• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[
Well, even ESPN has now admitted it was a farce all along.

Hey look, it’s ESPN admitting DeflateGate was absolute nonsense

Too bad it took this long to admit it.

Like when someone dies and three years later all of the lies that ruined his life are belatedly debunked with no penalties to the people who did it.

Wonder what the ratings would be if Goodell was hung by the neck until dead at the half time show at the SB?

Doesn't really matter what ESPN thinks, say's, does or writes they are the media few of which lean toward honest reporting. The only thing that matters are league findings. I guess if you are looking for some spiritual, courtesy, post punishment blow job this may suffice.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[

Doesn't really matter what ESPN thinks, say's, does or writes they are the media few of which lean toward honest reporting. The only thing that matters are league findings. I guess if you are looking for some spiritual, courtesy, post punishment blow job this may suffice.

Well, beside you, Hammerdown and that reporter in Indianapolis who knew about it before half time, ESPN was the biggest purveyor of guilt.

So yeah. Glad to see one of the four own their idiocy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, beside you, Hammerdown and that reporter in Indianapolis who knew about it before half time, ESPN was the biggest purveyor of guilt.

So yeah. Glad to see one of the four own their idiocy.
ESPN is a media outlet, none of which are to be trusted anymore, it's all about Click Bait and wanting to be the first to break a story or make it the most dramatic. If it gets reviews they did their job.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is a media outlet, none of which are to be trusted anymore, it's all about Click Bait and wanting to be the first to break a story or make it the most dramatic. If it gets reviews they did their job.

And...???

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And...???
And like I said they had nothing to do with the what the Pats did or didn't do, or what the league did. Retractions to stories now a day are as common as a cold day in February. ESPN was just doing their job I hold them accountable to nothing other than sub par reporting which as I said is pretty common today.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said they had nothing to do with the what the Pats did or didn't do, or what the league did. Retractions to stories now a day are as common as a cold day in February. ESPN was just doing their job I hold them accountable to nothing other than sub par reporting which as I said is pretty common today.

The best part was watching guys like Ron Jaworski almost in tears. He was beside himself with disgust that Tom Brady and the NE Patriots would do such a thing. Just because the liberal media has made retractions an everyday circumstance doesn't make it ok. It certainly shouldn't be an accepted excuse for laziness. At a certain point, the media's lack of fact finding prior to reporting false information can almost and should be construed as slander.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part was watching guys like Ron Jaworski almost in tears. He was beside himself with disgust that Tom Brady and the NE Patriots would do such a thing. Just because the liberal media has made retractions an everyday circumstance doesn't make it ok. It certainly shouldn't be an accepted excuse for laziness. At a certain point, the media's lack of fact finding prior to reporting false information can almost and should be construed as slander.
I remember Trent Dilfer doing that. Jawa too?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Trent Dilfer doing that. Jawa too?
:nod:
Unfortunately I can't find any video of it but I remember it well. Regardless there were plenty of them from the 4 letter network that played the holier than though card. Chris Carter says hold my beer:suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting story, then a serious question..........

My grandson has applied to 13 colleges. He's heard back from 5. He's been accepted at 4 of the 5 and rejected at 1. He's an honor roll student 2 As, 2 B+s, 1 B. As are in Finite Math and Physics. His rejection came from UNH and his rejection letter said it was due to his grades not meeting the level of UNH expectations of incoming students. Of course, the state of NH has decided that UNH is being poorly run and it will be conducting massive layoffs in May 2020. My guess is that UNH is playing a payback game with In-State students.

Of the four that accepted him, one is an state university in NH, and three private colleges and two of them have granted him scholarships for academics. One is the Dean's Scholarship for $104,000 and the other is for $96,000 for academic achievement. This college just sent him a letter saying that grants and scholarships for his first year now total $41,985. The in-state school is working on his financial aid and he'll hear from them pretty quickly.

The two private schools that have offered scholarships: One is Div. II and began a brand new football program in 2019. They were 1-10. The other private school is Div.III and their football team is well established but was 2-9 and one of the losses was to the Div.II school in its inaugural season. The in-state university is Div.III and has made the NCAA Div. III playoffs in 22 of the last 25 years and has won the NCAA Div.III Championship 5 times.

My grandson is a quarterback and wide receiver. He has recruiting visits next Saturday with the in-state Div.III and next Sunday with the Div. II school.

I'm certainly not going to push him to where I think he should go, but he keeps asking me what I think he should do. I'm leaning toward the Div.II school where I think they want him start the 2020 season as the starting quarterback. The course of studies is exactly what he wants to do, Sports and Recreation Management. The Div. III school wants him as a WR and he might be on the sidelines for a year or two.

He has interest from several Div.I schools, UMaine, UVermont and the one that has sent him about 50 emails and texts..............University of Kentucky. I know that he'll be on the sieline or redshirted at UK and the level of play in the SEC is way above what he's faced here in NH.

I'd appreciate any serious thoughts, ideas or recommendations.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His decision should be based on:

Program of study
Financial package

Football

So, kinda sounds like the DII school to me.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My grandson has applied to 13 colleges. He's heard back from 5. He's been accepted at 4 of the 5 and rejected at 1. He's an honor roll student 2 As, 2 B+s, 1 B. As are in Finite Math and Physics. His rejection came from UNH and his rejection letter said it was due to his grades not meeting the level of UNH expectations of incoming students. Of course, the state of NH has decided that UNH is being poorly run and it will be conducting massive layoffs in May 2020. My guess is that UNH is playing a payback game with In-State students.

Of the four that accepted him, one is an state university in NH, and three private colleges and two of them have granted him scholarships for academics. One is the Dean's Scholarship for $104,000 and the other is for $96,000 for academic achievement. This college just sent him a letter saying that grants and scholarships for his first year now total $41,985. The in-state school is working on his financial aid and he'll hear from them pretty quickly.

The two private schools that have offered scholarships: One is Div. II and began a brand new football program in 2019. They were 1-10. The other private school is Div.III and their football team is well established but was 2-9 and one of the losses was to the Div.II school in its inaugural season. The in-state university is Div.III and has made the NCAA Div. III playoffs in 22 of the last 25 years and has won the NCAA Div.III Championship 5 times.

My grandson is a quarterback and wide receiver. He has recruiting visits next Saturday with the in-state Div.III and next Sunday with the Div. II school.

I'm certainly not going to push him to where I think he should go, but he keeps asking me what I think he should do. I'm leaning toward the Div.II school where I think they want him start the 2020 season as the starting quarterback. The course of studies is exactly what he wants to do, Sports and Recreation Management. The Div. III school wants him as a WR and he might be on the sidelines for a year or two.

He has interest from several Div.I schools, UMaine, UVermont and the one that has sent him about 50 emails and texts..............University of Kentucky. I know that he'll be on the sieline or redshirted at UK and the level of play in the SEC is way above what he's faced here in NH.

My grandson is in Wales on a rugby scholarship. His major is Sports Management. Sports Management is equal to Underwater Basketweaving - an easy major to keep his grades up while he is really interested in football. Sounds like a smart kid and he doesn't need a cream puff class to make his grades. I would only "agree" with this major if it gets him in the door for a good scholarship and he changes majors after a semester or 2. A businees major would get a job in Sports Management but a Sports Management major weill likely end up picking up tape or checking out lockers.....

As far as the "complaint" about being rejected, it is common nowadays for applicants to need a 4.0 or even better.

Getting offers at 4 out of 5 is kind of like asking 5 chicks for pussy and 4 saying yes......

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give him your honest opinion phrased as "This is what I would do if I were face with that decision for myself, but I expect you to make the decision for yourself".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him your honest opinion phrased as "This is what I would do if I were face with that decision for myself, but I expect you to make the decision for yourself".

I've done that a couple of times. Private college is sorta like private high school in that they tend to pride themselves on being better and more difficult than state or public schools. I think what I'll tell him is do what you7 want and I'll support whatever you do. I think college might be more enjoyable playing football on a team with a winning tradition rather than trying to build something from the ground up. Of course, if you end up going to the playoffs after taking a pounding for three years it might be worth the ride. Then again, plying on a 'half' team could get your career ended very quick.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dartmouth is out the question?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dartmouth is out the question?

The only IVY school that showed interest was Brown. The OC was a really nice guy and we looked into it but couldn't go down there because of the knee injury. We were honest and they backed off.