• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tannehill?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why trade up for him?

we already have one project, now another.

Stop. A guy like Nathan Enderle in 2011 or a guy like Ryan Lindley in 2012 are project QBs. Guys like Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton, and Andy Dalton obviously weren't.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's how I see it:

The Niners are the best team in the NFC west. The Seahawks may be up and coming, but I don't see 'em doing anything abuot the Niners' D. So they're going to have a playoff team draft pick the next couple of years IMO. And one way or another they're going to have to trade up pretty far to get a top QB prospect. They might as well go for a talented guy like T-Hill who probably won't be a top 5 pick while there are only a few teams would would want him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop. A guy like Nathan Enderle in 2011 or a guy like Ryan Lindley in 2012 are project QBs. Guys like Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton, and Andy Dalton obviously weren't.

who's talking about those qb's? tannehil is a project. honestly, if there ever was a qb i would like to see develop in the cfl, tannehil is it. in 4 years he could turn into warren moon

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another reason why we should just roll w/ CK this year. If he's good, we stick with him. If he's not, we'll address QB in next year's draft, which looks like it could be a bit deeper at the position than this year.

You mentioned Landry Jones and Matt Barkley, but there's also Tyler Bray, who has a chance to unseat either of them as the #1 QB, 1z already mentioned Jeff Tuel, there's Derek Carr, Tyler Wilson, Logan Thomas, Aaron Murray, etc. I'm not saying I'm a fan of all these QBs, but playing Kap this year gives us more options for 2013.

Anyways, we'll just have to see how this plays out.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's talking about those qb's? tannehil is a project. honestly, if there ever was a qb i would like to see develop in the cfl, tannehil is it. in 4 years he could turn into warren moon

If Tannehill is a project then 95% of the QBs that enter the draft are projects. Which would negate your point either way.

He's raw, and probably needs some time sitting, but that doesn't mean he's a project. He should be ready to start his 2nd year at the latest.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raw = project in my books. tannehil needs reps, i don't think he'll even look good in the preseason. if u watch him on the practice field he looks the part, but can he play at a high level?

it's possible his qb skills aren't even polished enough to start in the cfl.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill is dog shit. Let him bust for someone else.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raw = project in my books. tannehil needs reps, i don't think he'll even look good in the preseason. if u watch him on the practice field he looks the part, but can he play at a high level?

it's possible his qb skills aren't even polished enough to start in the cfl.

Raw =/= project. Aside from Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford, and Matt Ryan, which QBs weren't raw? Tannehill is raw, so is RG3, so was Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, Andy Dalton, Josh Freeman, etc. But that doesn't mean they can't play early and it doesn't mean they're long term projects.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You mentioned Landry Jones and Matt Barkley, but there's also Tyler Bray, who has a chance to unseat either of them as the #1 QB, 1z already mentioned Jeff Tuel, there's Derek Carr, Tyler Wilson, Logan Thomas, Aaron Murray, etc. I'm not saying I'm a fan of all these QBs, but playing Kap this year gives us more options for 2013.

Bray! That's his name. Slipped my mind...

I think its highly unlikely Murray & Bray enter the draft unless one of 'em is going to be a top 3 pick. Bray will probably be a 1st pick overall eventually. Murray didn't impress me at all with all that talent at Georgia. Barkely & Jones are locks for the top 5, and I like Tannehill better.

Can't remember if I've seen Jeff Teul play at all. Derek Carr? Not a huge fan. Logan Thomas & Wilson? Ehhh....

The problem with drafting a QB next year is that the Niners have good talent for a QB now. The longer they wait to develop a guy the less time he'll get with all the talent on the team like Justin Smith, Sopoaga, Manningham, Culliver, Bowman, Hunter, Gore, Miller, Whitner, Akers...

...By the way this is the reason I want hte Niners to trade guys like Justin & maybe Soap because I have very little confidence the QB situation will be resolved before they're gone or not effective any more...

If the Niners want to take advantage of all the non-QB talent on the team they need to do it now, next year and the year after that. Otherwise they're going to need to replace a lot of these guys, and the likelihood of replacing these guys with players who are as good with high (20+) draft picks isn't very high.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up for Tannehill now? I like him better than Matt Barkley or Landry Jones. It'd probably have to be a huge trade up because he'll be a top 10 pick. Probably no lower than 8 to the Fish.

...Well, I'd have to watch Jones more, but at this point I like Tannehill more.

Seriously? Both Barkley and Jones are leaps and bounds above Tannehill IMO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Seriously? Both Barkley and Jones are leaps and bounds above Tannehill IMO.

Jones? Maybe. My mind isn't made up on him. But Barkley as a starter would worry me. I just don't have very much confidence in him. I see him as another Alex Smith. He could be decent, but I think USC's talent bails him out of a lot of things and makes him look better than he really is.

He could change my mind with an amazing year next season, but at this point I like Tannehill better. Or at least I think Tannehill's ceiling is much higher. I admit Barkley is probably a better QB right this second; T-Hill is gonna take some time to develop.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harbaugh can do some real damage with a guy like Tannehill. He's real raw, but has an undeniable skill set and the way he spins the ball really impresses me.

I don't know about trading up for him, though. He's not dropping out of the top-15, IMO.

Maybe the 49ers will get lucky and he'll drop like Rodgers did.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raw =/= project. Aside from Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford, and Matt Ryan, which QBs weren't raw? Tannehill is raw, so is RG3, so was Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, Andy Dalton, Josh Freeman, etc. But that doesn't mean they can't play early and it doesn't mean they're long term projects.

depends on your definition of raw

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones? Maybe. My mind isn't made up on him. But Barkley as a starter would worry me. I just don't have very much confidence in him. I see him as another Alex Smith. He could be decent, but I think USC's talent bails him out of a lot of things and makes him look better than he really is.

He could change my mind with an amazing year next season, but at this point I like Tannehill better. Or at least I think Tannehill's ceiling is much higher. I admit Barkley is probably a better QB right this second; T-Hill is gonna take some time to develop.

It's amazing how many WR screens Barkley threw to Woods last season. He has far better pocket present, arm strength, and and accuracy over Tannehill IMO.

As far as Jones is concerned, I've liked him since the season he took over for Bradford at Oklahoma. He can make all the NFL throws. I think people are vastly under estimating him.