• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suicide leagues

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1654874347605-png.298695

Joe - Dawson Knox
Mols - Baltimore DST
SP - Ronald Jones
Face - Indianapolis DST
@MilkSpiller22 - OTC
@tlance - OD
@All-Star Bench Warmer - ITH
@obxyankeefan - if he was a spice, he'd be flour
Vanilla

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos for execution on zero-ish RB strategy @MilkSpiller22

These guys will regret letting you get Breece Hall as late as you did if he plays at least 14-16 games this yr

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These guys will regret letting you get Breece Hall as late as you did if he plays at least 14-16 games this yr
I was surprise to see Walker last this long. Even J. Cook went ahead of him. This is a standard scoring league right? Singletary went ahead of him, Penny went ahead of him. It was why I was wondering if @TREFF was watching. True Walker may not start immediately but soon, very soon and in the mean time get plenty of work.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprise to see Walker last this long. Even J. Cook went ahead of him. This is a standard scoring league right? Singletary went ahead of him, Penny went ahead of him. It was why I was wondering if @TREFF was watching. True Walker may not start immediately but soon, very soon and in the mean time get plenty of work.
Ohhh..well now it makes sense, I hadn't had a chance to dig into what was going on in the draft at the moment. Yeah whomever took Cook before him already has an F in my unbiased draft analysis and grading :) I can see Singletary and Penny, don't agree, but get it.

Melvin Gordon, Mattison, Ronnie Jones, Edmonds....F's all around...but especially J Cook and Edmonds...who is at best the 3rd RB in Miami...ughh

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger upside than Mitchell or Dobbins?

Dobbins pick has the proper injury hesitancy baked in to where you got him, and Eli Mitchell has an insane wide range of outcomes as the SF RB - could easily be a top 10-12 guy, but also could easily be an RB3 type all year if they decide they like TDP or Sermon or anyone else on a Shanahan whim. That guy's never had the same RB lead his team in back-to-back seasons and Eli led the team last year (think someone else mentioned that on the boards here in the last few weeks)

BAL RB lack of involvement in the passing game also hurts Dobbins ceiling tremendously - even in standard scoring, the RBs that see targets and carries have a better shot at outproducing the pure runners - Chubbs of the world are rare and not sure Dobbins hits 1200-1300yds rushing so he'll need the TDs vs LJax running them in, but if LJax is playing for a new deal, or hell, even if he's playing on a new mega deal, I think @averagejoe was correct in his assessment that LJax wants the ball in his hands to score/win, he doesn't want to give it to a RB if he can avoid it.

As for Breece Hall....
Najee Harris - RB4
CEH - RB22 (JTaylor was RB4, and let's be real, he's the true RB1 of that class, not this poser)
Jacobs - RB14
Barkley - RB2
Fournette - RB8
Zeke - RB2

looks like outside of Reid/Mahomes galaxy braining themselves out of taking the best RB in the class as the 1st one, the 1st RB off the board seems to have a damn good track record of success in their rookie seasons over the last 6yrs. Draft capital is a little concerning, but not as much with the de-valuation of the RB position by NFL front offices.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbins pick has the proper injury hesitancy baked in to where you got him, and Eli Mitchell has an insane wide range of outcomes as the SF RB - could easily be a top 10-12 guy, but also could easily be an RB3 type all year if they decide they like TDP or Sermon or anyone else on a Shanahan whim. That guy's never had the same RB lead his team in back-to-back seasons and Eli led the team last year (think someone else mentioned that on the boards here in the last few weeks)

BAL RB lack of involvement in the passing game also hurts Dobbins ceiling tremendously - even in standard scoring, the RBs that see targets and carries have a better shot at outproducing the pure runners - Chubbs of the world are rare and not sure Dobbins hits 1200-1300yds rushing so he'll need the TDs vs LJax running them in, but if LJax is playing for a new deal, or hell, even if he's playing on a new mega deal, I think @averagejoe was correct in his assessment that LJax wants the ball in his hands to score/win, he doesn't want to give it to a RB if he can avoid it.

As for Breece Hall....
Najee Harris - RB4
CEH - RB22 (JTaylor was RB4, and let's be real, he's the true RB1 of that class, not this poser)
Jacobs - RB14
Barkley - RB2
Fournette - RB8
Zeke - RB2

looks like outside of Reid/Mahomes galaxy braining themselves out of taking the best RB in the class as the 1st one, the 1st RB off the board seems to have a damn good track record of success in their rookie seasons over the last 6yrs. Draft capital is a little concerning, but not as much with the de-valuation of the RB position by NFL front offices.
None of those guys had realistic competition for the starting job..Hall does. And even though he's likely to be handed the "starters" job regardless, Carter isn't just going to fade away. No one else on that list had a comparable backfield mate

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn’t really execute it as well as I was hoping. I panicked a few times and I was planning on picking 5 backs in a row from round 5 to round 9. But other things got in my way.

But honestly. I think this is the best strategy for suicide. Even if it’s standard.

Running backs are opportunity based so having depth is key. Wr is not. If you have the elite wrs you just play them all the time barring injury. And the more depth you have in choosing the right Wr the more you will make mistakes in starting the wrong one.

Backs are always easier to choose wsis.

A second little strategy I had was to load on one bye week. This will allow me to give that one week up and not care about bye week replacements. Especially at positions I don’t have depth at.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for Breece Hall....
Najee Harris - RB4
Jacobs - RB14
Barkley - RB2
Fournette - RB8
Zeke - RB2

Pretty much agree with all this. Well said :suds: BUT Hall has competition still.
Mitchell really doesn’t it appears.
Dobbins like you said, always Lamar and Gus in RZ

I did get both those guys a round in a half later than Hall though

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1654918936377.png