• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suns name Earl Watson Head Coach

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me they are not serious about changing personnel or team strategy.

I know injuries are the main reason for this team being terrible, but the team needs to move Knight & Goodwin. Booker needs to be starting along side Bledsoe. PJ needs to move on. He is a good role player on a playoff team, but he is just blocking the progress of young players on this team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Watson has an odd shaped head.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Kerr gave permission to Walton to interview for jobs after the playoffs. Suns make their decision in the first round. :L

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Kerr gave permission to Walton to interview for jobs after the playoffs. Suns make their decision in the first round. :L

I highly doubt Walton would even want the Phoenix job.

Let's be real here, he's one of the top candidates and could go wherever he wants basically (out of the available jobs)… we're way down at the bottom of the list of coaching vacancies.

If we played that game we likely end up with some leftover-type of coach, or just stick with Watson and piss him off for taking that long to decide after interviewing him.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt Walton would even want the Phoenix job.

Let's be real here, he's one of the top candidates and could go wherever he wants basically (out of the available jobs)… we're way down at the bottom of the list of coaching positions.
I realize we're not the most desirable place at the moment but there is no reason whatsoever to make a decision right now. Plus you never know. Walton has a soft spot for the state of Arizona for obvious reasons. McDonough is once again showing his below average GM skills.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can interview during playoffs, just not during series. So once the first round is over, he can interview before the second round starts.

But either way, thanks for keeping all the good coaches on the market for us teams that need a coach (FUCKING FIRE BYRON SCOTT ALREADY BUSS FAMILY!)

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me they are not serious about changing personnel or team strategy.

I know injuries are the main reason for this team being terrible, but the team needs to move Knight & Goodwin. Booker needs to be starting along side Bledsoe. PJ needs to move on. He is a good role player on a playoff team, but he is just blocking the progress of young players on this team.

Tyson needs to go too.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns probably figure they're going into a rebuild and no big name coach would be worth the price for two years of growth. Earl is probably going to be just asked to coach the guys up as best as possible, while the FO positions the team for competitiveness in another year or two.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one positive about Earl is all the players loved him. He also helped develop the young guys when he took over. I'm not thrilled with the hire, but we're a few years from contending so player development has to be the priority.

Thibs, Jackson, Van Gundy & Walton were all "win-now" type of hires that probably wouldn't be interested. Which leaves you with a very thin set of coaches to pick from.

Bledsoe, Booker, Len, Warren, Knight, two lotto picks and some cap room… let's see what you got, Watson.