• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suicide leagues

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those guys had realistic competition for the starting job..Hall does. And even though he's likely to be handed the "starters" job regardless, Carter isn't just going to fade away. No one else on that list had a comparable backfield mate

The guy that did an excellent job over the last few years getting me to understand that these day 3 RBs are the most replaceable guys on a roster is now pumping a day 3 RB over the first RB drafted this year? Wild time to be alive!

But for real, you were an influence in the way I changed my perspective on dynasty roster strategy in helping me realize to not hold the unimpressive RBs. Hall has a much better receiving profile coming out than Carter did, giving him a great potential ceiling in the days of the RBBC world we live in.

In standard scoring with the RB animals in this draft, Hall, Eli, and Dobbins were great picks as late as they were

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh..well now it makes sense, I hadn't had a chance to dig into what was going on in the draft at the moment. Yeah whomever took Cook before him already has an F in my unbiased draft analysis and grading :) I can see Singletary and Penny, don't agree, but get it.

Melvin Gordon, Mattison, Ronnie Jones, Edmonds....F's all around...but especially J Cook and Edmonds...who is at best the 3rd RB in Miami...ughh
im fine with picking cook

hes dalvins brother
im a big ga fan so a homer pick

Bills signed second-round RB James Cook to a four-year contract.​

While Brandon Beane said they viewed Cook as a "sub back," there's still plenty of upside here. Devin Singletary will be penciled in for a big share of the carries, but Matt Breida is gone and Zack Moss could be on the outs. Duke Johnson was the only signed free agent, and he's also a "sub back" in the parlance Beane used. Cook has a chance to claim a majority share of this backfield by the end of the season. The Bills signed their entire draft class before rookie minicamp.

as for dobbins people been high on him for years but so far meh

hall plays for the jets enough said lol
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/67180/breece-hall

The Athletic's Connor Hughes believes the Jets will use Breece Hall and Michael Carter as a one-two punch.​

It makes sense that the Jets plan to continue to incorporate Carter. The 2021 fourth-round pick was a pleasant surprise as a rookie, to the point that Hall felt like a luxury pick. However, the Jets were never going to commit to him, with Hughes believing that the Jets "will deploy a running back by committee as long as Mike LaFleur is their offensive coordinator." This season Hughes expects Hall to start, with Carter spelling him.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that did an excellent job over the last few years getting me to understand that these day 3 RBs are the most replaceable guys on a roster is now pumping a day 3 RB over the first RB drafted this year? Wild time to be alive!

But for real, you were an influence in the way I changed my perspective on dynasty roster strategy in helping me realize to not hold the unimpressive RBs. Hall has a much better receiving profile coming out than Carter did, giving him a great potential ceiling in the days of the RBBC world we live in.

In standard scoring with the RB animals in this draft, Hall, Eli, and Dobbins were great picks as late as they were
'Over Hall' may be an exaggeration of my intentions, I'm merely saying, Carter is a capable, NFL caliber RB, and while Hall will most likely be handed the starters role, Carter is still there, will still be getting touches. Whereas, every other name on that list had no real competition already on the roster, when they were drafted.
And to be fair, Carter is no longer just a day 3 RB, he's an NFL vet who's proven his worth to be on a roster, running and receiving (weeks 7 and 8 he combined for 23 targets, 17 catches, and 150 yds, all he needs is Mike White playing QB, and he could lead RB's in receptions) ...which Hall, as bally-hooed as he is, has not yet. As Joe might say, the known vs the unknown- in this case, the known isn't half bad at all, why go for the unknown?
And honestly, Carter never should've been a day 3 pick, he should've been taken by Miami with either of their 3 day 2 picks, or by SF over Sermon, but thats a different debate. Personally, I had Carter as the #4 RB predraft, #3 RB after the draft, flipping he and his UNC teamate, given the Jets had crap, and Denver had Gordon.

Thanks for the shout out ...it is awfully rare to find a RB who blossoms later in career, Thomas Jones, written off as a mega bust, then turned his shit around in year 5, is about the only example that comes to my mind, and he was a #1. Even the hidden gem UDFA RB's, it's apparent as soon as they're given a chance as to wether they're legit or not. You stash a few late round guys you have a hunch on, and if nothing comes of it after year 1, you move on with a different few late round guys. If they haven't flashed serious potential year one, it's likely because they don't have it.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hes dalvins brother

While Brandon Beane said they viewed Cook as a "sub back," there's still plenty of upside here. Devin Singletary will be penciled in for a big share of the carries, but Matt Breida is gone and Zack Moss could be on the outs. Duke Johnson was the only signed free agent, and he's also a "sub back" in the parlance Beane used. Cook has a chance to claim a majority share of this backfield by the end of the season. The Bills signed their entire draft class before rookie minicamp.

Breece Hall - New York Jets - news and analysis, statistics, game logs, depth charts, contracts, injuries

The Athletic's Connor Hughes believes the Jets will use Breece Hall and Michael Carter as a one-two punch.​

It makes sense that the Jets plan to continue to incorporate Carter. The 2021 fourth-round pick was a pleasant surprise as a rookie, to the point that Hall felt like a luxury pick. However, the Jets were never going to commit to him, with Hughes believing that the Jets "will deploy a running back by committee as long as Mike LaFleur is their offensive coordinator." This season Hughes expects Hall to start, with Carter spelling him.
Hopefully you totally get I'm flipping everyone shit :)
Cook is an intriguing pick, he could be this years Kamara- drafted to a team that didn't really need him, and boom. Or, maybe not, but I'll be keeping a keen eye on him through camp and preseason.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully you totally get I'm flipping everyone shit :)
Cook is an intriguing pick, he could be this years Kamara- drafted to a team that didn't really need him, and boom. Or, maybe not, but I'll be keeping a keen eye on him through camp and preseason.
if only without his problems of course:suds:
maybe him and watson can play golf this season

ProFootballTalk reports that Alvin Kamara's April 25th hearing has been moved to August 1st.​

Kamara and three others are facing a felony charge as a result of an incident that occurred the night before the Pro Bowl, resulting in Kamara's arrest for "battery resulting in substantial bodily harm." The lawyers for Kamara and the other defendants had requested additional time to review evidence, pushing the hearing back until August. The NFL is likely to let the legal situation play out before administering a suspension or fine related to the charges.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hes dalvins brother

Breece Hall - New York Jets - news and analysis, statistics, game logs, depth charts, contracts, injuries

The one thing I will say about Dobbins compared to Cook. Dobbins has one year under his belt - 800 and 9 TD’s - and RB1 for BAL. Cook hasn’t played a snap in the NFL and he is RB2 for BUF. Even if Cook breaks out, Dobbins was the right pick for me based on the information I know. Same with Mitchell, he has something to go off. Cook isn’t quite in the same situation as a CEH or Taylor. He’s gotta fight for RB1 which in itself takes his production down already for year 1. Those guys were getting the bulk from day 1

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I will say about Dobbins compared to Cook. Dobbins has one year under his belt - 800 and 9 TD’s - and RB1 for BAL. Cook hasn’t played a snap in the NFL and he is RB2 for BUF. Even if Cook breaks out, Dobbins was the right pick for me based on the information I know. Same with Mitchell, he has something to go off. Cook isn’t quite in the same situation as a CEH or Taylor. He’s gotta fight for RB1 which in itself takes his production down already for year 1. Those guys were getting the bulk from day 1

Go make your last two picks.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos for execution on zero-ish RB strategy @MilkSpiller22

These guys will regret letting you get Breece Hall as late as you did if he plays at least 14-16 games this yr
well he did draft 3 before i drafted 2... thus I used "The Ol' I Don't Know What I'm Doing" strategy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some gutsy picks late.
You guys know this is suicide, right?

Just want to thanks everyone for not picking the players i picked. Much appreciated. Love my team.
Not gutsy when I have “inside sources” Gronk is coming back

Im Out Amy Poehler GIF by FOX TV

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some gutsy picks late.
You guys know this is suicide, right?

Just want to thanks everyone for not picking the players i picked. Much appreciated. Love my team.
Btw I love your team too. Mine….meh not so much

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to give a quick shout out to @MilkSpiller22 for giving me the courage to be bold.

Good draft guys and GL

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gutsy when I have “inside sources” Gronk is coming back

Im Out Amy Poehler GIF by FOX TV
Yeah, i was looking at you and @molsaniceman
You have zero TE and then you pick a guy who isnt even on a team!?!? Hope your sources are accurate.
As for molsan's pick of Hill, i actually considered him instead of my Dawson Knox pick, but recovering from those lysfranc injuries can be tricky.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i was looking at you and @molsaniceman
You have zero TE and then you pick a guy who isnt even on a team!?!? Hope your sources are accurate.
As for molsan's pick of Hill, i actually considered him instead of my Dawson Knox pick, but recovering from those lysfranc injuries can be tricky.
Yeah I waited on TE and then all the top TE’s were gone so I said, it’s either Henry or Gronk. Not a fan of Henry but that was the safe pick. Definitely could backfire with Gronk but he follows Tommy boy. I would be surprised if he doesn’t show up at some point

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I waited on TE and then all the top TE’s were gone so I said, it’s either Henry or Gronk. Not a fan of Henry but that was the safe pick. Definitely could backfire with Gronk but he follows Tommy boy. I would be surprised if he doesn’t show up at some point
Was also leaning Cole Kmet. Would have been accused as a homer pick, but other than Mooney, the only other familiar target is Kmet. He had almost 100 targets last season. Not too shabby.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent way too much time waffling on my last pick in an inconsequential league… Fantasy man lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could have been worse. He could be #2 in targets on his team
Yep that’s what it came down to. I even pestered Treff about it & he graciously humored me.

The LV WR depth chart doesn’t tell me that Renfrow’s snaps are going to decrease, but his target share certainly takes a hit. Being the 3rd option can be looked at 2 ways… Less targets, or Adam’s & Waller open things up underneath more. How it shakes out is hard to say. But a couple things are for sure: Vegas plays in an insane division that could see a lot of shootouts, and Carr trusts Renfrow the most.