• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tampa game

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Win is a win especially one to get into the playoffs. Teams are playing us so that Dak must beat them. Let’s see what happens. 80 percent completion is outstanding, but a ton of dink’s and dunks that I wished were not completed that I would trade for hitting some wide open receivers. There were some nice passes thrown yesterday including the two to Gallup. We played a horrendous defense, we got the W but the offense did not play great.
To me, all that's needed for Dak to make a huge jump in his game is to get a legit OC and a legit QB coach. Linehan and Kellen Moore? Let's be honest, that's a joke. Look at the difference Kris Richard has made for the defense. The things Dak struggles with...holding the ball to long(fixable). late on some reads(fixable) deep ball accuracy(fixable). Give him a couple of top offensive minds to learn from and this kid could be really good.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, all that's needed for Dak to make a huge jump in his game is to get a legit OC and a legit QB coach. Linehan and Kellen Moore? Let's be honest, that's a joke. Look at the difference Kris Richard has made for the defense. The things Dak struggles with...holding the ball to long(fixable). late on some reads(fixable) deep ball accuracy(fixable). Give him a couple of top offensive minds to learn from and this kid could be really good.
Agree. Only one problem. Why can't JG and JJ see it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, I've seen you rip Jeff Heath unmercifully, does that make you a non fan? Saying Dak needs to play better for this team to advance in the playoffs and to justify a $25 million contract is totally justified. I love this team, it's one of my favorite Cowboys teams of all time, in part because of how much heart they play with and a big part of that is Dak. QB's get held to a higher standard. Dak has a chance to be a franchise guy, show me one time that I said he doesn't. To be a $25 million player, he needs to get rid of the ball sooner to avoid sacks and also connect on the 2-3 wide open passes he misses per game. I'd bet if you asked Dak, he would say the exact same thing.

Go Cowboys!
But, None of that is even close to pertinent to what I'm saying. I'm talking about watching almost every guy on this team struggle. Watching 5 posts every time Dak messes up and not one of those people once mentioning when Dak does something right, which he obviously did to go 20-25 and even more so when he led his flawed team to win 5 out of 6 to win the division and not even one comment after we won the game and the division where people seemed happy that we did. And saying Dak played well for Dak is not saying he did well. Comparing him to Jeff Heath is silly and kind of proves what I'm trying to point out. Heath is not one of the best 50 safeties in the league. Go Cowboys and Merry Christmas Everyone

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I read Jerry said we aren't sitting the starters next week. Why is Jerry answering that question??? I hope we play our starters (other than Martin and Smith) for a good chunk of the game because I'm going and it will be my daughters first game, but I don't want to see any injuries that hurt us for the playoffs

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still torn on what I think Dak can be or what he is right now. He drives me crazy with his mental game sometimes and I don't think he is or will ever be a top QB. I don't mind criticism of him, what bothers me is people never acknowledging the positives and there have been many lately. He has played well lately and is one of the main reasons we are in the playoffs. 74% over the last 7 games is pretty impressive. Tons of clutch drives all year.

Watching Sea last night (I only saw the 4th Qtr) I was wondering if we can beat them if they play well. Our defense will need to play much better than it has the last 2 weeks. Indy and TB dominated our defense and the scores weren't worse because of some poor plays and honestly some luck. But we saw what they can do against NO and that proves we can beat any of these teams.

Meant to say won 6 out of 7 above

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, None of that is even close to pertinent to what I'm saying. I'm talking about watching almost every guy on this team struggle. Watching 5 posts every time Dak messes up and not one of those people once mentioning when Dak does something right, which he obviously did to go 20-25 and even more so when he led his flawed team to win 5 out of 6 to win the division and not even one comment after we won the game and the division where people seemed happy that we did. And saying Dak played well for Dak is not saying he did well. Comparing him to Jeff Heath is silly and kind of proves what I'm trying to point out. Heath is not one of the best 50 safeties in the league. Go Cowboys and Merry Christmas Everyone
No it's not, it's the same thing. Heath is a starter for the Cowboys, how is criticizing Dak grounds for being a ''non fan'' but ripping Heath a new ass is ok? And Heath is a Strong Safety, you start listing the SS's that are just as good or better than Heath and I will list the QB's just as good or better than Dak and we will be pretty damn close on numbers.
I like Dak. I root for the guy. I think he could become a stud(with better coaching). The criticism he is starting to get now goes with the territory of being a franchise QB and goes toward his next deal. If Dak takes $18 million, that's great. But if you make him into something he is not right now, and give him $30 million a year, our team is gonna be fucked, plain and simple.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still torn on what I think Dak can be or what he is right now. He drives me crazy with his mental game sometimes and I don't think he is or will ever be a top QB. I don't mind criticism of him, what bothers me is people never acknowledging the positives and there have been many lately. He has played well lately and is one of the main reasons we are in the playoffs. 74% over the last 7 games is pretty impressive. Tons of clutch drives all year.

Watching Sea last night (I only saw the 4th Qtr) I was wondering if we can beat them if they play well. Our defense will need to play much better than it has the last 2 weeks. Indy and TB dominated our defense and the scores weren't worse because of some poor plays and honestly some luck. But we saw what they can do against NO and that proves we can beat any of these teams.

Meant to say won 6 out of 7 above
My problem isn't really with you, it's with the guys on here that act as though giving Dak $28-30 million is fine because it is the ''market value''. Every team we play, their defense says the same thing post game...we wanted to make Dak beat us. Dak has played MUCH better since the arrival of Amari Cooper, no doubt. My only thing with Dak is this...he needs to have the best personnel around him to be successful. Because of that, he has to be signed to a contract in the $18-22 million range, to keep that talent around him.
I think Dallas will beat Seattle in a close game. I think we have the better team. Now...if this team were QB's by Wilson and the Seahawks were led by Dak, would it be close? No Shot.
Every team that has given a QB who is not an MVP candidate a huge deal has regretted it, almost instantly. Hopefully, Dak will see realize that keeping all the great young talent the Cowboys have assembled is worth taking a home town discount

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not, it's the same thing. Heath is a starter for the Cowboys, how is criticizing Dak grounds for being a ''non fan'' but ripping Heath a new ass is ok? And Heath is a Strong Safety, you start listing the SS's that are just as good or better than Heath and I will list the QB's just as good or better than Dak and we will be pretty damn close on numbers.
I like Dak. I root for the guy. I think he could become a stud(with better coaching). The criticism he is starting to get now goes with the territory of being a franchise QB and goes toward his next deal. If Dak takes $18 million, that's great. But if you make him into something he is not right now, and give him $30 million a year, our team is gonna be fucked, plain and simple.
Come on, if you watch Heath in coverage he is still lost and he's been a FS for this team more than a SS and we are one of the teams where there isn't much of a difference between the two. Playing better than he was a couple of years ago, but still hasn't located the ball fast enough to give deep help to his corners all year and seems to lose guys in his zone more than he stays with them. And yet with all of that I totally give him credit when he makes a good play like he has tackling wise in the red zone a few times this year. It's not even close to the same situation.

On Dak, we aren't talking about a future contract and giving him $30 two years from now at this point. We are talking about each weeks game and nothing else; at least I am. Nothing more than one Sunday at a time. I don't worry about 2020 and what we will or won't do then while we are in the middle of a playoff run. We may draft a QB next year and I'd be fine with that, but right now he has played well enough to get his team in the playoffs and he is one of the big reasons why we have won games even with his mistakes. The future is for the offseason.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I read Jerry said we aren't sitting the starters next week. Why is Jerry answering that question??? I hope we play our starters (other than Martin and Smith) for a good chunk of the game because I'm going and it will be my daughters first game, but I don't want to see any injuries that hurt us for the playoffs

Awesome man. The Giants are playing pretty well right now, despite the loss yesterday. They may treat it as their Super Bowl, who knows. You and your family have a great time regardless.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, if you watch Heath in coverage he is still lost and he's been a FS for this team more than a SS and we are one of the teams where there isn't much of a difference between the two. Playing better than he was a couple of years ago, but still hasn't located the ball fast enough to give deep help to his corners all year and seems to lose guys in his zone more than he stays with them. And yet with all of that I totally give him credit when he makes a good play like he has tackling wise in the red zone a few times this year. It's not even close to the same situation.

