• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sun Devils 2014 Football Recruiting Class

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eriquel Florence and Anthony Longino were the two JC LBs in last year's class. I don't know anything about Florence but Longino played with the second team this year.

Was actually just watching his HL before I jumped over to this board.. Impressive offer sheet from the likes of Auburn, A&M, Baylor and others. Great size at 6'3" 230lbs (before a year of training). Also has 3 years eligibility (2 now). Should be a starter next year. Better be smart though because he has a lot to learn. Excited to see what he can do.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was actually just watching his HL before I jumped over to this board.. Impressive offer sheet from the likes of Auburn, A&M, Baylor and others. Great size at 6'3" 230lbs (before a year of training). Also has 3 years eligibility (2 now). Should be a starter next year. Better be smart though because he has a lot to learn. Excited to see what he can do.

Lots of pieces Graham will have to move around....... I hope he tells the players not to get to big this year and also not to shift players around to much. Secondary could be good. The D line could be the weakest part.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could be a candidate to play Devilbacker if Bradford leaves. Also can play Will which I like because his size would help in covering big TEs which we struggled with this year.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be a candidate to play Devilbacker if Bradford leaves. Also can play Will which I like because his size would help in covering big TEs which we struggled with this year.

I like Fiso at Will losing a couple pounds more speed at the lb this year and even more beef at the line.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiso is only a freshmen? He was great this year. Lots of new guys and it seems like some good young talent just gotta put them in the right positions and in the right places on the field. Dont gain to much weight this year.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiso is only a freshmen? He was great this year. Lots of new guys and it seems like some good young talent just gotta put them in the right positions and in the right places on the field. Dont gain to much weight this year.

I don't think anyone adding bad weight will be a problem this year. With no starters over 6'1'' they had too this year but Graham has been recruiting good size on defense.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the speed that Erickson had on his defenses! It would be nice to get a 4-5 star mlb again!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mendoza was a great coverage lb get in shape and you could start.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he middle or will Lb? I still think we end up offering Lazarus a scholarship........

Most likely will play Will or Spur.

Supposedly the staff has cooled on Lazarus a bit. I think they're looking at him as more of a fallback right now.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of options at LB, but zero expierence. Calhoun I think will play but won't start.. He has Fiso, Mendoza, Logino, Florence, Rowe, Cox, and the Latu Twins to compete with.

Secondary is probably most concrete. Randall, Ball, Carrington, Wadood/Bishop/Moeak

D-line will be a battle. Hardison, Hood, Onyeali, Cherry, Smith, Jange, Humphreys, Smallwood.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of options at LB, but zero expierence. Calhoun I think will play but won't start.. He has Fiso, Mendoza, Logino, Florence, Rowe, Cox, and the Latu Twins to compete with.

Secondary is probably most concrete. Randall, Ball, Carrington, Wadood/Bishop/Moeak

D-line will be a battle. Hardison, Hood, Onyeali, Cherry, Smith, Jange, Humphreys, Smallwood.

I think the three players who are near guarantees to start in the secondary barring injuries are Randall, Carrington, and James Johnson. Graham has been really high on Johnson all season and I think he takes over for Darby. I think Randall will move to boundry corner and Carrington plays field corner.

Ball or Moeakiola will move to Spur, if not both. If Moeakiola starts at spur then Ball plays free safety, if Ball plays spur I'm not sure who starts at safety. In that scenario the most game ready DB recruit we have coming in would probably start. If he's a CB then Randall plays safety and if he's a safety Randall plays CB.

At LB the only one who is a shoe in is Fiso. There will be a major competition for the other spot on the inside.

If Bradford leaves there's also going to be a big competition for Devilbacker. JC recruit Jonathon Johnson could start. He's a mid year transfer so he'll be able to practice in spring and I really like his measurable and the tape I saw on him. Cox and Onyeali could both be good at this position if they spend some quality time with Coach Griz in the offseason but both have injury concerns.

I really want to see Mendoza and Cox get playing time but I'm not sure if either can stay healthy for a whole season. Cox could play any spot but Spur and Mendoza could play any spot but Devilbacker. After watching the Stanford slot receivers torch Jones I really want the starter at spur to be a converted DB though.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the three players who are near guarantees to start in the secondary barring injuries are Randall, Carrington, and James Johnson. Graham has been really high on Johnson all season and I think he takes over for Darby. I think Randall will move to boundry corner and Carrington plays field corner.

