• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dryer broke this week. I googled around and it seemed like something I could fix. Late 2020 it had started making a loud noise, so for $35 bucks or so I bought a kit to replace the roller belt, rollers and a pulley. Then the noise went away before I went further. This time it seemed like the pulley broke or something similar.

I open the dry with the help of a video and none of my expected issues were the problem. Googling further I thought I established the motor was the problem, damn, but only another $100 bucks... Then I saw the real problem. My daughters undies somehow got out of the barrel and wedged themselves inside the motor's blower. I removed the jam, reassembled it and it's drying again.

Some observations along the way...
  1. Why do the instruction videos always miss something obvious? And that obvious something isn't obvious until you missed it.
  2. Why does reassembling remind you of climbing a tree? I always easily got to the top, then couldn't figure out how to get back down.
  3. Why is it every time you grab a ratchet screw driver while one hand is holding something in place, the ratchet is always going in the wrong direction?
  4. On a positive note, I had the perfect opportunity to reassemble the whole thing with my phone inside, but realized in time. It might not be a good thing they include a flashlight.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dryer broke this week. I googled around and it seemed like something I could fix. Late 2020 it had started making a loud noise, so for $35 bucks or so I bought a kit to replace the roller belt, rollers and a pulley. Then the noise went away before I went further. This time it seemed like the pulley broke or something similar.

I open the dry with the help of a video and none of my expected issues were the problem. Googling further I thought I established the motor was the problem, damn, but only another $100 bucks... Then I saw the real problem. My daughters undies somehow got out of the barrel and wedged themselves inside the motor's blower. I removed the jam, reassembled it and it's drying again.

Some observations along the way...
  1. Why do the instruction videos always miss something obvious? And that obvious something isn't obvious until you missed it.
  2. Why does reassembling remind you of climbing a tree? I always easily got to the top, then couldn't figure out how to get back down.
  3. Why is it every time you grab a ratchet screw driver while one hand is holding something in place, the ratchet is always going in the wrong direction?
  4. On a positive note, I had the perfect opportunity to reassemble the whole thing with my phone inside, but realized in time. It might not be a good thing they include a flashlight.
I had a dryer that worked excellent.
However, there were "junk noises" coming from inside it, yes I have 2 daughters.
One day I decided to give this dryer a break by removing all the crap floating inside.
I took it apart and found girls socks, change, and nail polish, among other things.
Cleaned it all out and put it back together. Ran the dryer and it was nice and quiet.
Next morning, a loud noise came from the dryer and it worked no more.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a dryer that worked excellent.
However, there were "junk noises" coming from inside it, yes I have 2 daughters.
One day I decided to give this dryer a break by removing all the crap floating inside.
I took it apart and found girls socks, change, and nail polish, among other things.
Cleaned it all out and put it back together. Ran the dryer and it was nice and quiet.
Next morning, a loud noise came from the dryer and it worked no more.....
The parts are cheap. You could probably could have repaired for $50.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend who repairs appliances. He gets scratch and dent from Home Depot and sells them cheap to friends
I bought a Kitchenaid refrigerator. Retail: $5999. Dent in front door: $2100 Because I bought a washer& dryer, stove and dishwasher: $1800

Total for all five : $4400.

I don't give a shit about the dent. Size, quality, performance, self-closing doors and drawers. Life time manufacturers warrantee.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought a Kitchenaid refrigerator. Retail: $5999. Dent in front door: $2100 Because I bought a washer& dryer, stove and dishwasher: $1800

Total for all five : $4400.

I don't give a shit about the dent. Size, quality, performance, self-closing doors and drawers. Life time manufacturers warrantee.
@Southieinnc got that same model, with the dent removed by his buddy, for $49.99.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan is interviewing for the Broncos DC job.

More footy threads?
Definitely picked the right thread for Rexy.

I guess he'll try anything to beat BB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3