• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel those are the three reasons KC makes it evenly matched. If we were factoring in the whole season, the Niners should be 5 or 6 point favorites. Chiefs could've very easily lost to the Jets and Vikings and been an 8 loss team. The two teams the Niners beat in the playoffs both beat the Chiefs in the regular season.

The reason to ignore that is the idea that the Chiefs are locked in. Mahomes to Kelce is the best connection in NFL history. Andy Reid with a bye week. Spagnuolo with a top defense. Toub with a good special teams unit.
When it comes to the Chiefs, I do not put a lot of stock into the regular season. Just like with the Patriots dynasty. They are a different team and a level above their normal play when the playoffs come.

I know people will say Niners are favorites based on the regular season but imo that's wrong. KC has the best QB and coach in football. That gives them the edge imo.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to the Chiefs, I do not put a lot of stock into the regular season. Just like with the Patriots dynasty. They are a different team and a level above their normal play when the playoffs come.

I know people will say Niners are favorites based on the regular season but imo that's wrong. KC has the best QB and coach in football. That gives them the edge imo.
SF does have the best RB in football, maybe the 2nd best TE, maybe the best LT. In this type of matchup, the stars have to show up. The Chiefs have LBs and Safeties for days. They want to use them to stop the passing game. Running the ball well takes them out of their element. I can't imagine the Niners falling into the same trap as the Ravens. The Chiefs will have to adjust to stop the run and that will open up the possibility of 1 on 1 matchups with Kittle on Gay or CMC on Bolton. You saw Kelce make a play on Kyle Hamilton for a TD. (Kyle Hamilton is a badass, btw) Thats the type of thing these teams will need to do to score, I'd imagine.

I'm fully expecting another 17-10 type of game.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a dog fight. You got the best all around TE in football and Kelce on the other side. Can’t wait.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I'm picking the Chiefs as well. Overall, I give the 53 man roster edge to the Niners, that is one friggin well built and well coached team. But the Chiefs have Mahomes, who right now is the best football player on the planet and couldn't have more momentum going for him and his team even if he tried. He's the difference maker, the X factor in this game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a dog fight. You got the best all around TE in football and Kelce on the other side. Can’t wait.
I laughed. But I agree that Kittle is a fuckin' badass...

Still, he ain't quite Kelce...at least not Kelce when he was at his best...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This article is a bit old (January 2020), so I don't know what the stat is now, but Kelce lined up as a receiver more than he lined up as a TE back then. I'm guessing that the numbers aren't much different this season for Kelce and Kittle. This is my only argument as to why Kittle is the best TE. :nod:

Chiefs' Travis Kelce, 49ers' George Kittle: Game respects game at Super Bowl

Screenshot_9.jpg

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Big Niner fan going back to the John Brodie days he was really good if not for the on-sides kick off success (hated Dallas) the Niners would been in a Super Bowl earlier.

I see the expected the Mahomes led victory, but that is why they play the Game. If Shanny had drafted a really Good CB in the last three years I would say closer to 45-55 odds for the CHEFS (JK) but more like 40-60 or better for the Chiefs as it is. Still have hope as random stuff does happen that could go the Niners way.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idk Kelce had a big advantage having Mahomes throwing to him for years. Their first 5 years in comparison were within a few yards and like 1 TD. Not to mention blocking wise Kittle is better hands down and drops less passes. Yards and receptions Kelce has him

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Big Niner fan going back to the John Brodie days he was really good if not for the on-sides kick off success (hated Dallas) the Niners would been in a Super Bowl earlier.

I see the expected the Mahomes led victory, but that is why they play the Game. If Shanny had drafted a really Good CB in the last three years I would say closer to 45-55 odds for the CHEFS (JK) but more like 40-60 or better for the Chiefs as it is. Still have hope as random stuff does happen that could go the Niners way.

I'm only 44, so I didn't start following the Niners until 1987. However, I worked at an office in Marin in 2002 and one of my co-workers told me that she was in a bar one time when someone challenged John Brodie to a fight. LOL.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article is a bit old (January 2020), so I don't know what the stat is now, but Kelce lined up as a receiver more than he lined up as a TE back then. I'm guessing that the numbers aren't much different this season for Kelce and Kittle. This is my only argument as to why Kittle is the best TE. :nod:

Chiefs' Travis Kelce, 49ers' George Kittle: Game respects game at Super Bowl

View attachment 352897
Every time Spags baits Kittle into blocking, it is a win, actually.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I actually think the New Heights podcast does a decent job of going over the rules of football.

I do get the feeling the most swifties are way older than that picture suggests.

I heard Oldschool is a huge groupie, so I'm sure you're right. I know women my sons age (27) that are huge fans of her and their mother's also, that's why she is almost a Billionaire, wide crowd

Last edited: