• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T.J. Ward Defensive player of the week

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this like 3 out of 4 weeks?

Ware, Talib, Ward..

1 D player of month.

Well deserved Ward. He played a great game on Sunday!

2 sacks, the big strip... Set the tone for the D and finished off the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shows to me the talent that this defense has to have 3 players now earn awards in the first 4 weeks. Kind of like the stat that we have 18 sacks but they have come from 11 different players on the defense. I mean that is unheard of. Then when you throw in that our best player on defense is still not one of these three with Von Miller still being that top guy that can dominate I am just ready to see him completely take over a game.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just shows to me the talent that this defense has to have 3 players now earn awards in the first 4 weeks. Kind of like the stat that we have 18 sacks but they have come from 11 different players on the defense. I mean that is unheard of. Then when you throw in that our best player on defense is still not one of these three with Von Miller still being that top guy that can dominate I am just ready to see him completely take over a game.

Have to think that is forthcoming. Hopefully, at the most opportune time.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Out House week one to the penthouse week 4 NFL is a crazy train for sure

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When handing out that award, obviously no one looked at the tape of Peterson's 48 yard TD run when TJ was sucked in and was caught totally out of position. ;)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think that is forthcoming. Hopefully, at the most opportune time.
I don't know, with all the double teams Miller and Ware are getting I think even better news would be some of the interior lineman getting DP of the week. That would certainly bode well with me. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When handing out that award, obviously no one looked at the tape of Peterson's 48 yard TD run when TJ was sucked in and was caught totally out of position. ;)
That's not nice SS.:). I even said to my daughter right before play.." they better watch out for the quick hitter with that D alignment cause if a rbc breaks thru first wave,it's clear sailing. Your right Ward bit but in those situations one mistake can cost ya. Bet next time Ward or whoever will be in " protect " mode. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I put that play more on Brandon Marshall. He guessed the wrong hole and I think he even said that the hole that AP ran through was his assignment and he just tried to do more than what his job was on the play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, with all the double teams Miller and Ware are getting I think even better news would be some of the interior lineman getting DP of the week. That would certainly bode well with me. :)

It would be nice but honestly they have been doing an outstanding job especially Sly Williams in my opinion. He is showing some major pass rush ability that we have never seen from him before. He has something like 2 sacks already and a decent number of QB Hits and Hurries. I'm interested to see how the return of Wolfe changes the rotation and what they do now with this new weapon.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice but honestly they have been doing an outstanding job especially Sly Williams in my opinion. He is showing some major pass rush ability that we have never seen from him before. He has something like 2 sacks already and a decent number of QB Hits and Hurries. I'm interested to see how the return of Wolfe changes the rotation and what they do now with this new weapon.
Oh I agree completely on that. Those guys have done the job so far from interior than I believe I've ever seen. Adding Wolfe to the mix is only going to add to that. When Aunike starts getting reps also, Yikes!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put that play more on Brandon Marshall. He guessed the wrong hole and I think he even said that the hole that AP ran through was his assignment and he just tried to do more than what his job was on the play.

Agree- As much as I hate to admit it. I would place more blame on Marshall.

It was really a team blame. You can't blame just one player (Ward or Marshall) for a guy going untouched 48 yards... It wasn't just one guy.

Ward was great for us.. He's been terrific since we signed him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree- As much as I hate to admit it. I would place more blame on Marshall.

It was really a team blame. You can't blame just one player (Ward or Marshall) for a guy going untouched 48 yards... It wasn't just one guy.

Ward was great for us.. He's been terrific since we signed him.

It is true really the defense as a whole has to be blamed. I did like that Marshall took it on himself as one of the leaders of the defense that he messed up. He definitely doesn't deserve it all as the DL got very little push on that play, safeties were out of position, and then of course Marshall trying to guess the right hole and just trying to do more than his job. A lot went wrong on that play. Thankfully that rarely happens with this defense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, we won the game and if it makes our defense better in the future then it was nice to have it happen now. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congratulations to TJ - another guy JDR - decided to use badly.