• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stupid News

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUESTION.......................

Anybody own an LED, OLED or QLED television????

I have a 65" LG Smart TV in my bedroom. It's really nice, but I can pick up a HISENSE 70" LED Ultra HD television today for $349 at Walmart.

Is LED that much better than 1080HD??
Your 1080HD is very likely an LED.
The following article will tell you all you need to know.
I have purchased HISENSE applianes and they worked very well. I do not expect them to last like my 12 yo Panasonic TV nor my 14 yo Visio TV
READ CAREFULLY!!!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
READ CAREFULLY!!!!!
Excellent synopsis. As I read through this, the underlying message was that Samsung's LED is actually using the QLED technology and that their low end models have much better technology. It's all about the glass. Telephones, television and electric stove tops. Everyone is paying Samsung to use their glass technology.

Thanks Southie. Nothing better than having a little bit of knowledge.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUESTION.......................

Anybody own an LED, OLED or QLED television????

I have a 65" LG Smart TV in my bedroom. It's really nice, but I can pick up a HISENSE 70" LED Ultra HD television today for $349 at Walmart.

Is LED that much better than 1080HD??
1080 HD refers to the number of pixels per inch. The high the number of pixels the clearer the picture.
LED refers to how each of those pixels are illuminated.

It's like comparing a flashlight with a Halogen bulb to one with 500 lumens. it's not a viable comparison without more information.

So an LED could be 720P, 1080P or 2K or 4k...up to 8k now, but 8k media is even rarer than the 8k screen.
OLED is a bit pricier and some say more natural, better, whatever. Many prefer it in their home as compared to in the store under the bright lights. It has a wider viewing angle for one. It is also available in 720,1080, 2k,4k, 8k.
QLED is just a fancier LED meant to confuse those that may be looking for OLED.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a question. With this new kick of rule is the on-side kick all but gone now?
I believe in some instance the surprise onside kick is specifically not allowed. I will have to research again though.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1080 HD refers to the number of pixels per inch. The high the number of pixels the clearer the picture.
LED refers to how each of those pixels are illuminated.

It's like comparing a flashlight with a Halogen bulb to one with 500 lumens. it's not a viable comparison without more information.

So an LED could be 720P, 1080P or 2K or 4k...up to 8k now, but 8k media is even rarer than the 8k screen.
OLED is a bit pricier and some say more natural, better, whatever. Many prefer it in their home as compared to in the store under the bright lights. It has a wider viewing angle for one. It is also available in 720,1080, 2k,4k, 8k.
QLED is just a fancier LED meant to confuse those that may be looking for OLED.
Fabulous summary.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone surprised by OJ dying, or rather some of the reactions and "reactions to the reactions"? I was reading comments on an article and was (as Bob Ryan would put it) shocked, SHOCKED by some posts. Why would so many people begrudge Goldman's pops collecting money for what OJ did? If he really was a money grubber he could have given OJ a small cut of the book (which would have been a fortune for him) then played it up and even turned it into a movie. Goldman would have had his 100 mill and more.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone surprised by OJ dying, or rather some of the reactions and "reactions to the reactions"? I was reading comments on an article and was (as Bob Ryan would put it) shocked, SHOCKED by some posts. Why would so many people begrudge Goldman's pops collecting money for what OJ did? If he really was a money grubber he could have given OJ a small cut of the book (which would have been a fortune for him) then played it up and even turned it into a movie. Goldman would have had his 100 mill and more.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, OJ Simpson was found "Not Guilty" of the murder of his wife and Goldman by 12 people on a jury.
OJ was guilty as F-----.
Problem was an also guilty PD.
A black jury still angry about the cops being found not guilty of beating Rodney King, found OJ not guilty.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ was guilty as F-----.
Problem was an also guilty PD.
A black jury still angry about the cops being found not guilty of beating Rodney King, found OJ not guilty.
PD might not have been guilty of anything but treating a mountain of evidence too casually. On top of that, the prosecution may have presented what they deemed "plenty of evidence" and not all the evidence. The defense was able to eliminate some, then cast doubt on the remainder. Prosecution could not go back and present more nor make any references to having more.

Bob Costas made a great point. "How could the police create a frame job without knowing whether OJ had an alibi or some other guy wouldn't be caught wearing bloody clothes?"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3