• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George crushing him in rushing, nuff said as the Millennials say
Actually Marvel Comics since the 60's...

Stan Lee Marvel GIF

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One huge advantage that Kelce has over Kittle is he doesn't have as much WR talent surrounding him that would otherwise take away some receiving opportunities. The Niners definitely have the better core of WRs, so less often will Kittle be option one. Kelce OTOH is clearly Mahomes #1 option. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Niners beat the Chiefs, but I'd be shocked out of my gourd if Kittle ends up with more catches and/or more yards than Kelce, regardless of which team wins. I'll put it another way. If Kittle out-produces Kelce, the chances are that the Niners will have stomped all over the Chiefs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The previous two matchups between these teams both have the Niners controlling things early and then the Chiefs exploding in the second half and winning the game. I think the Niners are incredibly incentivized to run the ball and limit the number of possessions in the game. That said, Jimmy G was the QB in both games so Brock Purdy becomes the wild card.

I also think turnovers are heavily skewing how I view this matchup. Ravens beat the Niners easily earlier this year mostly because they forced a lot of turnovers. Chiefs beat the Ravens because they forced some pretty major turnovers. I get the feeling that the Niners will win if they don't lose the turnover battle but there is a high probability of the Chiefs getting extra possessions.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The previous two matchups between these teams both have the Niners controlling things early and then the Chiefs exploding in the second half and winning the game. I think the Niners are incredibly incentivized to run the ball and limit the number of possessions in the game. That said, Jimmy G was the QB in both games so Brock Purdy becomes the wild card.

I also think turnovers are heavily skewing how I view this matchup. Ravens beat the Niners easily earlier this year mostly because they forced a lot of turnovers. Chiefs beat the Ravens because they forced some pretty major turnovers. I get the feeling that the Niners will win if they don't lose the turnover battle but there is a high probability of the Chiefs getting extra possessions.
It's impossible to be confident of any outcome, this is as even a matchup as it gets.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners 21-17. Any outcome with them winning is all I give a shit about lol

Exactly. I'll be happy with a 2-0 victory where the only score occurs because Mahomes slips in the end zone while trying to get away from Bosa.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to be confident of any outcome, this is as even a matchup as it gets.
I don't know if I'd say its as even as a matchup gets. The Chiefs injury report is much longer than the Niners and I think thats the source of the Chiefs being slight underdogs.

I'm watching over the KC/Baltimore game and the Chiefs had Nick Bolton everywhere. Containing on the edge. Spy. Moneybacker. That last one...honestly...not sure how thats even possible because Bolton has been covering WRs and can only do that for about 10 yards or so. Getting Gay healthy he can at least do that better. If Pacheco goes down then its a huge blow for the Chiefs. Not sure how healthy Chris Jones is after getting tripped in the endzone but Im sure he'll be good to play.

At a casual level, though, I'd imagine the Chiefs have to be seen as the favorites. Defending champs vs a team they beat a few years back. Even if the Niners are the more talented team mathematically its still a chip on their shoulder to beat the Chiefs. I think the only other Super Bowl analogous to this one is when Eli Manning faced Brady a second time. I know the Bills played the Cowboys twice in a row but those teams were too similar while the Niners and Chiefs have evolved.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'd say its as even as a matchup gets. The Chiefs injury report is much longer than the Niners and I think thats the source of the Chiefs being slight underdogs.

I'm watching over the KC/Baltimore game and the Chiefs had Nick Bolton everywhere. Containing on the edge. Spy. Moneybacker. That last one...honestly...not sure how thats even possible because Bolton has been covering WRs and can only do that for about 10 yards or so. Getting Gay healthy he can at least do that better. If Pacheco goes down then its a huge blow for the Chiefs. Not sure how healthy Chris Jones is after getting tripped in the endzone but Im sure he'll be good to play.

