• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Swift has the alpha male NFL enjoyers trembling in fear, it appears.
Eh even if she weren't around when your team goes to 4 of 5 Super Bowls and wins a couple, they are the big dog everyone else hates/envies/resents. Saw it happen with the Warriors recently, and before the Chiefs that team was the Patriots.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh even if she weren't around when your team goes to 4 of 5 Super Bowls and wins a couple, they are the big dog everyone else hates/envies/resents. Saw it happen with the Warriors recently, and before the Chiefs that team was the Patriots.
Definitely no one wants to see another "Patriots dynasty"...well, unless you're a fan of said team...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely no one wants to see another "Patriots dynasty"...well, unless you're a fan of said team...
Exactly, and most of us aren't happy about the current Chiefs dynasty.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously.. how are the Niners favored? The Chiefs are the defending champs, have the GOAT at QB and they've been playing better ball. I don't get it, but this SportsHoopla cash I've been sitting on will either double or disappear next Monday.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously.. how are the Niners favored? The Chiefs are the defending champs, have the GOAT at QB and they've been playing better ball. I don't get it, but this SportsHoopla cash I've been sitting on will either double or disappear next Monday.
The Niners have the better all around team IMO and have had a slightly better season than the Chiefs.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners have the better all around team IMO and have had a slightly better season than the Chiefs.

Maybe, but that hasn't been apparent lately and I'm not sold on Purdy who, aside from a couple of nice scrambles against the Lions, has not had a good playoffs. In fact their win in DC was his only good game over the past month.. a month where every win was critical.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but that hasn't been apparent lately and I'm not sold on Purdy who, aside from a couple of nice scrambles against the Lions, has not had a good playoffs. In fact their win in DC was his only good game over the past month.. a month where every win was critical.
Nothing against the 9ers, but man I wish Detroit could've finished them off and got a Superbowl trip. Guessing they'll learn from it, though...

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Purdy hate is getting ridiculous. He was clearly one of the best QB’s in the NFL this year - I think most of the hate for him comes from the fact that he wasn’t a highly touted prospect. Purdy played poorly against the Ravens on Christmas, other than that he was fine in the last month of the regular season, he sat out Week 18 because the Niners had already clinched. He had an off game against the Packers in the divisional round, but I thought he was solid in the NFC Title against Detroit.

The Chiefs were shaky at times in the regular season, particularly in November/December, losing 3 straight home games. Their offense hasn’t clicked as well this season as it has in previous seasons.

The Niners have the better offense while the Chiefs have the better D IMO, and it’s an offensive league. Yes Mahomes is clearly the best QB in the NFL but it’s absurd to act like Purdy is a liability for the Niners.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Purdy hate is getting ridiculous. He was clearly one of the best QB’s in the NFL this year - I think most of the hate for him comes from the fact that he wasn’t a highly touted prospect. Purdy played poorly against the Ravens on Christmas, other than that he was fine in the last month of the regular season, he sat out Week 18 because the Niners had already clinched. He had an off game against the Packers in the divisional round, but I thought he was solid in the NFC Title against Detroit.

The Chiefs were shaky at times in the regular season, particularly in November/December, losing 3 straight home games. Their offense hasn’t clicked as well this season as it has in previous seasons.

The Niners have the better offense while the Chiefs have the better D IMO, and it’s an offensive league. Yes Mahomes is clearly the best QB in the NFL but it’s absurd to act like Purdy is a liability for the Niners.

I'm just not sold on the guy yet. He has a noodle arm by NFL standards, which is probably why he was drafted last. But he is also has an extremely accurate arm and he can move, which is probably why he was drafted at all.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against the 9ers, but man I wish Detroit could've finished them off and got a Superbowl trip. Guessing they'll learn from it, though...
There have been some who've suggested this was the Lions only shot at the big enchilada. I'm not one of them. I think they are going to hang around the postseaon and have possible shots at the SB for a number of years. It took several decades, but their brass finally put together a roster that's not just a flash in the pan, this team has staying power.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sold on the guy yet. He has a noodle arm by NFL standards, which is probably why he was drafted last. But he is also has an extremely accurate arm and he can move, which is probably why he was drafted at all.

True on all counts.

I fully believe the 49ers top to down have the most talented team in the NFL. They got here purely on talent alone.

Purdy's job is to just not fuck it up but he has made plays along the way.

