• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Summer of 2016

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys have patience because that is the year when the Lakers will try to get back on top again. I had my opinions on a plan B where we could sign some key guys to large 2 year deals, and there were names to still to be had in free agency, but the Lakers plan B was to sit back, gather assests and have another year like last year, while trying to see if we can land a home run trade/free agent in 2015 or 16. Their flaw is that they believe that 2015 a little too much. In all likelyhood(pending on what else happens around the league) if Kevin Love goes to a contender like Cleveland, it'll be 2016 when Durant and possibly Anthony Davis will be on the board. I'm one that said that I was in it for the long haul, and I stand by that. Doesn't matter how long it is, with how we got into the Carmelo race, I now feel more confident in saying that we'll get back to contending once again...may take some time, but we'll be back.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys have patience because that is the year when the Lakers will try to get back on top again. I had my opinions on a plan B where we could sign some key guys to large 2 year deals, and there were names to still to be had in free agency, but the Lakers plan B was to sit back, gather assests and have another year like last year, while trying to see if we can land a home run trade/free agent in 2015 or 16. Their flaw is that they believe that 2015 a little too much. In all likelyhood(pending on what else happens around the league) if Kevin Love goes to a contender like Cleveland, it'll be 2016 when Durant and possibly Anthony Davis will be on the board. I'm one that said that I was in it for the long haul, and I stand by that. Doesn't matter how long it is, with how we got into the Carmelo race, I now feel more confident in saying that we'll get back to contending once again...may take some time, but we'll be back.

Not me. I have no confidence in Jim B. Free agents are turning the Lakers down like never before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I have no confidence in Jim B. Free agents are turning the Lakers down like never before.
It seems like he is taking a backseat to Jeanie, which is a benefit to everyone

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to how long kobe bryant will sit there and not ask to be traded with a subpar roster

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think he'll start whining about after 25 games or so when there record is like 9 and 16 or something close to that. He stated he doesn't want to be a part of any rebuilding process and since the Lakers didn't get his buddy Anthony or LeBron and he is probably going to lose Gasol, the message is rather clear. You Kobe are going to be a part of a rebuild whether you like it or not.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. Patience is key.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron wasn't really in the mix. Melo was always a long shot. Dwight was a head case of his own. I don't agree with notion that no one wants to play here anymore. The right situation just hasn't come along yet.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron wasn't really in the mix. Melo was always a long shot. Dwight was a head case of his own. I don't agree with notion that no one wants to play here anymore. The right situation just hasn't come along yet.

Agree with most of it. I think Lebron and Melo would have given more consideration if the Lakers had a better team. Lakers took a shot with Howard/Nash and it backfired miserably.

The only realistic show Lakers have at Love is if he doesn't get traded to a team he wants. Otherwise there's nobody else in 2015 that's gonna make a big difference. So probably will be sucky for 2 more years. The only thing interesting will be the development of Randle and the bitching of Kobe.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think your current roster has to be appealing for star to join. If we are sitting here with a similar roster next season or 2016 I can't see a durant even considering lakers

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think your current roster has to be appealing for star to join. If we are sitting here with a similar roster next season or 2016 I can't see a durant even considering lakers

Let's hope Randle turns out to be a stud. That would help the appeal.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you right it does depend on the roster to attract stars, but I don't see this roster improving much in the next two years. Moreover, Jerry had the respect of the players in the past along with the the Laker tradition. Even when the Lakers sucked they could turn it around quickly with free agents. I am not so sure they can turn this thing around in two years.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you right it does depend on the roster to attract stars, but I don't see this roster improving much in the next two years. Moreover, Jerry had the respect of the players in the past along with the the Laker tradition. Even when the Lakers sucked they could turn it around quickly with free agents. I am not so sure they can turn this thing around in two years.

There was a pretty lengthy gap during the 90s until they pulled in Shaq. Things didn't always turn around quickly with Jerry.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a pretty lengthy gap during the 90s until they pulled in Shaq. Things didn't always turn around quickly with Jerry.

Exactly. And Shaq was the last huge star FA the Lakers signed. Howard and Gasol came via trades.

I think the Lakers have the right plan. Lure a superstar with the promise of building a super team around him with players he wants.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And Shaq was the last huge star FA the Lakers signed. Howard and Gasol came via trades.

I think the Lakers have the right plan. Lure a superstar with the promise of building a super team around him with players he wants.

I think we have to draft a superstar and build around him. That is the way it is done. We need a top 5 pick in 2015. That is a big man class.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I think the Lakers need to abandon running after star free agents as THE primary way of building a team. They should follow the Icon's model in GS even though he gets tempted from time-to-time. This is a product of short buss's thinking who gutted the scouting department a couple of years ago and I am not sure it has been returned to its heyday.

WE need to find our own stars and build this team from the draft and undrafted FAs. That is one of the reasons for the D-league and the summer leagues. Hoping into the future is just getting more difficult and short-changing our development for the long-term.

Yea Dr. Buss brought in the established star and added to them with other pieces but I think that formula may have to be adjusted to today's league where GM's are far more savvy with the CBA. I think even Pat Riley is discovering that the days of bringing in the superstars are dwindling because now everyone wants to do that.

Find the young players who have superstar potential and rebuild the team's coaching and scouting infrastructure similar to what San Antonio has been doing for years.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I think the Lakers need to abandon running after star free agents as THE primary way of building a team. They should follow the Icon's model in GS even though he gets tempted from time-to-time. This is a product of short buss's thinking who gutted the scouting department a couple of years ago and I am not sure it has been returned to its heyday.

WE need to find our own stars and build this team from the draft and undrafted FAs. That is one of the reasons for the D-league and the summer leagues. Hoping into the future is just getting more difficult and short-changing our development for the long-term.

Yea Dr. Buss brought in the established star and added to them with other pieces but I think that formula may have to be adjusted to today's league where GM's are far more savvy with the CBA. I think even Pat Riley is discovering that the days of bringing in the superstars are dwindling because now everyone wants to do that.

Find the young players who have superstar potential and rebuild the team's coaching and scouting infrastructure similar to what San Antonio has been doing for years.

You are on point!!:agree: Find our own superstar in the draft (Kobe) and go from there. I don't like following the Mav way by clearing cap space to chase after free agents. Cuben needs to realize, It's Dallas!!! They don't want to come there LOL

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to draft a superstar and build around him. That is the way it is done. We need a top 5 pick in 2015. That is a big man class.

The problem is the Lakers lack of draft picks. The 2015 pick is top 5 protected but the Lakers played like shit last season and still only ended up with the #7 pick. If Kobe is playing no way he just lets the Lakers lose.

So if the Lakers are waiting to draft a superstar they might be waiting a long time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEa we need to quit chasing these so-called superstars and find our own through the draft and build this team for the long-term which I have stated before.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: It looks like, Lakers won't be contending during the last 2 years of Kobe's contract. It's best for now, to just keep acquiring assets, so by the time 2016 rolls around, we might have a shot at a star FA. If not we have to built through the draft & stop trading away our picks "ENOUGH OF THAT".

In the meantime, let's just enjoy Kobe's final years, and hope for the best. GO LAKERS!:suds: