them down doesn't make it correct. I wouldn't say that is multiple jersey and color schemes. ND broke out green for a game years ago. Don't think they did that to get recruits. It was a gimmick to fire them up for a game. Teams do black outs, red outs, white outs, etc but again not for your reasons.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than half those teams might have done it once. I challenge South Carolina,Texas, Missouri, Arizona, Miami. Nebraska did it once and will this year too. Once! Is that for recruits? Just because you write them down doesn't make it correct. I wouldn't say that is multiple jersey and color schemes. ND broke out green for a game years ago. Don't think they did that to get recruits. It was a gimmick to fire them up for a game. Teams do black outs, red outs, white outs, etc but again not for your reasons.

do you follow much football?

South Carolina has SEVERAL uni combinations and along with that they have their yearly Wounded Warrior uniform.

Texas had pro combat for a game or two.

Missouri just revamped their entire football uniform and now have dozens of different combinations and helmets.

Arizona - Has had multiple uniforms for a very long time, and now added even more for this year.

Notre Dame - Do you recall their hideous Addidas uniform this past season for was it the Michigan game?

Miami - Has used pro combat uniforms a couple of times, think they had green helmets and gold helmets before.

I am concerned I am wasting my time here debating uniforms with someone who doesn't know that 2 teams within his own conference have hundreds of different uniform combinations.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you follow much football?

South Carolina has SEVERAL uni combinations and along with that they have their yearly Wounded Warrior uniform.

Texas had pro combat for a game or two.

Missouri just revamped their entire football uniform and now have dozens of different combinations and helmets.

Arizona - Has had multiple uniforms for a very long time, and now added even more for this year.

Notre Dame - Do you recall their hideous Addidas uniform this past season for was it the Michigan game?

Miami - Has used pro combat uniforms a couple of times, think they had green helmets and gold helmets before.

I am concerned I am wasting my time here debating uniforms with someone who doesn't know that 2 teams within his own conference have hundreds of different uniform combinations.

First of all, you'll have to excuse me. Some of us don't really notice all the color combinations that different teams wear like you Oregon fans do, We concentrate more on the game of football. However, I think we have totally different ideas of what wearing crazy different colors and unis are. Sure some teams will wear a little different design OR MATERIAL but I don't count that in what we are discussing. South Carolina's unis in the outback bowl were not that different or crazy like you say. I'm talking about a major change in the look and more than once. South Carolina has hundreds of color designs? I don't think so. Examples of including Alabama shows we are not thinking about the same thing.

...and how many D1 teams are there? About 120? And after I eliminate the teams that barely make a change as a sell out for recruits, as you say, we have what? About 15% of teams? Is that everyone?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already remembered a few I forgot to mention..

Maryland
Indiana
Virginia Tech
Rutgers
North Carolina
Kentucky
TCU
Baylor
Wyoming
Eastern Michigan
Utah State
Boise State
Hawaii
Florida
Utah
West Virginia
Army
Washington

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already remembered a few I forgot to mention..

Maryland
Indiana
Virginia Tech
Rutgers
North Carolina
Kentucky
TCU
Baylor
Wyoming
Eastern Michigan
Utah State
Boise State
Hawaii
Florida
Utah
West Virginia
Army
Washington

I give up. I now realize if they change the color of their socks you put them on your list. I'll stick to the game itself. Maybe you can start a thread on the fashion of football. Oh wait, you already did! :L

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3