• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suicide leagues

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picks I liked:
Michael Thomas in the 6th.
Adam Thielen in the 7th.
Cam Akers in the 5th.
Stefon Diggs in the 2nd.

Picks I questioned:
Justin Jefferson as 1st WR off the board. Capitalized on Thielen being out. New coaching staff has to prove itself.
Cordarelle Patterson in the 4th. 31 years-old. Team is in rebuild. No Matty Ice to keep defenses in check.
Any rookie selected. There were 8. You can tout about Hall and Walker's situation all you want. But they are a part of sub-par offenses. They'd have to do really really well to make an impact in a standard scoring league on a bad offense, without a committee.
Taysom Hill - Lisfranc injuries tend to nag. Banking on him as your only TE is too risky.
Gronk - Will he rejoin the GOAT? Probably. But there's enough doubt to have considered another TE as insurance.
Justin Tucker in the 7th. Ok, sure they guy is one of the best. However, the difference between the best kicker and the 10th-best kicker was an average of 2.1 points per game which does not justify such an early selection. Plus, there were 6 kickers better than him in 2021.

Missing:
No one drafted Kareem Hunt.
Or as monkey pointed out, Zach Ertz. Sure he misses time, but he is a redzone target.
Jameis Winston - not even as a backup? All those weapons on the Saints he can rack up some decent yardage as a one-week fill-in.

I saw Hunt near the end of the draft and thought WTH, but I needed WRs at that point.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet you guys didn't expect so much criticism from Treff and I since we didn't join the league, lol

Now I'll critique Treff's response

@TREFF - you'd take Godwin over viable options at WR in a league where you can't make transactions? That's insane, he won't even be cleared to take the field until mid-Oct, let alone be game ready

I like seeing Swift detractors cause a big portion of the fantasy community loves the kid, and its important to consider all outcomes. He was really good last yr before he got hurt, but agree his value is a lot greater in half for full ppr
Oops, forgot about Godwins injury..my bad..take one of the dozen names I'd take over Waddle and St. Brown off the list :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well then ---- knowing im your fave hockey hoser makes it all better...

i got sniped by obx as javonte was my next pick at Swift from there i didnt want to own the others as i own them elsewhere

also if he stays on the field im banking on the ugly garbage time

same goes for doublA Brown as i own (elsewhere) the receivers that followed and trust me here i was grabbing Higgins when Tlance beat me to the punch

and now it is time for my annual steal of Chef's fave line...

Its Suicide I Tell Ya
Subscribing to that Milk garbage time philosophy, eh? Good luck to ya :)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thx my D just went from 10th to 2nd best according to fantrax:suds:
Could've added the Ravens DST to my favorites. :thumb:
Especially after doing the offensive rankings for all opponents.
Ravens DST has the easiest schedule against offenses.
Their opponents roughly average 12.2 points a game. Without trying, that might be 7 points each week just for that.

Last edited:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF ya just made me check some stats

and believe me my draft was on the spot

most times my turn for 2 picks came up at work

i looked in to see im up and picked as i cannot be on the phone while working.. and believe me i picked seconds after knowing im up

ya ya now you can come back with it shows (d'oh)

so anyhow am i wrong here both Swift/Williams 13 games

williams 153 att rb 601 yards
swift 151 att rb 617 yards

receiving williams 26-157
swift 62-452

so no ppr points swift 1069 yards
williams 858 yards

as for the players that followed in the round i have stakes in all of them except Founette and i went Swift..

i do know my football genius or lack of pales in comparison to you dna soaked nflers.. but

i do think Swift if healthy can score as well as most drafted after him here except 1 or 2 that i didnt want as i own them elsewhere ie DoublEE

and i thought about Jacobs as i have no stake anywhere else but figured Adams well change that game plan..

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I love about this board. Honest criticism. :yo:

I've said it a bunch over the years, this is THE spot if you want to take your fantasy game up a notch, and I think everyone here benefits greatly in their home leagues from the discussions here.

I for one love going into the fantasy season as a sharpened samurai sword vs a dinged up, rusty, dull lawn mower blade

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle simple question I was wondering about. A few days ago I mentioned that keeping at least a 2 rounds a day average in a slow draft is a good speed and you put a mindblown smiley on it. What did it mean? No issues on my side with any answer, just made me wonder knowing you do not like slow draft.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle simple question I was wondering about. A few days ago I mentioned that keeping at least a 2 rounds a day average in a slow draft is a good speed and you put a mindblown smiley on it. What did it mean? No issues on my side with any answer, just made me wonder knowing you do not like slow draft.
this is the fastest one ive ever been in Now it being so early probably has alot to do with it since most a dying for some FF:suds:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the fastest one ive ever been in Now it being so early probably has alot to do with it since most a dying for some FF:suds:

The D2 rookie draft this year was one of the slowest ones I have been involved in. Started to get to me and they very seldom get to me. @HaroldSeattle and me have had discussions on them in the past, because of our vast disagreement in the time they take.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember what I was thinking when I did that. You are right, I don't get a lot pleasure out of slow drafts that drag on to long, but I've tried to not complain out loud about it anymore.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF ya just made me check some stats

and believe me my draft was on the spot

most times my turn for 2 picks came up at work

i looked in to see im up and picked as i cannot be on the phone while working.. and believe me i picked seconds after knowing im up

ya ya now you can come back with it shows (d'oh)

so anyhow am i wrong here both Swift/Williams 13 games

williams 153 att rb 601 yards
swift 151 att rb 617 yards

receiving williams 26-157
swift 62-452

so no ppr points swift 1069 yards
williams 858 yards

as for the players that followed in the round i have stakes in all of them except Founette and i went Swift..

i do know my football genius or lack of pales in comparison to you dna soaked nflers.. but

i do think Swift if healthy can score as well as most drafted after him here except 1 or 2 that i didnt want as i own them elsewhere ie DoublEE

and i thought about Jacobs as i have no stake anywhere else but figured Adams well change that game plan..
Well I hope it's not taken too seriously...I mean everytime one of these guys runs any of my rosters through fantasy pros or whatever, I'm generally on the bottom, and im seemingly always either in the playoffs or in contention .

Beauty, eye of the beholder, one man's trash/treasure, all that jazz.

As to Swift Williams, it really doesn't matter too much as the overall point being was they have a damned near dead even split in usage in the run game, and without the PPR bump, all those other RB's who are used more around 66% or higher in their backfield, imho, would have been more preferable. But again..that's just my thoughts, and you know just as well as everyone else on this board, I'm wrong at least as often, if not more often, than anyone else :)
I'm just bored this morning

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in that vein of im just bored and it's just my opinion..baring in mind that I've already totally spaced Godwins injury so I'll likely screw up a few others too..I'll start my team by team reviews, in no order other than, 1st pick to 12th.
-not bothering with kickers
-everything is dependent on assuming healthy rosters through the year

Barilko-
Qb Prescott
Rb Taylor
Rb Swift
Wr Diggs
Wr Waddle
Wr A. St. Brown
TE Waller
Dst Patriots

No point in rehashing all of the above. A near elite QB in Prescott, what should be the best RB in Taylor, an exceptional WR1, a top 3 TE, and NE seems to always be a top 10 D regardless of the personnel.
While I may not like the RB2, or any of the WR's outside of Diggs, this should still be a real solid team. Definite shot at the playoffs.

C+

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obx-
Qb Mahommes
Rb king Henry
Rb J. Williams
Wr DK Metcalf
Wr DJ Moore
Wr E. Moore
Te Goedart
Dst Bengals D

Doesn't get any better at QB. Henry has every bit the same chance at #1RB as Taylor does, J. Williams is likely a top end RB2, possibly more, even with Gordon around. WR's are a little skeptical though, mostly due to poor QB play, or expected poor QB play. Metcalf, stud without a QB, DJ Moore, damned near a stud with crap QB. And E. Moore, I'm not sold on at all regardless, but again, no Bueno at QB. TE, TJ Hock is just on the outside of the top tiered TE's, and the Bengals D could be very stingy, especially with 4 games vs the Steelers and Trubs/rookie, and the run run Ravens (who while not bad offensively, are not high scoring in general), and at minimum, one, maybe two vs the Browns and Brissett depending on Watsons suspension..thats possibly 6 of 17 games of probable suspect offenses in the scoring department, and that's just the divisional stuff

Grade B- at least one WR with a brighter outlook in regards to their QB situation would've made a big difference for me.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AllStar
Qb Allen
Rb Ekeler
Rb Jacobs
Wr Evans
Wr Pittman
Wr T. Lockett
Te Geisiki
Dst Pitt

Well, right off the bat this one gets docked 2/3's letter grade for drafting a kicker in the single digit rounds.
Allen, Rockstar stud
Ekeler, slightly suspect in a non ppr given the drafting of Spiller, who, pre combine was considered among the top 3-5 rookies coming in. Surely the Chargers are hoping to save wear and tear on thier best RB, and Spiller will get some dirty work..I e. Vulturing a few TD's.
Jacobs, supremely undervalued by most everyone around these parts. Gets all the meaningful work, and Josh McD loves running the ball effectively, with one lead and some compliments, if he's got the personel, and he does. An absolute steal here. Wouldve been my pick if the draft if nor for the utter shame of Walker going where he did.
Wr's are solid all through, Evans a stud, especially with Godwin out for a bit. Pittman taking steps towards being elite, and Locket, while having QB issues, is a crap QB's best friend, always where he's supposed to be, when he's supposed to be there, will accumulate numbers, perfectly fine as a wr3.
TE I'm not sure about, Tyreek in Miami throws everything out if whack. But he's a very good TE, so it's not a negative spot here.
Pitt, always solid, even when not all that great.

Grade B-, would've been a B+ if not for the automatic deduction. :)

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope it's not taken too seriously...I mean everytime one of these guys runs any of my rosters through fantasy pros or whatever, I'm generally on the bottom, and im seemingly always either in the playoffs or in contention .

Beauty, eye of the beholder, one man's trash/treasure, all that jazz.

As to Swift Williams, it really doesn't matter too much as the overall point being was they have a damned near dead even split in usage in the run game, and without the PPR bump, all those other RB's who are used more around 66% or higher in their backfield, imho, would have been more preferable. But again..that's just my thoughts, and you know just as well as everyone else on this board, I'm wrong at least as often, if not more often, than anyone else :)
I'm just bored this morning

My :2cents: on Swift vs Williams. Early in the season Williams was doing more than Swift, but as the season wore on Swift got more touches. At least that is the way I remember it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My :2cents: on Swift vs Williams. Early in the season Williams was doing more than Swift, but as the season wore on Swift got more touches. At least that is the way I remember it.
Hard to really say..
Early on he was averaging 12-13 carries, until that 33 carry game vs PIT mid season, two weeks later he goes down, misses 4 games, and gets 11 total carries the final 2 weeks. Between the Pitt game and the Clev. Game, both losses, over a third of Swifts rushing numbers all year were in that two week span

Last edited: