• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tannehill?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
landry jones seems so blah to me when i watch him. doesn't seem to be anything close to bradford.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
landry jones seems so blah to me when i watch him. doesn't seem to be anything close to bradford.

He's their leading passer in school history. He only concern i have with him is the fact that he's had a fairly good offensive line in his career. He's going to have to avoid pressure far more in the NFL. I'm still confident he can do so. Bradford had a mile wide pocket when he played. Jones has more touch on his passes.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're obviously on different pages when it comes to the definition of raw when u bring up your list of qb's

I'm not surprised. Changing the meaning of words to fit your argument is one of your usual pretty tactics.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tannehil wasn't even a qb his whole 4 years....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's amazing how many WR screens Barkley threw to Woods last season. He has far better pocket present,

At this point? Yes.

arm strength,

No. No no no.
Uh-uh. No.

and and accuracy over Tannehill IMO.

Maybe at this point. But keep in mind Tannehill is still learning the position, and Barkley has been starting for 3 seasons.

As far as Jones is concerned, I've liked him since the season he took over for Bradford at Oklahoma. He can make all the NFL throws. I think people are vastly under estimating him.

I'll admit you may be right about that; my mind isn't made up about him. But if I had to decide right now I'd take Tannehill.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point? Yes.

No. No no no.
Uh-uh. No.

Just because he doesn't throw line drives like Bradford, that doesn't mean he doesn't have the arm strength. The guy can sling it when he needs to.

Maybe at this point. But keep in mind Tannehill is still learning the position, and Barkley has been starting for 3 seasons.

Which is why Barkley has improved from year to year. His progression from his freshmen to sophomore year was unbelievable. His pocket presence and footwork is leaps and bounds above all QB's left in college FB.

I understand Tannehill is still learning the QB position. I consider him a 2nd round pick at this point because he is a project. He may turn out to be a solid QB, then again he may not. He shown me the light at the end of the huddle yet. I wouldn't pick a guy who you're hoping to turn into a good NFL QB over 2 guys who have more experience, skill, appear to be NFL ready, and have the upside to be franchise QB's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tanehil is like sushi, raw, expensive (as a 1st/2nd rounder), and still not better than a good old deep fried halibut

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well now that Alex Smith is back looks like this aint happening. There goes my only hope of having a good QB for the next 3 years (and I'm not even sold Tannehill will be good; he at least has a chance of being so).

...this is unless Colin Kaepernick takes his job. In which case they'd probably cut him or trade him for a ham sandwhich. But I'm not convinced CK is any better than Alex.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that Alex Smith is back looks like this aint happening. There goes my only hope of having a good QB for the next 3 years (and I'm not even sold Tannehill will be good; he at least has a chance of being so).

...this is unless Colin Kaepernick takes his job. In which case they'd probably cut him or trade him for a ham sandwhich. But I'm not convinced CK is any better than Alex.

Neither am i. I hope i am wrong because he certainly has more upside than Smith does. We really won't be able to write off CK for the next couple of years at least because we know he is a project and he hasn't had the chance to prove himself yet.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have no right to trade Warty's ham sandwich.