• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tampa game

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense was not real good but we won anyway
In the end a win is all that matters
Defense was really good if the offense would just come alive
But it is what it is
Go Cowboys
Yes Sir! A win is a win and a division championship is just that.

Always a good day when you make the playoffs with a home game.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 rushes and 26 passes today I think. I didn't look it up but we run more than most teams in the league don't we?

I know the bottom line looks as though it was balanced, but midway through the fourth quarter, it wasn't balanced at all.

With 7:28 left in the game Zeke had only 11 carries and was averaging right at 5 yards per carry. I would be fine with that if we were way behind and needed to play catch up. We weren't, though. It was a close game until that last TD we scored. Zeke went from 11 carries to 17 just on that drive - IOW, he got one third of his carries on a single drive that lasted around 3 minutes late in the game. Our TOP was horrible, and that is because we weren't trying to dominate possession of the football.

I don't know how we stack up to the rest of the league in terms of run/pass balance. Honestly, I don't really care. The only thing I care about is winning football games. We won today, so I'm happy about that. What is frustrating is that this coaching staff continues to have poor game planning/play calling. With that kind of approach to the game we are not going past the first round of the playoffs.

Hopefully, JG is just trying to conceal his playoff game plan. History, however, tells me it was on the field today.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about everyone else getting a pass, but Dak didn't play well. He played about like he normally does, he made some nice plays and he missed 5-6 plays. He is inconsistent but he still has time to develop into a real good player. At this point, he is an average NFL QB, if that's bashing, it is also the truth
Dak played well the little time the Cowboys had it. I don’t see how you can say he didn’t. Zeke touched the ball 23 times today. Only five of those plays was successful. The way the Cowboys use Zeke is killing the offense every single week, but when the smoke clears, somehow Dak is always the most critcized by the fa n base.even in a game where Zeke had a fumble, a drop, and was overall pretty useless, but nobody would dare ever say anything negative about Zeke.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the bottom line looks as though it was balanced, but midway through the fourth quarter, it wasn't balanced at all.

With 7:28 left in the game Zeke had only 11 carries and was averaging right at 5 yards per carry. I would be fine with that if we were way behind and needed to play catch up. We weren't, though. It was a close game until that last TD we scored. Zeke went from 11 carries to 17 just on that drive - IOW, he got one third of his carries on a single drive that lasted around 3 minutes late in the game. Our TOP was horrible, and that is because we weren't trying to dominate possession of the football.

I don't know how we stack up to the rest of the league in terms of run/pass balance. Honestly, I don't really care. The only thing I care about is winning football games. We won today, so I'm happy about that. What is frustrating is that this coaching staff continues to have poor game planning/play calling. With that kind of approach to the game we are not going past the first round of the playoffs.

Hopefully, JG is just trying to conceal his playoff game plan. History, however, tells me it was on the field today.
Pretty much every advanced metric suggests that the Cowboys actually give it to Zeke way too much and they should be passing far more than they are.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense played well. They gave up 20, but the Bucs had the #1 rated pass offense in the NFL. The D also scored a TD and set the offense up inside the 5, so basically they gave up 20 and scored 14
The defense did not play all that well IMO. Winston made some real poor decisions in big spots and we got two HUGE turnovers that helped big time. But Tampa drove the field on us most of the game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But we didn't have a ton of plays run either. We did pass some on those late drives too.

I don't think we concealed anything because this was an "all in" game. I didn't have a problem with the play calling for the most part. It's just inside the red zone that I want to poke my eyes out watching how we call the game:gaah:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You "fans" know that we won and made the playoffs? That isn't worth commenting on, but if Dak sneezes wrong it gets 5 posts:noidea:

20-25 and 2 TDs

How Bout them Cowboys and our QB who got us in the playoffs even with all that went wrong this year!!!
Bro, I've seen you rip Jeff Heath unmercifully, does that make you a non fan? Saying Dak needs to play better for this team to advance in the playoffs and to justify a $25 million contract is totally justified. I love this team, it's one of my favorite Cowboys teams of all time, in part because of how much heart they play with and a big part of that is Dak. QB's get held to a higher standard. Dak has a chance to be a franchise guy, show me one time that I said he doesn't. To be a $25 million player, he needs to get rid of the ball sooner to avoid sacks and also connect on the 2-3 wide open passes he misses per game. I'd bet if you asked Dak, he would say the exact same thing.

Go Cowboys!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just happy to be in the playoffs!!!. You got to get in it to win it!!! Thanks Cowboys!!! All I need now is for the Superbowl Champs, I mean Chumps to stay home.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak played well the little time the Cowboys had it. I don’t see how you can say he didn’t. Zeke touched the ball 23 times today. Only five of those plays was successful. The way the Cowboys use Zeke is killing the offense every single week, but when the smoke clears, somehow Dak is always the most critcized by the fa n base.even in a game where Zeke had a fumble, a drop, and was overall pretty useless, but nobody would dare ever say anything negative about Zeke.

Zeke is a freaking beast.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Sir! A win is a win and a division championship is just that.

Always a good day when you make the playoffs with a home game.
Yes. Cowboys have g

I know that dak likes to spread the ball around,but we had Amari covered one on one and barely targeted him. Big mistake.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MRI reveals no serious damage to Crawford. Great news.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much every advanced metric suggests that the Cowboys actually give it to Zeke way too much and they should be passing far more than they are.

Can you list those advanced metrics that suggest Zeke gets the ball way too much?

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we didn't have a ton of plays run either. We did pass some on those late drives too.

I don't think we concealed anything because this was an "all in" game. I didn't have a problem with the play calling for the most part. It's just inside the red zone that I want to poke my eyes out watching how we call the game:gaah:

As I stated in my initial post on this thread, I wasn't able to watch this game. All I could do was look at the scores and the play by plays on the internet, so I didn't actually see how the game unfolded.

However, when I looked at the run to pass comparison mid-way through the fourth quarter and saw that with 7:28 left in the 4th quarter Zeke had 11 carries and Dak had 25 pass attempts that tells me two things: 1) we weren't a balanced offense; 2) we weren't winning TOP.

Looking at the full play by play now, I can see that part of the problem is that Tampa had a few time consuming drives, especially in the first half, which means we weren't going to have as many opportunities.

I guess my point is that we did still have opportunities because Dak still had his PAs. By the end of the game, the totals were closer to balanced, because we were then trying to consume as much of clock as possible.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats on the division championship, folks. give 'em hell in january

tenor.gif

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A Win is a win especially one to get into the playoffs. Teams are playing us so that Dak must beat them. Let’s see what happens. 80 percent completion is outstanding, but a ton of dink’s and dunks that I wished were not completed that I would trade for hitting some wide open receivers. There were some nice passes thrown yesterday including the two to Gallup. We played a horrendous defense, we got the W but the offense did not play great.