Ball or Moeakiola will move to Spur, if not both. If Moeakiola starts at spur then Ball plays free safety, if Ball plays spur I'm not sure who starts at safety. In that scenario the most game ready DB recruit we have coming in would probably start. If he's a CB then Randall plays safety and if he's a safety Randall plays CB.

At LB the only one who is a shoe in is Fiso. There will be a major competition for the other spot on the inside.

If Bradford leaves there's also going to be a big competition for Devilbacker. JC recruit Jonathon Johnson could start. He's a mid year transfer so he'll be able to practice in spring and I really like his measurable and the tape I saw on him. Cox and Onyeali could both be good at this position if they spend some quality time with Coach Griz in the offseason but both have injury concerns.

I really want to see Mendoza and Cox get playing time but I'm not sure if either can stay healthy for a whole season. Cox could play any spot but Spur and Mendoza could play any spot but Devilbacker. After watching the Stanford slot receivers torch Jones I really want the starter at spur to be a converted DB though.

Nice breakdown 08. I like it.

Johnson's size and physicality at Saftey immediately would make ASU a tougher Defense. I also like Randall and Carrington at CB. I personally would prefer a ball hawk type of player as our second S, and if Ball is as advertised, I wouldn't mind him at S next year... He'd really have to prove to me that he can move though.. That's a BIG safety group.. Lol

Spur is a good question. I like Mendoza there tentatively (since I've only seen him play two games). He seems to be a smart kid and athletic enough for the position. At Will, that's easy, it's Fiso's spot to lose. Sam is where Calhoun/Longino/Florence/Cox will get a look in my opinion.

D-line is all about size for Graham you can tell.. Hood should get the spot at Nose but who knows (pun intended). I like Hardison at DE (his natural position) and DT is completely up in the air.

Bradford stays IMO.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of pieces Graham will have to move around....... I hope he tells the players not to get to big this year and also not to shift players around to much. Secondary could be good. The D line could be the weakest part.

No problem with getting too big and trimming down... Not a fan of keeping competition open until the last week of camp though. Graham needs to find his guys and stick with them.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great analysis gentlemen! I learned a lot.
I cannot wait to one day witness Manny Wilkins @ on the field. We have much work to do after we get this bowl game behind us.
Do you guys think Demario Richards is too small? I watched a few highlights on him and he can really move like the wind.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot wait to one day witness Manny Wilkins @ on the field. We have much work to do after we get this bowl game behind us.
Do you guys think Demario Richards is too small? I watched a few highlights on him and he can really move like the wind.

Thanks Fork,

Demario reminds me a lot of pre-gunshot Deantre Lewis. If you remember Deantre's freshman year he earned the nickname "lightning" while Marshall was "thunder." I don't think he can be an every down back for us though, I just don't... He's 5'10" and a questionable 200 lbs.. Williams would have been a better every down back for us. If you recall, Williams decommited from ASU after Richard commited and I'm curious if that has more to do with Richard or Williams new offer to LSU. My family from La went a game and watched Williams play and had nothing but good things to say. At 6'1" the kid might be just as fast as Richard with more talent. I guess he was still visited by the staff so don't count him out yet. Also, he'd be LSU's 3rd RB in their class.. I still want him bad! Especially because we'd like to be a more twin set team.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His size shouldn't be a problem. There's a good chance we also land 6'2'' RB Kalen Ballage who runs a 4.37 40. That duo would tear up the Pac. In short yardage situations we have Nelson and 230 pound Terrell Davis when Nelson graduates. Darrel Williams is also still in play but I'm not holding my breath.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Fork,

Demario reminds me a lot of pre-gunshot Deantre Lewis. If you remember Deantre's freshman year he earned the nickname "lightning" while Marshall was "thunder." I don't think he can be an every down back for us though, I just don't... He's 5'10" and a questionable 200 lbs.. Williams would have been a better every down back for us. If you recall, Williams decommited from ASU after Richard commited and I'm curious if that has more to do with Richard or Williams new offer to LSU. My family from La went a game and watched Williams play and had nothing but good things to say. At 6'1" the kid might be just as fast as Richard with more talent. I guess he was still visited by the staff so don't count him out yet. Also, he'd be LSU's 3rd RB in their class.. I still want him bad! Especially because we'd like to be a more twin set team.

LSU offered him as an athlete so they probably want him at LB. If the offer him at HB he'd probably commit on the spot. If they manage to pull a kid of that caliber out of SEC territory the entire staff needs a raise. He has a visit scheduled at some point.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks WhoDat and 08'!
We will see I guess. Bottom line we need to be deep in RB's and DL.