• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Street Agents, the Godfather and Tidewater 7 on 7 camps, Thoroughbreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed It For You. It means Jeffro changed EGW's quote to what he thought it should really mean...although judging by our past recruiting success, it's pretty obvious we've not ever been a player in the 'street agent' crowd so who knows what he's actually thinking.

It's like this; until there is concrete evidence that this is actually going on, this whole thing just reeks of sour grapes, although I don't know why. UVa has a total of 4 commits that also had offers from VT. 2 of those are from the 804 area code, 1 from 703 and 1 from Maryland. I'm not seeing the correlation as to why VT is so upset about UVa commits when none of them are part of this 757 academy.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like this; until there is concrete evidence that this is actually going on, this whole thing just reeks of sour grapes, although I don't know why. UVa has a total of 4 commits that also had offers from VT. 2 of those are from the 804 area code, 1 from 703 and 1 from Maryland. I'm not seeing the correlation as to why VT is so upset about UVa commits when none of them are part of this 757 academy.

And your post reeks of

rug.jpg

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your post reeks of

rug.jpg

Thanks for adding some substance to the conversation. Like I said, bring facts to the table, or quit bitching. Even Hampton Roads 6(a hokie homer) was bitching on VaPreps, saying that the NCAA should open an investigation. Rod(the mod of VaPreps) responded with be careful what your wish for, and don't bite off more than you can chew. Apparently he thinks VT isn't a squeaky clean as you all like to think, and I'd imagine he is pretty well connected.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for adding some substance to the conversation. Like I said, bring facts to the table, or quit bitching. Even Hampton Roads 6(a hokie homer) was bitching on VaPreps, saying that the NCAA should open an investigation. Rod(the mod of VaPreps) responded with be careful what your wish for, and don't bite off more than you can chew. Apparently he thinks VT isn't a squeaky clean as you all like to think, and I'd imagine he is pretty well connected.

What substance have you ever brought to a conversation on this board? Besides being the Hoo centerpeice for us to make fun of?

Last edited by a moderator:

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is F'ed up! Urban Meyer talked about this stuff going on before he originally retired from Florida. But I never realized how big it had gotten in the 757. One guy said how we would have twice as many 757 players had these things not been going on... We need soldiers on the ground to break this up! Put mike London and UVA football program to bed forever.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Hoo fans should keep their pants on.

It's not all about them. It's just that there's this story about malfeasance going on in the 757, and London has been having some success there, so it does raise some questions. Until and unless there some evidence of a connection, it's just speculation.

The only people who think about hoos are the time are hoos.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What substance have you ever brought to a conversation on this board? Besides being the Hoo centerpeice for us to make fun of?

Well, being that I have 23,000 worth of rep, with most of it coming from VT fans, I must be bringing something worth reading to the table.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hoo fans should keep their pants on.

It's not all about them. It's just that there's this story about malfeasance going on in the 757, and London has been having some success there, so it does raise some questions. Until and unless there some evidence of a connection, it's just speculation.

The only people who think about hoos are the time are hoos.
We need to keep our pants on? How the fuck would you react to something like this if the UVa fans started just randomly saying that VT is doing illegal shit and should be investigated. You would get upset just the same.

Please explain this success that London has had in the 757 that VT hasn't had.

In 2012, UVa landed 3 guys from 757 that also had VT offers. VT landed 2 guys from 757 that also had UVa offers. That's right, UVa landed 1 more person than VT did. If that is some of your proof that UVa is doing something illegal, then you are really grasping at straws.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need to keep our pants on? How the fuck would you react to something like this if the UVa fans started just randomly saying that VT is doing illegal shit and should be investigated. You would get upset just the same.

Please explain this success that London has had in the 757 that VT hasn't had.

In 2012, UVa landed 3 guys from 757 that also had VT offers. VT landed 2 guys from 757 that also had UVa offers. That's right, UVa landed 1 more person than VT did. If that is some of your proof that UVa is doing something illegal, then you are really grasping at straws.

I believe that had you actually read my post, you would have seen that I said that the Mike London connection was speculative. This isn't about how many recruits get landed, but HOW they get landed.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

It's not about how many 757 kids UVA is getting, it's how they are getting them. Mizzell and Blanding both wanted to visit VT for their spring game, but ended up going to a 7-on-7 tournament. Then they both wanted to visit for the July 14 camp and now may go to another 7-on-7. And Kamara almost commits to UVA last weekend, while in NY for 7-on-7? We don't know UVA's involvement with the Virginia Thoroughbreds 7-on-7 team that has Mizzell, Blanding, Kamara, and Cutler , but it's starting to seem that the 7-on-7 coaches for that team have an agenda.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro... We're not saying that ML is necessarily doing anything wrong here. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. It stinks a little, but there's no evidence that I've seen, so I for one am not pointing that finger yet. Seems like most here are taking the same position.

What we are really focused on here isn't ML, but this particular Thoroughbreds 7v7 team's leadership. If it comes out that ML is behind how they're acting, sure, things will shift over to ML more. But for now I think we just want to know more about what's going on with these 7v7 guys. See the thread title. You'll note that ML isn't mentioned.

According to someone in that VaPreps chatter (a UNC fan, incidentally, not VT), the coaches on this Thoroughbreds team are consistently decked out in UVA blue and orange. The players on that team seem to be able to visit UVA quite a bit, but whenever there's an opportunity to visit VT or UNC or UMD (the three examples mentioned in that thread) there just happens to be a 7v7 commitment that keeps them away.

I haven't heard anything yet that speaks to their motives (with evidence). Maybe ML is doing something for them, but it's certainly possible that there's another reason. Someone felt a snub, and is out for payback, or whatever. Let's not make this about ML unless the evidence takes us that direction. We should be all be able to agree that it is in no school's best interests for 7v7 corruption to gain traction.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, golly. You sanctimonious (look it up, it's a word) hypocrites.

Here is YOUR outfit, which is having its own 7 on 7 TODAY:

College Prep World

Now do you think that it MIGHT be a little bit interesting that the "Director of Academics" is an analyst for ... wait for it ... HOKIE HAVEN?

Or that the top guys listed on the staff are FORMER VT ATHLETES?

Who exactly is paying these guys, and what about lodging and food? Should we all look WEST (like towards Blacksburg)?

Gosh we don't need a big nasty investigation in Virginia, do we? Make sure you let Heather Dinich know that a Rivals guy (involved in RANKING and RATING players), has a this little thing going on.

Yeah bring it on, Hokies. By the time I get done with CPW, we'll see who is left standing. Out.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, by the way, Turtle Culter is there today. Now how did THAT happen? The picture of him there is on the twitter feed for the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.