• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl LI

Who will win Super Bowl LI

• New England

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Oakland

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Houston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Miami

• Dallas

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Atlanta

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Seattle

• Green Bay

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • NY Giants

• Detroit

• Washington

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the clear favorites are the Cowboys and Patriots.

This is the type of year where anything goes because I dont think there are any great teams but the Cowboys have been really close to a great team. My pick would be the Patriots, though, because the Raiders, Texans and Dolphins have no chance of beating them so they really only have to worry about 2 teams in the AFC and I suspect they'd be decent sized favorites against both.

The Chiefs D and Pats D seems to be playing notably better lately. Maybe thats just because they've played the Broncos...
There is no doubt who the two best teams are as of today. Now of course that doesn't mean they will both be there, but everyone else has pretty much dropped out of the "best team" discussion the last few weeks

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know how they get a #1 defensive rating, they've given up over 20 points almost every game this season

Playing 6 games against the AFC South helped a lot.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt who the two best teams are as of today. Now of course that doesn't mean they will both be there, but everyone else has pretty much dropped out of the "best team" discussion the last few weeks
Actually, the more I break it down the more I want to remove the Patriots from the 'best' category. Most of their games have been against backup level QBs.

Dallas would definitely get my vote as the favorite.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the more I break it down the more I want to remove the Patriots from the 'best' category. Most of their games have been against backup level QBs.
You can always find a way to eliminate any team, but that Pats are beating teams up. I'm loving the Cowboys right now, but as a Cowboy fan I can't even put them above the Pats right now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not questioning ya, I know they are ranked at the top, just seems, looking at their results this season, they really weren't a shutdown defense on the scoreboard
Well 20.3 isnt bad honestly and Houston plays a lot of high possession games because their offense is so inept. If they had even a middling offense they'd be pretty good

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl projections right now...go!

I'm saying New England over Green Bay.

Packers are getting hot at the right time and have all along been one of the best teams in the NFC anyway...and the Patriots are the Patriots, enough said.

A Jags fan!!!!! Hooray! Welcome to the Hoop.
Can you say "Jagwire?"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always find a way to eliminate any team, but that Pats are beating teams up. I'm loving the Cowboys right now, but as a Cowboy fan I can't even put them above the Pats right now.

Depends how you want to evaluate it......Clayton is definitely right, the Pats have beaten down a who's who of dog shit teams this season, and statistically ranked dead last in the NFL in terms of strength of schedule.....And the funny thing, or pretty sad thing, is that it wont change much in the postseason

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't. Not after seeing Denver's offense last week.

FootballOutsiders has their offensive schedule rank 32nd and that was before last week. Not only has New England's defense played the easiest schedule, its been far and away the easiest schedule.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't. Not after seeing Denver's offense last week.

FootballOutsiders has their offensive schedule rank 32nd and that was before last week. Not only has New England's defense played the easiest schedule, its been far and away the easiest schedule.

Reminds me of the 49ers in the 80s and early 90s

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas would definitely get my vote as the favorite.
Right now 5 of the 12vplayoff teams have an SOS ranking of 26 or lower. Dallas, Seattle, Detroit, New England and Miami

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the Pats have had an easier schedule, but damn if they're not just destroying teams. I sure won't bet against them at home against any of the other AFC teams.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Jags fan!!!!! Hooray! Welcome to the Hoop.
Can you say "Jagwire?"
Haha, thanks! I thought they'd finally be good this year. But I'm still holding out hope for next year, a lot of their losses were one-score games. Insert Tom Coughlin or at least a better coach than Bradley and I think they improve majorly.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the Pats have had an easier schedule, but damn if they're not just destroying teams. I sure won't bet against them at home against any of the other AFC teams.
SOS is a tool to look at but MOV is certainly relevant as well. If you played the 31st ranked schedule like NE but have a point differential of 170 that is substantially more impressive than playing the 28th ranked schedule but only having a 40 point differential. That's why teams like Dallas and NE can play horrible schedules but still be impressive while teams like Miami and the Giants don't get much love.

Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about the Cowboys.......what SHOULD worry everyone here is that they are NOT folding in December.......no fade down the stretch. This team is hitting on all cylinders at the end of the year, they aren't quitting or giving away anything like they usually did in the past. A few years ago they'd be on cruise control and not caring about these last two games - last night they made a statement. I think they may be on the verge of something special.......but the rookies in the playoffs worries me. If Dak continues to not get rattled, I think they win it all.......
What should worry others is the majority of the team is young, andcwithba few players added the D could be as good as the O.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before the season when Romo was healthy, I suggested a Dal-NE Super Bowl as a possibility.

Romo goes down and it looked like a forlorn hop at best.

But both Dallas and NE have gotten better on defense as the year has progressed.

NE by subtraction and Dallas by addition. I think Irving and Gregory have given them a pass rush. I can't recall the status if Lawrence but if they had him in there......

NE and Dallas in the Super Bowl is what I'm smelling, but Pats would win.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, I wouldn't either

Especially when Tom Savage or Matt Mcgloin may be their stiffest comp all postseason