• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tank for Jones / 2013 Draft Thread

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, but nobody really lasts long in hockey. going off the top of my head here i think vigneault, julien, babcock, torts, trotz, and bylsma are the only coaches that have been w/ their current team longer than lavy.. and some of those are just a year or two (torts, bylsma) longer

annd looking it up:

quenville
julien
babcock
mclellan
vigneault
trotz

are the only ones that were hired before 2009 (year lavy was hired)

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like the run and gun style hockey and i think if we can fix a few things we can be good at it again. I love the 6-5 games we play vs Pitt. With all the goals fights checks it makes for exciting hockey if i wanted to watch boring hockey i would just turn on the rags channel.

It's exciting but not usually the best once the playoffs roll around. I want whatever system will produce a Cup. The teams with good D seem to have the upper hand in that department. I'm not saying we have to play like the Devils but we can tighten things up quite a bit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like the run and gun style hockey and i think if we can fix a few things we can be good at it again. I love the 6-5 games we play vs Pitt. With all the goals fights checks it makes for exciting hockey if i wanted to watch boring hockey i would just turn on the rags channel.

i like it too, but i think its too much to fix.. they need at least 2 quality puck-moving dmen that can pinch as well.. timonen is the only one who can right now and that's just not enough.. its hard enough to get 1 puck mover, let alone 2

It's exciting but not usually the best once the playoffs roll around. I want whatever system will produce a Cup. The teams with good D seem to have the upper hand in that department. I'm not saying we have to play like the Devils but we can tighten things up quite a bit.

devils have opened up a lot under deboer.. the two most boring teams in the league right now are the lightning and the rangers..

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hahahah i want whatever it takes for a cup also and yes we certainly need to tighten things up as we saw what Bryz can do but would rather win Philly style it can be done Pitt did it a few years back.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahah i want whatever it takes for a cup also and yes we certainly need to tighten things up as we saw what Bryz can do but would rather win Philly style it can be done Pitt did it a few years back.

Pens played different back then with Therrien. They were a much more disciplined, responsible team imo.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting dmen is hard, and it takes time. if jones is available when the flyers draft, they should take him. but i don't think they should give up pieces to get him. adding another piece to the bare cupboard is critical, if you give up couturier to move up in the draft, you are net-even in terms of prospects, and the flyers cant afford to do that. IMO

Well, you have just started a 3-month battle up until the draft with me. :)

If we end up Top 5, worst case scenario* is that we take Lindholm or Barkov, which would be amazing. And, yay, our center depth will be God-like for the next 15 years. However, when we are that close to grabbing a 6'4, 18 year old, American :), potential future franchise defenseman, we can't pass that up. Draft Day is going to be the cheapest time we can ever get a player of that caliber, ever. I'm not saying trade Couturier, but I am certainly saying Holmgren has to bite the bullet.

*Assuming we dont trade down if we have a Top 5

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you have just started a 3-month battle up until the draft with me. :)

If we end up Top 5, worst case scenario* is that we take Lindholm or Barkov, which would be amazing. And, yay, our center depth will be God-like for the next 15 years. However, when we are that close to grabbing a 6'4, 18 year old, American :), potential future franchise defenseman, we can't pass that up. Draft Day is going to be the cheapest time we can ever get a player of that caliber, ever. I'm not saying trade Couturier, but I am certainly saying Holmgren has to bite the bullet.

*Assuming we dont trade down if we have a Top 5

agreed, but i still dont think it's wise to move schenn or couturier in an effort to move up if that's what you feel you need to do..

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed, but i still dont think it's wise to move schenn or couturier in an effort to move up if that's what you feel you need to do..

Trust me, I am against moving those guys.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh ya i know you are, the 'you' in that post was referring to the flyers brass

Alrighty, gotcha.

Frankly, I'm not worried about either of them being traded. What does worry me, however, is that fate of our 1st this year. Dear God, if it is traded...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we are again. let's keep this thread alive folks. Suck for Jones or smoke crack for McCrack or Kinnon. Lol

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones plz. K thx.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joining in the tanking hopes. The team won't go 14-4 (what they would need to reach 55 points), so every win we get is just hurting our draft position.

I don't know that I can actually root against them, but I'll certainly not be disappointed if they miss the playoffs.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joining in the tanking hopes. The team won't go 14-4 (what they would need to reach 55 points), so every win we get is just hurting our draft position.

I don't know that I can actually root against them, but I'll certainly not be disappointed if they miss the playoffs.

I'm with you. It would be hard to root against them. I wonder if any changes happen today?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we'll get a top 5 pick. With our luck they'll do bad enough to miss playoffs but good enough not to get a great pick.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! Good news is that most of the shitty teams won yesterday. Winnipeg, Buffalo, and Florida. We are slowly dropping each and everyday. Soon will be Seth Jones territory possibly?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! Good news is that most of the shitty teams won yesterday. Winnipeg, Buffalo, and Florida. We are slowly dropping each and everyday. Soon will be Seth Jones territory possibly?

This also means that all of the teams ahead of us lost which makes us one game closer to the playoffs. :yahoo: