• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns owner in deep poo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was rooting for them in the finals. My only ill will is towards the ex commish (RIP). CP3 should've been a Laker all these years...

Jesus man.

Get over it.

The NBA should have never been in position to be managing a team. That was why it got vetoed. That trade should have never been agreed to in the first place. It was awful for the future of the Pelicans.

But, Had it been any other team not being run by the NBA it would have been allowed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus man.

Get over it.

The NBA should have never been in position to be managing a team. That was why it got vetoed. That trade should have never been agreed to in the first place. It was awful for the future of the Pelicans.

But, Had it been any other team not being run by the NBA it would have been allowed.

To be fair, that was a pretty egregious overstep and pretty much any other fan base would still have an issue with it.

The issue, imo, wasn't as much that the league took ownership and managing the team...it's that they put someone in place to run the team, then didn't let him and used their power to veto a trade that didn't break any league rules and never would have been if the team was owned by anyone else.

Additionally, the trade wasn't near as bad as folks tried to claim in their attempts to justify the trade being vetoed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that was a pretty egregious overstep and pretty much any other fan base would still have an issue with it.

The issue, imo, wasn't as much that the league took ownership and managing the team...it's that they put someone in place to run the team, then didn't let him and used their power to veto a trade that didn't break any league rules and never would have been if the team was owned by anyone else.

Additionally, the trade wasn't near as bad as folks tried to claim in their attempts to justify the trade being vetoed.

But again…

The veto was due to the conflict of interest with the league running the team.

Not because it was an unfair trade.

But yes, it was a brutally bad deal for NOLA that would have had them mired in mediocrity.

The trade they got allowed them to bring in future assets while bottoming out so they could later draft AD. They don’t get AD if they had made the deal with LA.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexism, Harassment and racism.

He grabbed a black chick's ass and then said, Sorry, I thought you were a white guy? Or he grabbed a white chick's ass and said, "Shit, I thought you were one of my black players?

Other are they each a separate incident over the past forty years?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yes, it was a brutally bad deal for NOLA that would have had them mired in mediocrity.

We will just have to disagree. It favored the Lakers, virtually all trades favor one team more than another. But it wasn't nearly as bad as some try to make and definitely was not brutally bad.

Additionally, you cant try to claim a trade was bad because it would not have resulted in a team being bad enough to tank and get the #1 pick. Had cp3 not gotten mad and refused to show up, they also dont get AD.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will just have to disagree. It favored the Lakers, virtually all trades favor one team more than another. But it wasn't nearly as bad as some try to make and definitely was not brutally bad.

Additionally, you cant try to claim a trade was bad because it would not have resulted in a team being bad enough to tank and get the #1 pick. Had cp3 not gotten mad and refused to show up, they also dont get AD.

It does though

Again, because the league owned the Pelicans at the time.

And multiple lottery picks in the upcoming draft is a lot more exciting to sell than a veteran laden 35 - 40 win team.

And you know this.

Stern got involved because he had to protect the sale value of the team his office controlled.

Had nothing to do with the Lakers involvement in the deal. Which is why I say Laker fans really need to stop crying about this. It was a trade that never should have been agreed on from the Pels side anyway.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does though

Again, because the league owned the Pelicans at the time.

And multiple lottery picks in the upcoming draft is a lot more exciting to sell than a veteran laden 35 - 40 win team.

And you know this.

Stern got involved because he had to protect the sale value of the team his office controlled.

Had nothing to do with the Lakers involvement in the deal. Which is why I say Laker fans really need to stop crying about this. It was a trade that never should have been agreed on from the Pels side anyway.

You still don't make a trade based on making a deal that tanks a team before the season even starts. Once the trade is complete, if they didn't like the results, they can start moving players before the deadline.

Sorry, but the league "had to step in" and the Hornets being able to tank and get AD is a load of crap. The Hornets were a playoff team before the trade and would have remained so after. The new owner could decide what they wanted to do with the team re: tanking or trying top find a way to improve on the team they had.

And to say that it had nothing to do with the Lakers involvement is laughable at best. Both Dan Gilbert and Mark Cuban lost their shit (and at least a couple of others complained privately) because the Lakers managed to improve their team and lower their overall salary. The Lakers were essentially punished for doing what every other team in the league would have done if they could.

AS good as many of the things he did for the league were, he was also an arrogant prick who tried to run the league like a dictator.

Also, you and others need to quit telling Lakers fans to stop complaining. It was a huge overstep by the league (arguably the biggest in league history) and any other fan base would still be pissed about it.

And lol at your last sentence since they did, in fact, agree to it. You can try all of the revisionist history, spin and other nonsense that you want. It doesn't change what actually happened. The fact that Stern changed what he said and tried to add more spin every time the subject came up (including after he was no longer commissioner) says he knew what he was did was wrong.

As good as many of the things Stern did for the league were, he was also an arrogant prick who tried to run the league like a dictator and often did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league office shouldn’t have ever been in position to be running one of the teams period.

That is the issue. That is the only issue.

Hopefully it never happens again.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Baxter Holmes story;

During the recruitment, Sarver remarked to two basketball operations staffers that the Suns needed to have local strippers impregnated by NBA players so those players would have children in the Phoenix area and feel obliged to be closer to them, giving the Suns a potential edge in free agency, the now-former staffers said.

LMAO WUT

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that was wrong?
Hi, Justin!!

* hides EBT card*

Yeah, it's wrong.

Not his thought process. But, repeating the phrase multiple times?

Hell yeah.

I actually got written up at work for calling someone a hill billy and trailer park trash.

Even though said individual did indeed live in a trailer park, it was deemed racially insensitive.

I can't say the phrase p-wood nor white trash.

You can't say the N word.....at least not in a working environment.

Sarver was in a place of business... Allegedly

I don't make the rules, Fam.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi, Justin!!

* hides EBT card*

Yeah, it's wrong.

I actually got written up at work for calling someone a hill billy and trailer park trash.

Even though said individual did indeed live in a trailer park, it was deemed racially insensitive.

I can't say the phrase p-wood nor white trash.

You can't say the N word.....at least not in a working environment.

Sarver was in a place of business... Allegedly

I don't make the rules, Fam.
Hey Mecca! Yeah, I know that's wrong, I was just making a joke. This guy seems like a real winner. I'm surprised I haven't heard much about this.

As far as your write up.....we prefer to be called "Sons of the soil" rather than hillbillies these days. And next time leave out the "trash" part. It's redundant once you say trailer.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mecca! Yeah, I know that's wrong, I was just making a joke. This guy seems like a real winner. I'm surprised I haven't heard much about this.

As far as your write up.....we prefer to be called "Sons of the soil" rather than hillbillies these days. And next time leave out the "trash" part. It's redundant once you say trailer.
This is why I heart you....lol

Dude, I live in Arizona.

Before last week, never heard a single rumbling. All anyone ever says is he's cheap and doesn't care about winning.

After he refused to pay Ayton, I called him Donald Sterling 2.0, sans the slum lord racism.

Welp...lol

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Baxter Holmes story;

LMAO WUT
Certainly a unique strategy but it has many flaws. Once said stripper is knocked up by a player she'll cash in, stop stripping and may move out of the area with her new found wealth.

How did this guy manage to get enough money to own a team when even a schmuck like me call punch holes in his business model?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I heart you....lol

Dude, I live in Arizona.

Before last week, never heard a single rumbling. All anyone ever says is he's cheap and doesn't care about winning.

After he refused to pay Ayton, I called him Donald Sterling 2.0, sans the slum lord racism.

Welp...lol
Good to speak with you again, it's been a while. I guess this guy decided to go full Sterling after all. And as we all know, Never go full Sterling!