• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl or Bust for the Rams OBJ Edition

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not doubting that for a second, he just didn't fit in with the system and the QB but he was more of the problem not running routes correctly. He needs to do that to have some sort of impact. He needed another fresh start. This is nothing compared to the Ramsey or Stafford move but it's something.
While it is something, this particular year in the NFL is when defenses are catching up to pass offenses. Rams might be fixing the wrong problem after coming off a game where Stafford had 2 ints and was sacked 5 times.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is something, this particular year in the NFL is when defenses are catching up to pass offenses. Rams might be fixing the wrong problem after coming off a game where Stafford had 2 ints and was sacked 5 times.
This ^^^

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are blind, dude. Why do you think the Giants traded him and the Browns straight-up released him? Because he is a good player and a great locker room guy?

That's not to say he won't do some good things for the Rams, but to sit there and act like they just landed D-hop or D-Adams is beyond kooky.
Doing good things is shining. Catching what is thrown to him. He has good hands no? Getting open. Do you think OBJ can't get open ? Catch TD's. You think he won't catch TD'S ? That is shining my friend. That is my prediction what he'll do. I never said he'll be breaking records or anything close to that. You're just mad.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrading at center will help with some of that. People think McVay is gonna to let that continue to be a problem.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrading at center will help with some of that. People think McVay is gonna to let that continue to be a problem.
Maybe. It's a copycat league, though, and teams saw what the Rams defense did last year and what the Bucs did to the Chiefs and what the Patriots did to the Rams in the SB. We just saw the Jaguars shut down the Bills. The pendulum might be swinging towards skill and reliability and away from pure speed.

Or not. NFL is hard to predict outside of tom Brady

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing good things is shining. Catching what is thrown to him. He has good hands no? Getting open. Do you think OBJ can't get open ? Catch TD's. You think he won't catch TD'S ? That is shining my friend. That is my prediction what he'll do. I never said he'll be breaking records or anything close to that. You're just mad.
Just so we're clear, Here was my post just after he was released. Now, do you think I am just mad?
I hope the Rams pick him up. He is a hot mess
To answer your questions above... He has average hands at best. He can make some circus catches, but he drops a lot of easy passes. When the Cards played the Browns earlier this year, he dropped a sure first down that pretty much ended the Browns chances. He is average at getting open as well. His catch-to-target ratio is not good at all. Can he catch TD's? None this year and only 3 last year.

What you are failing to understand is that when things don't go his way, issues follow. Who are you going to take touches away from to make OBJ happy? Kupp? Woods?

Again, he may do some good things for the Rams, but you gotta pump the breaks with all the hype. It's gross.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts will most likely be a winning team, eventually Seattle too.

1999 Rams didn’t beat too many winning teams in the regular season and got smoked by the Titans that year
actually we lost my 3 that game.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually we lost my 3 that game.
We did, kind of similar game. They were up 21-0 at half, both games we made some what of a comeback and both Titans didn't do a lot in the sdcond half.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really bc there is no comparison. It isn't just about OBJ being a diva, it's about production and injuries.

Jalen was a top CB before LA acquired him and still is...OBJ is always injured and his production was not matching his salary. If you are expecting him to have a Jalen Ramsey type of impact...I don't know what to tell you. Worth the risk? Sure. You give up 1st's for Jalen. OBJ you sign after nobody wants him.

I actually loved the Jalen trade, I did see lots of people hating on that Jalen trade but mainly rivals.
OBJ could definitely workout if he wins and he'll probably have his WOW moments but he isn't half the player Ramsey is.

My response to the Ramsey trade:

Where did anyone say OBJ is going to have an instant impact on the Rams? You’re reaching again. I said this thread reminds me of when we got Jalen. “Oh he’s such a diva”. “He’s a cancer on the sidelines”. Lol and lol again

You are way more a diva than OBJ. OBJ didn’t work in Cleveland. It’s happened to many people over the years there. Baker isn’t all that either the dude is a solid game manager with a running game and defense. That’s all

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we're clear, Here was my post just after he was released. Now, do you think I am just mad?

To answer your questions above... He has average hands at best. He can make some circus catches, but he drops a lot of easy passes. When the Cards played the Browns earlier this year, he dropped a sure first down that pretty much ended the Browns chances. He is average at getting open as well. His catch-to-target ratio is not good at all. Can he catch TD's? None this year and only 3 last year.

What you are failing to understand is that when things don't go his way, issues follow. Who are you going to take touches away from to make OBJ happy? Kupp? Woods?

Again, he may do some good things for the Rams, but you gotta pump the breaks with all the hype. It's gross.
Again OBJ had a bad QB throwing to him. Also Beckham wasn't happy being on a bad Browns team that had no chance to win with a scrub like Mayfield. Now OBJ knows he has a chance at going to a SB. He'll get back to being very good. He can be a slot he can run routes and go deep. You'll see when a good QB is at the helm and OBJ has something to go for A SB.