• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Dilemna - Watching the Game at Home or at a SB Party?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been invited to really close friends house to watch the game. These are friends (6 of us) that travel together and are close. They are all Broncos fans, and one of the guys is pretty die hard fan. But he irritates the heck out of me by listening (with headphones) to the radio. So with the 7 second TV delay he always knows what happens before it is on TV - and doesn't keep quiet about it.

I wasn't going to go, but they offered for me to watch the game alone in a separate room as they know I'm intense during the games - and would rather be texting w friends. I've gone back and forth and as of this morning I leaning on going there and taking them up on their offer. Part of that is so my wife can socialize with them as well. But the downside is I'm miserable to be around if we lose!

Do you prefer watching with friends, at a bar with other Broncos fans, or by yourself? What are your plans? And may as well talk about food here as well - anything special you like to do for SB Sunday??

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to be in as comfortable an environment as possible to watch a game that I care deeply about. For me, that is at home with my son, who is also intensely pro-Broncos.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always stay home and watch. In the past, we've hosted a ton of Super Bowl parties at my house but the distraction of so many people can be really annoying. Two years ago, I actually had a Seahawks fan there and it was miserable. We actually almost went to blows.

This year I have one friend coming over to watch with my wife and I. That's it. I don't want to miss one snap, one play, one comment or anything else. I'm going to be intensely focused on the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 2 years ago we had a huge party at the church with about 50 people around. It was one of the worst Broncos games I have had to endure. I mean the other people thought it funny to keep pointing out the score constantly. After the game was over everybody but one person went home as they wanted to watch the trophy presentation and I finally kicked her out saying I just couldn't watch it so either she locks up or goes home to watch it.

This year not quite going that big. Going to my parents house where a group of us will get together. They thankfully have 2 huge tv's so I'll probably be in one with my now 1 year old daughter as she loves watching football with me and is probably more excited when the Broncos score than I even am. Makes my day to see her celebrate a Broncos touchdown. Helps me to stay more calm when things go bad too. The only problem for this party though is my sister seems to have a habit of dating Chiefs fans. The last 2 boyfriends have been huge Chiefs fans and he will be there. Have to keep my cool if the Broncos lose.

As far as food. Very wide range of items. We have a pheasant recipe that we save up for these games where we take the pheasant breast and cut it to form a pocket then stuff it with jalapeno, mozzarella cheese, and bacon. We are a family that loves anything spicy so most everything will have jalapeno in it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay at home and watch the game George - throw a party for the same guys - if the Broncos win.

I'm staying at home - because that is the best conditions for watching the game without distraction. I wish my Dad was alive - he and I were the original Bronco fans.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George, you said six CLOSE friends. My invite must've got lost in the mail, let me know what we're doing

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally stay home and watch it alone. Very relieved I was able to suffer alone two years ago (after burning my "lucky" Bronco socks).

I have been invited to a few parties, but I may go to my buddy's party as he lives only a few blocks away in case I need to escape.

I have been through many SB blow outs and remember kicking people out of my own party at halftime of the Redskins debacle. As I have aged, I am able to handle sports disappointments much better.

Some of my best friends will be at the party I am considering. It would be fun to watch the game with them (especially if we win!).

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was initially going to go to my brother's house (who is a Charger fan, lol), because he usually has a big party, but he isn't having one this year. The next plan was to go to a local tap house that has a great selection of beers and awesome food. That fell through, so now I will be watching at home with a few friends, and that is actually the best scenario to see the game. It is so hard to focus on the game in a bar with a lot of people around.

I will be grilling a tri-tip. Probably put it on at high noon. Love me some tri-tip. Also, I will grill a sweet potato and likely some other veggies. I slice the sweet potato into long quarter-inch slices, brush it with olive oil on both sides, and sprinkle on pepper and garlic salt. It's a good hors d'ouvre, and perfect to eat about 3 minutes after pulling it off the grill. I'm getting hungry now. :nod:

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to be in the confines of my own house. If the game goes awry people who are not in my immediate family are subject to throat punches

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to be in the confines of my own house. If the game goes awry people who are not in my immediate family are subject to throat punches

Hey man - house arrest is house arrest - breaking your "conditions" because your team is playing the Super Bowl - hey man that ain't goin to work.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I aren't changing a thing !

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world, I would prefer to watch game alone so I can tell and cuss at Tv and nobody needs to respond or get offended. But last 5 yrs or so it's been my wife and youngest daughter for all Denver games and of course it's nice but I have to keep it on the even Kiel side :) One thing that is always a given though is wings and plenty of beer. Course if any of you guys want to fed-ex me some crab legs and a bottle of Irish whiskey that'll work too! :)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not big on watching Bears games with friends, unless it's a small group of a select couple of guys I know will focus on the game for its duration with me. If I meet a large group at bars for games, it's not fun. Depending on the place, it's often too loud to hear the TV. Side conversations that have nothing to do with the game, from the guys who care less will consume the talk around me.

When they blow, like they have the past two years and aren't playing meaningful games too often, it's more tolerable but still not preferable. Couldn't imagine going to a "typical" SB party to watch the Bears play in one. All the side talk, commercial conversations, women everywhere asking what a holding call is... Ugh...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not big on watching Bears games with friends, unless it's a small group of a select couple of guys I know will focus on the game for its duration with me. If I meet a large group at bars for games, it's not fun. Depending on the place, it's often too loud to hear the TV. Side conversations that have nothing to do with the game, from the guys who care less will consume the talk around me.

When they blow, like they have the past two years and aren't playing meaningful games too often, it's more tolerable but still not preferable. Couldn't imagine going to a "typical" SB party to watch the Bears play in one. All the side talk, commercial conversations, women everywhere asking what a holding call is... Ugh...

I agree nothing quite like watching a game at home. With how up and down any NFL game can be for me I just love that I can let my emotions fly whichever way and not offend those around me. Watching the Broncos Super Bowl last time with 50 people around and little kids everywhere was just about unbearable. Throw in I was the one who organized the thing so couldn't just leave when things got bad. Not making that mistake this year. My parents and my wife will understand all too well that I will want a room to myself or possibly with my daughter to watch the game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- I just can't find myself being able to watch the Broncos around other people minus a few people... Especially not the Super Bowl.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Super Bowl I got out my Bronco jersey collection, my hats, my orange shoes, cheese balls, orange pop, everything orange...

I am a superstitious person and last time we were in the SB I wore the same stocking hat the entire playoffs thinking it was good luck.. This year I promised myself I wouldn't do superstitious things since last time around it got us all the way until the point we were in the SB.

But damnit!

George, go back to Russia!