• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tanaka to be posted

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets just opted out of Johan's contract this year. It could also be the Yankees realizing they're taking a gamble and if he winds up being a total bust they can bail on him.

You're confusing a team option and an opt-out clause. Team options are often tacked on at the end of contracts. An opt-out is purely an escape clause. The Mets had an option and declined it. They did not have an opt-out.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're confusing a team option and an opt-out clause. Team options are often tacked on at the end of contracts. An opt-out is purely an escape clause. The Mets had an option and declined it. They did not have an opt-out.

Ah, fair enough.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the figures, but they have to be close now...

they were at 170 mil before they signed him and still dont have a full roster

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Yankees have reached agreement with Masahiro Tanaka on a seven-year, $155 million contract.
The Yankees made no secret of the fact that they were going for Tanaka and they ultimately got their man. The deal includes an opt-out after four years, which would allow him to test free agency after his age-28 season. Despite never throwing a pitch in the majors, Tanaka managed to land the fifth-highest contract ever for a starting pitcher. The Yankees will still have to pay a $20 million posting fee to Tanaka's old team in Japan (the Rakuten Golden Eagles) and are now very unlikely to keep their payroll under $189 million for 2014, but their active offseason has sent a clear message to their fans and the other teams in the AL East.:suds:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I found out my team didn't sign him... he's gonna be a bust and that's way too much money! :lol: