• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVI: Los Angeles Rams vs. Cincinnati Bengals Thread

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I’m lucky you haven’t seen my posts in the who your rooting for thread.
TBH I'm pretty sure there is only one team I would root fer you guise against in tSuper Bowl................and that just happened to be the team you were playing.......lol

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH I'm pretty sure there is only one team I would root fer you guise against in tSuper Bowl................and that just happened to be the team you were playing.......lol
It rivalry but mostly a friendly one. It’s OK not to want a division rival to win a Super Bowl.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just poking SJ76 a bit, all in good fun

It was also very easy to root for Seattle playing the patriots. I’ve always been a closet Russ fan as well. Im hoping we can trade for him in the off-season to back up Stafford

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was your record vs the Jets this year?
We needed that loss to the Jets and Browns right there as a halfway reality check.

When the season went on, didn't you beat the Ravens by 1 point the week after the Bengals shell shocked that same team for 41 points and 525 passing yards? Did you have to come back from behind to win that in the closing minutes by a single point?

I mean, don't act like your team is perfect. Both teams have flaws, ours maybe a little more than yours, but Cincinnati has a bunch of players t hat never believe they are out of a game and work for each other. What I like is that of the 28 experts picking the game results for Sunday, 14 picked the Bengals, 14 picked the Rams. All 14 who picked the Bengals thought Burrow would be MVP. Of the 14 who voted for the Rams, the votes were spread out between Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Akers. So Burrow is the overwhelming favorite to win SB MVP. :)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed that loss to the Jets and Browns right there as a halfway reality check.

When the season went on, didn't you beat the Ravens by 1 point the week after the Bengals shell shocked that same team for 41 points and 525 passing yards? Did you have to come back from behind to win that in the closing minutes by a single point?

I mean, don't act like your team is perfect. Both teams have flaws, ours maybe a little more than yours, but Cincinnati has a bunch of players t hat never believe they are out of a game and work for each other. What I like is that of the 28 experts picking the game results for Sunday, 14 picked the Bengals, 14 picked the Rams. All 14 who picked the Bengals thought Burrow would be MVP. Of the 14 who voted for the Rams, the votes were spread out between Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Akers. So Burrow is the overwhelming favorite to win SB MVP. :)
If we're talking strictly resumes, this is one of the most even SB's I've ever seen. Rams scored 460, gave up 372, got the 4 seed. Bengals scored 460, gave up 376 and got the 4 seed. Rams beat the Bucs, Bengals beat the Chiefs so they both took out the 'big bad' in their conference. Rams do have the better record, Bengals also beat the Titans, though, who was the #1 seed, so you could argue that they've had a tougher playoff road.

Rams have been much more erratic with turnovers. To me, thats what the SB comes down to. They made the Cardinals look really bad when it came to turnovers but they also almost blew the Bucs game in epic fashion. Titans were able to absolutely dominate with their dline against the Bengals but it didnt lead to anything like a pick 6 or Burrow getting carted off the field.

In the SB with the Chiefs and Niners, Bosa almost single handedly won the game for the Niners. I think I saw a stat where Bosa beat Fisher more than any pass rusher beat an OT all year. The thing is that on the other side of the O line, Schwartz basically won all game so the Chiefs just ran a lot of their offense on that side and made plays. Chiefs were able to overcome a fairly mediocre Mahomes performance, too, because Sammy Watkins won all day because he was 1 on 1. Mitchell Schwartz and Sammy Watkins won them the SB. A subpar oline doesnt immediately wreck the game for the Bengals but they consistently need almost every other part of their team to be hitting on all cylinders to keep on wining.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking strictly resumes, this is one of the most even SB's I've ever seen. Rams scored 460, gave up 372, got the 4 seed. Bengals scored 460, gave up 376 and got the 4 seed. Rams beat the Bucs, Bengals beat the Chiefs so they both took out the 'big bad' in their conference. Rams do have the better record, Bengals also beat the Titans, though, who was the #1 seed, so you could argue that they've had a tougher playoff road.

Rams have been much more erratic with turnovers. To me, thats what the SB comes down to. They made the Cardinals look really bad when it came to turnovers but they also almost blew the Bucs game in epic fashion. Titans were able to absolutely dominate with their dline against the Bengals but it didnt lead to anything like a pick 6 or Burrow getting carted off the field.

In the SB with the Chiefs and Niners, Bosa almost single handedly won the game for the Niners. I think I saw a stat where Bosa beat Fisher more than any pass rusher beat an OT all year. The thing is that on the other side of the O line, Schwartz basically won all game so the Chiefs just ran a lot of their offense on that side and made plays. Chiefs were able to overcome a fairly mediocre Mahomes performance, too, because Sammy Watkins won all day because he was 1 on 1. Mitchell Schwartz and Sammy Watkins won them the SB. A subpar oline doesnt immediately wreck the game for the Bengals but they consistently need almost every other part of their team to be hitting on all cylinders to keep on wining.
One *SLIGHT* advantage with the DL/OL matchup...The Bengals have no disillusions on how bad the OL is. At least they know this up front and can help plan and scheme for some things to help rather than trying to adjust mid game (Even though they are good at this).

Not saying that it means they can negate - just it won't be a shock.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm know I've been noticeably absent since we won the AFC.. I'm just really nervous about all of this and it is new to me. I've already taken off work for Monday and may need more days off than that.
We'll see how this goes, but if the Bengals win it all, ya'll aren't going to be able to hardly stand me, especially Steelers Pride and Pure Steel.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One *SLIGHT* advantage with the DL/OL matchup...The Bengals have no disillusions on how bad the OL is. At least they know this up front and can help plan and scheme for some things to help rather than trying to adjust mid game (Even though they are good at this).

Not saying that it means they can negate - just it won't be a shock.
A big thing about the Bengals is they certainly think about the matchups. First play against the Titans they had an INT because they probably assumed that the Titans would go play action because everyone was talking about Henry. The Chiefs, on the other hand, weren't playing Chess and just rolled with their strength and that caught the Bengals off guard Im guessing but then they adjusted at half.

Because of the extra week of prep, I'd imagine both teams should probably have a gameplan A and a gameplan B just based on what Ive seen in the playoffs and they'll probably rotate between the two each drive to try and keep the other off balance. As such...not sure how much what led up to the playoffs matters. Just more about execution and making plays.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we run "old 97" right off the bat, and our "top secret" secret play!!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it was a bad loss for you. No your Bears loss was practically exhibition. Rams only losses were to playoff teams. Not so much with yous. Those are all football facts Jack

Jets Jets Jets!!!

Speaking of the Jets, 54 years ago, this Broadway Joe guy with 4 years under his belt, upset the world with a brilliant win over Unitas and the Colts. 34-year old Unitas was sore armed so Morrall played most of the game, but Colts defense could not stop Namath who proved he and the 19-point underdog Jets were worthy.

In Sunday's game the Rams and 4-point underdog Bengals seem to be evenly matched with two brilliant QBs, a young eager and proven 2-year stud, call him Cincinnati Joe, and a seasoned, experienced 10-year veteran, Stafford. High level receiving and rushing elements prevail for each team along with excellent defenses.

Bengals could pull the upset but will Burrow handle the pressure? Will the Rams play lights out on their home field? Each team won their two previous playoff games by just 3 points. LVI will be one hell of a Super Bowl!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitter bitch said what!?!?!?!?!?

"I think Joe's gonna sit back after this game, win or lose and be like 'man, am I gonna re-sign with this team? Are they will to do what it takes to continuously to get back to the next Super Bowl? Next year and the year after that and the year after that? How are they willing to structure salary cap wise to be able to afford me, but to also be able to afford Ja'Marr Chase when he comes up or Tee Higgins or maybe even re-do this offensive line?

Someone shove a football in Carson Palmers big mouth to shut him the fuck up. Burrow has already done more for the Bengals in two seasons than he did in seven.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitter bitch said what!?!?!?!?!?

"I think Joe's gonna sit back after this game, win or lose and be like 'man, am I gonna re-sign with this team? Are they will to do what it takes to continuously to get back to the next Super Bowl? Next year and the year after that and the year after that? How are they willing to structure salary cap wise to be able to afford me, but to also be able to afford Ja'Marr Chase when he comes up or Tee Higgins or maybe even re-do this offensive line?

Someone shove a football in Carson Palmers big mouth to shut him the fuck up. Burrow has already done more for the Bengals in two seasons than he did in seven.
They've got like three years to worry about that. Next year they'll be playing with house money, basically, and should be a favorite to go back to the SB regardless of what happens on Sunday

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got like three years to worry about that. Next year they'll be playing with house money, basically, and should be a favorite to go back to the SB regardless of what happens on Sunday

Because of Joe's ties to that part of Ohio I don't see him going anywhere. Palmer sounds really bad saying that stuff.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of Joe's ties to that part of Ohio I don't see him going anywhere. Palmer sounds really bad saying that stuff.
And Cinci will also gladly make him the highest paid QB in the league. Or 2nd highest depending on whatever Herbert gets.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Cinci will also gladly make him the highest paid QB in the league. Or 2nd highest depending on whatever Herbert gets.

If they don't pony up the dough for Burrow it would be a massive mistake.