• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T Smith's Option

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Leary will be a FA after this year. His 2014 salary is only $500K. I sign his ass immediately. Unlike hte other guys he shouldn't really break the bank and I think he is a very important piece of this team. We have him and MB as Guards right now and I'm not sold on MB even htough he played a lot better once Waters went down (Maybe just better players around him?). With only one real year under his belt how much will he get? Even if we draft a Guard early I would think (and hope) that Leary is still in the plans going forward.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree....win/win

after the 2015 season Smith will be 25 years old.

BOY, is he going to make a lot of money and IMO, the most important piece that can't get away.
Who knows....15 to 18M per sure seems likely down the road

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree....win/win

after the 2015 season Smith will be 25 years old.

BOY, is he going to make a lot of money and IMO, the most important piece that can't get away.
Who knows....15 to 18M per sure seems likely down the road

I think we forget sometimes how young he still is.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we forget sometimes how young he still is.

Even if Jerry denies "rebuild" mode until Romo is gone, Smith will still be in his prime, and a perfect piece to build/rebuild around.

Gotta love Smith.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think smith will only get better. Locking him up long term allows the cowboys to gradually make the ol better. I like leary and then there frederick. Nice foundation going forward

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also very interested in seeing more of Parnell and Weems (spelling?). At this time last year it looked like Parnell may win the job and then he got hurt and outplayed by Free. Weems, I read someone say months back could be similar to Leary and just a year or so later. But, unlike Leary I've never seen or heard much about Weems to make a decision on one way or the other. One problem with taking a guy like Lewan if he drops is that you likely road block Parnell and Weems forever.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also very interested in seeing more of Parnell and Weems (spelling?). At this time last year it looked like Parnell may win the job and then he got hurt and outplayed by Free. Weems, I read someone say months back could be similar to Leary and just a year or so later. But, unlike Leary I've never seen or heard much about Weems to make a decision on one way or the other. One problem with taking a guy like Lewan if he drops is that you likely road block Parnell and Weems forever.

True about Lewan but you take the known over the unknown everyday

Not saying its always right but Potential and the Cowboys have not worked out so well over the years

JMHO

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still think the objective will be defense for the first two selections and hope like hell it's the first 4

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still think the objective will be defense for the first two selections and hope like hell it's the first 4

I think in a perfect World it would be at least 3 out of the first 4, but I also thought 4 QBs would go before we picked. Who knows now. Will be interesting to see who is there at #16. My guess is we will have our choice of 5 or 6 guys that look like great picks. Weird how the draft is still a month and a half away.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D/L S, LB and in some degree CB all seem much more in need than OT, WR or even QB to me.

Nate and I agree on one thing.....You could do a lot worse than Ryan Shazier. I think Shazier will become a better pro than both Mack or Barr

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D/L S, LB and in some degree CB all seem much more in need than OT, WR or even QB to me.

Nate and I agree on one thing.....You could do a lot worse than Ryan Shazier. I think Shazier will become a better pro than both Mack or Barr

I agree the defense you mention is more of a need over OL but you have to consider OL if the value is too great.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the defense you mention is more of a need over OL but you have to consider OL if the value is too great.

While I agree in principle, I don't think this team at 16 should do that. I rather see a LB like reach for a Shazier over a Lewan if it came down to that kinda choice. I think a guy like Kony Early will be there at 16 and I still love Scott Crichton in round 2 if he went safety or LB in round one. I see more value for this Cowboy team at 16 taking Darqueze Dennard a corner than I do an OT like Lewan.

That's just me, I don't value the top 50 names in chronological order set by the opinions of the kipper types. Give me the player that loves football with a high end motor and strong desire to excel.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree in principle, I don't think this team at 16 should do that. I rather see a LB like reach for a Shazier over a Lewan if it came down to that kinda choice. I think a guy like Kony Early will be there at 16 and I still love Scott Crichton in round 2 if he went safety or LB in round one. I see more value for this Cowboy team at 16 taking Darqueze Dennard a corner than I do an OT like Lewan.

That's just me, I don't value the top 50 names in chronological order set by the opinions of the kipper types. Give me the player that loves football with a high end motor and strong desire to excel.

I won't disagree with you because I can see how it makes sense, with the shape our D is in. I doubt you'll find to many upset if Ealy is our pick at 16.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't disagree with you because I can see how it makes sense, with the shape our D is in. I doubt you'll find to many upset if Ealy is our pick at 16.

I could be wrong. I was about Bobby Carpenter after he was given opportunities.

If it's my draft, I still take Dix or Pryor, at 16 follow that with Crichton in round two.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I disagree is Lewan versus any of those guys you mentioned. Obviously From my comments the last few weeks i am real high on him and think he is a top 5 type talent. So I'd take him over all of those guys and think he helps us all more than them over the next 10 years and even in year one. But in theory...nameless, faceless, player I agree. Defense over offense and DL and FS over all else. I have no problem if we pass on Lewan if he is there if we like a player better. I just don't think we're in a position to force a position of need with this team. I'm not sure we make the playoffs regardless of who we pick, so I am looking long term with a slant towards year one starter and impact player. No CB for me in the first round unless the scouts absolutely love the guy...

Seems the guy we agree with on the most is Crichton. Him in the 2nd round would make my draft at this point. He and a couple of guys like him are why I am OK with passing on DEfense in round one. There are just so many good players that will be there in rounds 2 and 3 that I'm not that focused on the position of our first rounder. And Dix is still my first rounder if it falls the way I think it will, unless he is gone also...so your two round scenario of Dix/Crichton would be as good as any likely scenario I could think of.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like a solid opinion. I understand the BPA thought process, I just have a hard time thinking a solid NFL defensive can't be had at 16.

It's not as much fun if we all joined hands and agreed on all things cowboys.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wanting Dix for a long time now... Well, maybe I should reword that, LOL.

Dix/Crichton would make me a real happy camper.