On Dak, we aren't talking about a future contract and giving him $30 two years from now at this point. We are talking about each weeks game and nothing else; at least I am. Nothing more than one Sunday at a time. I don't worry about 2020 and what we will or won't do then while we are in the middle of a playoff run. We may draft a QB next year and I'd be fine with that, but right now he has played well enough to get his team in the playoffs and he is one of the big reasons why we have won games even with his mistakes. The future is for the offseason.
I respect that. If the Cowboys are smart, they will let Dak play the last season of his rookie deal and then give him whatever he has earned. My biggest worry is Jerry. He always starts running his mouth when this team has any success, heard him the other day comparing this team to the 90's teams:L
I have no idea why Jerry is babbling about Dak being a franchise QB that will for sure get extended and that he wouldn't trade him for two #1 picks. Even if that's what you believed, there is no reason whatsoever to say that in the media. It would be like saying DLaw is every bit as good as Khalil Mack. DLaw's agent would say thank you very much, that'll be 5 years and $100 million. So when the Cowboys go to Dak and ask him to take $21 million a year, his agent is going to say, ''but Jerry, you said Dak is a franchise QB...that'll be 7 years and $210 million, thank you very much.''

Side note...IMO, Heath has grown quite a bit and has really grown on me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect that. If the Cowboys are smart, they will let Dak play the last season of his rookie deal and then give him whatever he has earned. My biggest worry is Jerry. He always starts running his mouth when this team has any success, heard him the other day comparing this team to the 90's teams:L
I have no idea why Jerry is babbling about Dak being a franchise QB that will for sure get extended and that he wouldn't trade him for two #1 picks. Even if that's what you believed, there is no reason whatsoever to say that in the media. It would be like saying DLaw is every bit as good as Khalil Mack. DLaw's agent would say thank you very much, that'll be 5 years and $100 million. So when the Cowboys go to Dak and ask him to take $21 million a year, his agent is going to say, ''but Jerry, you said Dak is a franchise QB...that'll be 7 years and $210 million, thank you very much.''

Exactly. But i guess we know to expect that from him at this point. He just cant shut uo

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much every advanced metric suggests that the Cowboys actually give it to Zeke way too much and they should be passing far more than they are.

Let me preface this by saying I did not see this game yet. I only got texts from dad as the game went on and lots of the criticisms in this thread were the same as from the old man. One thing that is driving him nutz is the run on first down. They do not change this up much at all and the D knows it. The creativity on O is just horrible. Watching Andy Reed play call the other night and then watching ours is like night and day.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Heath- he has been rather quiet lately, which is odd because our defense hasn’t been great the past two weeks.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Heath- he has been rather quiet lately, which is odd because our defense hasn’t been great the past two weeks.
Heath nearly had an interception vs Tampa. We have had worse safeties than him. Just an average player

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude... don’t make your daughter a social outcast and hated at school. Buy her Giants gear and teach her to represent the home team ALWAYS!
:) :) :)

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have picked Swearinger IMO

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jerry thinks this team as good as 90s? I dont think so,especially on offense. We are seeing teams still using 8 man fronts to stop zeke. Given this common sense says you go deep often,but we are still throwing short passes. IMO Amari and gallup are the best WR tandem we have had since TO and Terry Glenn. Romo put up huge numbers the short time he had those two guys. Dak only threw like 4 or 5 balls to Amari vs tampa and I find this unacceptable. I just dont like our chances of beating the Seahawks because the Seahawks are dangerous and I think the refs are going to hose us big time just like they did during the last two playoff games. and if the cowboys lose then I hope garrett is given pink slip.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry thinks this team as good as 90s? I dont think so,especially on offense. We are seeing teams still using 8 man fronts to stop zeke. Given this common sense says you go deep often,but we are still throwing short passes. IMO Amari and gallup are the best WR tandem we have had since TO and Terry Glenn. Romo put up huge numbers the short time he had those two guys. Dak only threw like 4 or 5 balls to Amari vs tampa and I find this unacceptable. I just dont like our chances of beating the Seahawks because the Seahawks are dangerous and I think the refs are going to hose us big time just like they did during the last two playoff games. and if the cowboys lose then I hope garrett is given pink slip.

I hate to say it, but Jason is coming back next year no matter what. The team is in the playoffs. That is enough for Jerry. Not for most fans like us.