• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One observation here. The Chiefs need to get a new center. In both the Ravens game and tonite's as well, on more than half of the snaps from shotgun, Mahomes almost had to pick them off the ground.
He would be the highest paid center immediately if he hit FA today. The low snaps thing is warping reality here with his blocking ability which has been right there with Jason Kelce since his rookie year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One observation here. The Chiefs need to get a new center. In both the Ravens game and tonite's as well, on more than half of the snaps from shotgun, Mahomes almost had to pick them off the ground.
I'm wondering if Thuney being out messed with Creed a bit. He is a solid center but there have been a lot of low snaps

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you noticed that too, huh...?

Actually Creed Humphrey was a very good draft pick for us and an outstanding blocker. But yes, I noticed the low snaps too...

Any of those coulda been a disaster...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may be right.

I've watched the entire careers of Montana, Marino, Elway, and Brady.

He is the most talented, and he his a sure fire winner that wins games when they need to be won more than any I've seen.

He has massive arm strength, but also touch pass ability, and his arm levels of delivering a football are a never seen before talent at this level. He can throw into tight windows, and can extend the field. He is the complete and total package.
And you haven't even mentioned his ability to run which Brady, Marino, Montana did not have. Mahomes is the best to ever play. He may not end up with 7 Super Bowls like Brady but those are team accomplishments

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Kyle?

I blamed Kyle in previous playoff losses, but I think blaming him is wrong here. He went for it on 4th down in the fourth quarter, which he never would've done in the past. Pro sports is mostly luck and you also have to give credit to the Chiefs for playing great. Chris Jones should've been the MVP.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what happens when you face Mahomes twice, Brady once ,with Garaplao , Purdy and Matt Ryan as your QBs.
49ers had all the early momentum and couldn't pull away. You leave it up to Mahomes (and Brady) at the end , you're going to lose because chances are you're QB isn't going to do what they do. Great game to watch when you don't really care who wins . My sister won $400. on the squares. She won first quarter, second quarter and final. I won $20 off my nephew. I said the Chiefs would win.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blamed Kyle in previous playoff losses, but I think blaming him is wrong here. He went for it on 4th down in the fourth quarter, which he never would've done in the past. Pro sports is mostly luck and you also have to give credit to the Chiefs for playing great. Chris Jones should've been the MVP.
Nah, this is on Kyle. The 4th down decision was right but the play calls in the 2nd and 3rd quarters were terrible. All of the scoring drives involved a heavy dose of CMC in running or passing. He was the hot hand and we ignored him for 4 straight drives.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, kind of like Aaron Donald should have been

Jones blew up so many plays, including the critical 3rd and 4 on the Niners last possession. He was the biggest difference maker in this game, IMO. Mahomes was Mahomes, of course, but this wasn't a super great game for him. Only TD in regulation came from a very short field.