• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl XLV Champions!

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on the Packers draft so far, do you believe they are filling there needs?

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on the Packers draft so far, do you believe they are filling there needs?
In some respects.
They needed a Tackle for near future. the 2 great ones they have [both started same year as rookies], are getting near the end.
Definitely needed a return man. Plus J Jones wants to be a starter, but he'll never be more than #3 in GB [he probably moves on this year].
Running back - is a need - hopefully Green can be something.
Tight End? Not really a need.
CB - definitely. Wood will likely soon be moved to safety [LOVE that guy!].
OG - Needed - Colledge probably moving on [he's good - not great]
LB - always need more in 3-4.

So far = feel good about the draft.
[a few weird late round trades - even up picks for picks - ???]

Through 6 rounds = solid "B" grade
[not really sure you can expect more - are there any true "A" grades? No one has played in the NFL yet]

Last edited by a moderator:

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like TT must have spent most of the afternoon flipping quarters ["Trade even up? {flip coin} Heads! Sure we'll trade. What the heck?"], or throwing darts at the board ["Tight End? Well, that's where the dart landed, so we gotta take him."].

What do you think F D? You are the dart expert.

Still, I am excited about the Packers picks.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D T to finish out the draft.

Overall - draft looks good. I've learned to wait & give TTs picks a chance. Sometimes he makes a mistake, but more often than not he gets good ones.

Flying_Darts

Greenhorn Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tk.......I read your post and honestly, I'm laughing and I'm laughing in a "Good Way"!

Because, that is an excellent analogy of how it seemed to go towards the end. I have to say. Once again TT or "Mr. Stone Face", has shown what his chemistry is made of.

I think this "cat" goes home at night reads NFL rags until he falls asleep (almost creepy)!

:csb:

Just saying!

Flying_Darts

Greenhorn Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In other words this household is feeling good about thee Packs Picks. In fact I am somewhat concerned about! What the hell we gonna do when our 13 players (and might I say awesome players) come back from the injured reserve?????

Woooooooooo-Hoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Let's do it Girls! He-He-He!

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darts -

Agreed. Any of my "complaints" are really minor. I think Packer fans can feel good about the weekend as a whole. For sure, GB did not "overreach" on picks, or give up way too much to get them, as some teams certainly did.

I was thinking about the trades which really didn't do anything, and maybe it was a gesture of goodwill. Yes, it's business, but if there was no one TT felt he had to have, why not make a trade. Maybe in the future he'll really want someone, and these teams may be reasonable as well. [just an opinion, not fact]

As for the Tight Ends - after Finley [hope he fully recovers], there really isn't anyone of note on the squad [Havner is a "Rudy" type guy I like, but he and Crabtree & Quarless are a big drop-off from 88]

In the end, I really liked what GB did for the future of the team. Great draft! [on paper, at least]

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, when this team gets healthy, they won't know what to do with all the talent!
Maybe that will lend itself to more draft picks in the future.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely feel good about the draft. I actually don't really like DJ Williams, but I wouldn't be surprised if he surprises, know what I mean?

James Jones....never was sure how I felt about him. He drops the ball too damn much, and I just can't get over that.

The first 3 picks seem like a perfect fit with the rest of the team, personality wise.

I like TT giving this Ricky Elmore kid a chance to convert to a rushing OLB.

I'm worried about Finley, so I guess it makes sense to get Williams. He may not be huge, but he's got great hands and Rodgers can thread a needle the size of an amoeba, so he'll be productive if he's needed. Even though I'm not sure I like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene was a great choice for linebackers coach. Always loved his "heart" even when he was playing for the opponent.

Flying_Darts

Greenhorn Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't have time , but just wanted to say . You guys are exactly right about Greene!
He' was one of "probably the biggest things the Pack has done on Defense in the Past, what? 3? 4? years, since Capers!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doh. Missed ya by two minutes. Don't squeeze it off early.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man! How's it going tk? Brewers had a bad day.

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I was gone.

Brewers - bad day - again?
Well, it's a long season [or is that a Looooong season?]

I still like them - don't think I'll make it to a game this year.
[last year went with a big group with tickets in the GEHL box - that was sweet!}