There is at least 25 QBs in the league that would do better with this roster of the 49ers.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True on all counts.

I fully believe the 49ers top to down have the most talented team in the NFL. They got here purely on talent alone.

There is at least 25 QBs in the league that would do better with this roster of the 49ers.
That’s total bullshit IMO. There are definitely NOT 25 QB’s in the NFL better than Purdy. That is just as absurd as you calling Purdy “trash” a few weeks ago. Purdy is not a “system QB” or whatever garbage you say, Purdy is a stellar QB, he was one of the best QB’s in the NFL this year, he’s definitely in the upper half of NFL QB’s, and I would say he‘s one of the top 5 in the NFC. You don’t get to the Super Bowl with a bad QB. If Purdy and the Niners win the Super Bowl will you acknowledge you are underestimating him?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True on all counts.

Yep... sure looks like Brock has the 26th best stats :crazy:

PlayerPass YdsYds/AttAttCmpCmp %TDINTRate1st1st%20+40+LngSckSckY
dyrrl1knhcxqjwuvhcwm

Tua Tagovailoa
nyitt4ybuzopzjzddafi

Jared Goff
knx0jxponzfkusnyvjkn

Dak Prescott
ghmmndgjefpxziks7ntf

Josh Allen
hdwbdlyiose4znenx5ed

Brock Purdy
oagzjdsdoezmp6frggrn

Patrick Mahomes

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s total bullshit IMO. There are definitely NOT 25 QB’s in the NFL better than Purdy. That is just as absurd as you calling Purdy “trash” a few weeks ago. Purdy is not a “system QB” or whatever garbage you say, Purdy is a stellar QB, he was one of the best QB’s in the NFL this year, he’s definitely in the upper half of NFL QB’s, and I would say he‘s one of the top 5 in the NFC. You don’t get to the Super Bowl with a bad QB. If Purdy and the Niners win the Super Bowl will you acknowledge you are underestimating him?
25 QBs I'd take over Purdy:

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Stroud
4. Stafford
5. Love
6. Hurts
7. Jackson
8. Lawrence
9. Herbert
10. Burrow
11. Smith
12. Prescott
13. Tagavaioloa
14. Mayfield
15. Wilson
16. Cousins
17. Young
18. Murray
19. Flacco
20. Tannehill

Shit, Ok, only about 16.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Draft status plays a part in it because being drafted last is like when you see a beautiful girl or handsome guy single you assume there is a reason for it. Most people assume the magic carpet ride is going to come crashing down any minute and he's just a flash in the pan propped up by circumstance

The second reason is Purdy's strength is the mental aspect of the position and that's the hardest to appreciate by just watching the broadcast. You watch him on TV hitting a wide-open guy and people will think Kyle just schemed it up and he hit it not fully understanding that he just went through 3 progressions in seconds to find the wide-open guy when a good chunk of QBs struggle to get past their 1st read. There is a reason why most people that do film study and know what to look for are pretty positive on Purdy.

It's a reasonable stance to have if you think he's a good QB and not elite or the next Joe Montana and that you need to see more. It's just a lot of the arguments against him are overblown or just ridiculous.

The talent argument is lame because the 9ers' offense was extremely efficient so he was running the offense about as well as you could and take away talent from a QB regardless of who they are and stats will go down. Mahomes had his worst year as a starter not because he diminished as a player but because it's the worst group of guys he's had around him. So it remains to be seen how successful he can be with less talent but pointing out that his numbers are down when the talent level goes down is dumb.

The other lame argument that's common is people point to the games the 9ers lost. Teams lose multiple times a year and every QB has multiple games a season where they don't play great or they are flat-out awful so why is Purdy expected to be different? The 2nd year QB had a bad night against the best defense in football so rake him over the coals for not playing well against the Ravens. I mean Josh Allen was horrid against the Jets opening night so I guess we won't take Allen over Purdy.

Purdy will be an interesting discussion for a while since it'll be how much of a team's success do you attribute to the QB or to the rest of the team around him. How much weight do you put behind a guy that mostly gets it done when you need it to the guys that can put up MVP numbers but wilt in the playoffs when the team needs it most. Everyone would take Lamar or Allen over Purdy but Purdy in his 2nd year is 4-0 in playoff games he finishes whereas Lamar is 2-4 and Allen is 5-5 and neither have been to a Super Bowl.