At a casual level, though, I'd imagine the Chiefs have to be seen as the favorites. Defending champs vs a team they beat a few years back. Even if the Niners are the more talented team mathematically its still a chip on their shoulder to beat the Chiefs. I think the only other Super Bowl analogous to this one is when Eli Manning faced Brady a second time. I know the Bills played the Cowboys twice in a row but those teams were too similar while the Niners and Chiefs have evolved.
This post kinda shows what I mean, you can make very plausible cases for either team winning. Hence a tossup

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post kinda shows what I mean, you can make very plausible cases for either team winning. Hence a tossup
Agreed if everyone is healthy.

You guys had the better team in the regular season but Chiefs taking the hard road to get the Super Bowl I think that all becomes a wash.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed if everyone is healthy.

You guys had the better team in the regular season but Chiefs taking the hard road to get the Super Bowl I think that all becomes a wash.

Niners had the easiest road, but then things got weird and it took massive luck to get them to the Super Bowl. Bye in the first round and then two home playoff games where they didn't have to face either of the two teams seen as the biggest NFC threats to them (Cowboys and Eagles). They had to make comebacks in both games, including a massive comeback against the Lions. I think the Chiefs have the edge because of Mahomes and championship experience, but I'm going to hope that the luck goes the Niners way one more time this season. :pray:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Super Bowl LVIII Betting Trends​

i
Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers (-2, 47.5)
i

Sunday, Feb 11, 6 p.m. ET, Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas

Kansas City is 10-1-1 ATS as underdog with Patrick Mahomes (9-3 SU).
Kansas City is 10-0-1 ATS as road/neutral underdog with Patrick Mahomes (9-2 SU).
Kansas City has covered seven straight meetings vs SF (3-1 SU, 4-0 ATS under Andy Reid).
Kansas City has covered five straight games entering Super Bowl.
Kansas City is: 3-0 ATS this postseason (won last two games as underdogs).
Kansas City has covered five straight playoff games (longest streak since 2012-15 Ravens - 7 straight).
Kansas City is 62-50-1 ATS in Patrick Mahomes starts (12-5 ATS in playoffs).
Kansas City is 111-88-2 ATS under Andy Reid (13-8-1 ATS in playoffs).

AFC teams have 7-2 ATS in past nine Super Bowls

San Francisco is 0-5 ATS in last 5 games vs teams with winning records.
San Francisco is 4-0 ATS this season when favored by less than four points.
San Francisco is 0-3 ATS last 3 games.
San Francisco is the only team to be favored in every game this season.
San Francisco is the second team to reach SB without covering playoff game (2007 Patriots).
San Francisco is 7-4 ATS in playoff games under Kyle Shanahan (0-2 ATS this year).
San Francisco is 15-10-1 ATS in Brock Purdy starts (2-3 ATS in playoffs).

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners had the easiest road, but then things got weird and it took massive luck to get them to the Super Bowl. Bye in the first round and then two home playoff games where they didn't have to face either of the two teams seen as the biggest NFC threats to them (Cowboys and Eagles). They had to make comebacks in both games, including a massive comeback against the Lions. I think the Chiefs have the edge because of Mahomes and championship experience, but I'm going to hope that the luck goes the Niners way one more time this season. :pray:
To be fair nobody considered the eagles a threat at all

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 9th Super Bowl rematch... only Steelers/Cowboys have met 3 times.

Steelers-Cowboys: Super Bowls X, XIII, XXX Steelers 2-1
Bengals-49ers: Super Bowls XVI, XXIII 49ers 2-0
Bills-Cowboys: Super Bowls XXVII, XXVIII Cowboys 2-0
Giants-Patriots: Super Bowls XLII, XLVI Giants 2-0
Eagles-Patriots: Super Bowls XXXIX, LII Splilt 1-1
Rams-Patriots: Super Bowls XXXVI, LIII Patriots 2-0
Dolphins-Washington: Super Bowls VII, XVII Split 1-1
Chiefs-49ers: Super Bowls LIV, LVIII Chiefs 1-0