• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still a good season!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the game yesterday was a major letdown, but let's think a minute. Had the ball with one second left been caught, we would all be happy as clams today, would be in the B12 ccg, and all is well. ONE play!!! The realistic goals for the year are still there, just that there is no margin for error now, next week AT HOME, it is winner take all. Did anyone think that WVU would be picked for the Miss America playoff? NO, so what was the goal this year? I would say the goal was to win the B12, that is still in reach, beat OU Friday, and we play in the ccg against Texas if they can beat Kansas, or rematch with OU if Kansas should win. I have been called negative, but I see merit in being 8-2 right now. I hated yesterday's loss, but I would rather lose like that than losing to IAST like we did where the WHOLE team did nothing. Come on guys, the brass ring is still there to be picked!!!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck are you?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed in the lack of effort and WTF play calling. This team has enough talent. They just have to be put into a position to win, and play hard.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck are you?
I am still me, bb!!! Holgorsen has matured as a coach and is finally doing a decent job, he ain't Saban, but he is better than he was and as long as he is doing a good job and is improving, I am with him. I still think a HC should learn the coaching job at a smaller school, then move up in ranks to a major school with all the politics and media AFTER he knows how to run a football program, rather than learning all the facets of running a major program on the fly.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still me, bb!!! Holgorsen has matured as a coach and is finally doing a decent job, he ain't Saban, but he is better than he was and as long as he is doing a good job and is improving, I am with him. I still think a HC should learn the coaching job at a smaller school, then move up in ranks to a major school with all the politics and media AFTER he knows how to run a football program, rather than learning all the facets of running a major program on the fly.

Well... your hate was fucking annoying. So... good for you for giving Dana a chance to earn your respect!

There is no perfect coach. Saban is the best of all time. There is only 1 who can be the best.

Our coach has his flaws. IMO, he has mismanaged his staff and control of his players this year. I truly cannot understand how he let Jake off the hook early this season. When the offense showed signs of complacency in the 2nd half of the TT game, Dana should have been on Jake’s ass. Will Grier played like shit in the 2nd half of that game... played like shit against KU. The ISU fiasco should not have been the first time for Dana to get in his ear.

IMO, Gibby’s work has been truly remarkable this year. He has dealt with a CB Corps and LB Corps weak on quality... weak on depth. Yet, he has orchestrated a defense ranked #56 in the country. But, there is no excuse for losing aggression last week. He stopped blitzing when Okie St went 4 wide in 10 personnel.

Okie St’s defense continued to be aggressive. Look what they accomplished last week by doing so?

Dana was pissed at his coaches last week. Berated them in the post game presser. Fucking do something in the game! Will was off last week. Played terribly in the 2nd half. Can’t let that happen... EVER!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO Dana should have gone ballistic on the Simmons and Sills calls if he saw that AGAIN the refs were un-leveling the playing field..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO Dana should have gone ballistic on the Simmons and Sills calls if he saw that AGAIN the refs were un-leveling the playing field..

From my vantage point, he and quite a few coaches and players were losing their minds. There was so much commotion on the sideline, I wasn’t sure what was going on following McKoy’s run.

When the lead official went out in front of everyone to explain the penalty, I had my answer...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... your hate was fucking annoying. So... good for you for giving Dana a chance to earn your respect!
Your blind love for all things Ollie is right up there on the annoying side also.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Hail King Ollie!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back, this season ended about where I expected going in. HOWEVER, It feels like a failure because we saw the potential of this team once the season started. Grier was great at avoiding blitzes, he extended plays, but he also sucked at times, I still scratch my head over the iast game, wtf!! Okst? That one is more on the defense than Grier, ten point lead with four minutes to go and lose, but, one first down and we win. Against ou we were playing against the Sooners, the refs and the league office. That was proven in the first half on the textbook targeting no call that put Simms out, the guy stopped, squared up, lowered his head and drove in helmet to helmet. ....then the two Grier fumbles, go to the ground and play the next down. We were literally two plays from a one loss season good season, nothing special though. It will be interesting to see what changes with the asst coaches, spa vital already gone, who on offense follows him, what happens on the defensive side?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not make the CCG so I call this season a bust. This roster was one that could have made the playoff and they did not even make the CCG. Reminds me of 2006 where we had a great returning roster and squandered our opportunities.

8 wins is normally a really good season for WVU. This year it felt empty.

One success is that I watched the entire season and WVU was not eliminated until the last game. While not a great season, it was still fun to watch.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did not make the CCG so I call this season a bust. This roster was one that could have made the playoff and they did not even make the CCG. Reminds me of 2006 where we had a great returning roster and squandered our opportunities.

8 wins is normally a really good season for WVU. This year it felt empty.

One success is that I watched the entire season and WVU was not eliminated until the last game. While not a great season, it was still fun to watch.

Not going to make excuses..but one of the strengths of this team was the LB corp this year...and outside of Long they were missing their#1's for the majority if not the entire season..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Bowl Rank...Interesting....

5. Camping World Bowl: No. 20 Syracuse (9-3) vs. No. 16 West Virginia (9-3) – 5:15 p.m., Dec. 28,

This game
is in the top five because we’re banking on a ton of points. And West Virginia’s Will Grier, Gary Jennings and David Sills playing in the team’s bowl game. If West Virginia’s star offensive players decide to skip the game we’d understand and drop the game outside our top 10. But we’re hoping for a matchup between Grier and Syracuse’s Eric Dungey, two guys who have been some of the most productive college football quarterbacks over the past couple seasons.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Bowl Rank...Interesting....

5. Camping World Bowl: No. 20 Syracuse (9-3) vs. No. 16 West Virginia (9-3) – 5:15 p.m., Dec. 28,

This game
is in the top five because we’re banking on a ton of points. And West Virginia’s Will Grier, Gary Jennings and David Sills playing in the team’s bowl game. If West Virginia’s star offensive players decide to skip the game we’d understand and drop the game outside our top 10. But we’re hoping for a matchup between Grier and Syracuse’s Eric Dungey, two guys who have been some of the most productive college football quarterbacks over the past couple seasons.
I was wondering if our future NFL players will play in the bowl since we dropped so far after the losses, playing Syracuse in the campfire bowl hardly has any meaning outside of bragging rights over a team I hate.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if our future NFL players will play in the bowl since we dropped so far after the losses, playing Syracuse in the campfire bowl hardly has any meaning outside of bragging rights over a team I hate.

Depends on who really loves to play football.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I have to keep reminding myself, this bowl game is still a top 20 match up. Before the BCS and now CFP, we used to get excited about seeing our team play another top team in our bowl game.

But, now the bowls have really become meaningless. Fans don’t attend them. Players are choosing not to play in them.

Things change.

I’m disappointed in the season. Disappointed in the bowl we’re going to. Disappointed in the opponent we’re playing.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I have to keep reminding myself, this bowl game is still a top 20 match up. Before the BCS and now CFP, we used to get excited about seeing our team play another top team in our bowl game.

But, now the bowls have really become meaningless. Fans don’t attend them. Players are choosing not to play in them.

Things change.

I’m disappointed in the season. Disappointed in the bowl we’re going to. Disappointed in the opponent we’re playing.
I agree, a bowl used to be a reward for a good season, a chance for more practice, a time for the kids to showcase their talent. Now that 5-7 teams routinely go to bowls, with nearly 40 of them, who gives a crap? ESPN has taken the best sport in the world and ruined it.............I will watch the bowl on TV, will be cheering for WVU, but will not be excited for it, other than to bring the Schwartzwalder trophy home.......oops it is being reported the trophy will not be awarded to the winner.......so the game means.......NOTHING

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, a bowl used to be a reward for a good season, a chance for more practice, a time for the kids to showcase their talent. Now that 5-7 teams routinely go to bowls, with nearly 40 of them, who gives a crap? ESPN has taken the best sport in the world and ruined it.............I will watch the bowl on TV, will be cheering for WVU, but will not be excited for it, other than to bring the Schwartzwalder trophy home.......oops it is being reported the trophy will not be awarded to the winner.......so the game means.......NOTHING

In the big picture, it doesn’t mean anything.

I will watch the game with my family, and I will be nervous watching it. If WVU wins, it will be better than losing. Winning means I’m left with another positive for the year. That is always better than the alternative.

Losing means I have to hear shit from all of the SU fucks I’ve chosen to live around for who knows how fucking long.

I hate this fucking game...