• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T Smith's Option

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like a solid opinion. I understand the BPA thought process, I just have a hard time thinking a solid NFL defensive can't be had at 16.

It's not as much fun if we all joined hands and agreed on all things cowboys.

I think there will be at least a half a dozen good choices on board when we pick and certainly a few of those will be on the defensive side of the ball. That's one of the reasons I don't mind passing on a Lewan even if he is there. For all I know the team thinks he sucks or is worried about his off the field issues, so I really just use him as an example. I think for me it comes down to worrying about this team making an impulsive move that we all scratch our heads over again. I think you have to land an impact player at #16 and I just worry that if they cut down on their options by only focusing on a few positions it increases the chances for a bad move. At the same time I have to admit that most (not all of course) of our early picks lately have worked out well (other than injury) so maybe I shouldn't be assuming something crazy. There are just so many guys in this draft that look like they are both safe and solid that I worry we zero in on DL and two or three guys go in a row right before we pick and we go DL anyway because we already made up our mind the day before that we should do it expecting those top guys to still be around.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wanting Dix for a long time now... Well, maybe I should reword that, LOL.

Dix/Crichton would make me a real happy camper.

LOL...I knew it!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There are just so many guys in this draft that look like they are both safe and solid that I worry we zero in on DL and two or three guys go in a row right before we pick and we go DL anyway because we already made up our mind the day before that we should do it expecting those top guys to still be around. "

That's a valid concern with Jerry in the room....always will be, but I think this year is different because of the talent pool and why I said I'd take Ryan Shazier or even Darqueze Dennard before I would a right tackle.