• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Spurrier calls it the "Saban Rule"

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is mad Betty. If I were a fan of a team that only had 1 NC since 1968 and still thought I was elite, I'd be mad.

Why would that scenario make you mad? You must live a pretty sad life if all you have going on is worshiping Saban and all that he does and says.

Sorry to hear that Gumper.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's so scared of teams that he's begging the rules to be changed to stop them.

That's extremely pathetic and petty. Absolutely negative.:nod:

:lol:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's terrified! Might retire! Can't sleep! You know, it isn't hard to see why their are winners in this world and their are losers and that is not directed solely at you JDM!

Do people REALLY think that a coach that has won 4 out of the last 9 BCS Championships thinks like that? :L
All these posts are more telling of who you are than who Saban is!!! :nod:

Then why is he begging to have the rules changed? Safety is an absurd lie.

He wants it changed to protect his competitive interests. He feels threatened.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why is he begging to have the rules changed? Safety is an absurd lie.

He wants it changed to protect his competitive interests. He feels threatened.

He was asked an innocent question (at the time) and after a win over Ole MIss about the HUNH. It was NOT after a loss. He said two things, he wondered about player safety because of more plays and fatigue. He also said "We need to ask ourselves if this is the direction we want football to go. I am a defensive coach and I will tell you it takes the strategy out of the game." <paraphrasing some. From this we get responses like yours above and others similar. I repeat it says more about the people writing the posts then it does Nick Saban. I think it's sad all right but mine is pointed in another direction!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry! You are right! I meant to say 4 of HIS last 9 years.

He also had great chances in 2008 and 2013. Very close to 6 out of 9. Does anyone have a clue to how successful people even think? Do you really think they don't relish the challenge of anything? Y'all act like he has gotten on a pulpit and delivered a speech weekly to get this changed. He probably doesn't even think about it 5 minutes out of the week! Obviously, yall do! :L

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO, to summarize this thread:

Saban...whiny douche.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban Haters....I get your point(s). Saban Lovers...I get your point(s).

Doesn't make sense for a coach that has been this dominant to want the game to be changed to slow down the pace of college football games. Has Saban offered an alternative offensive system that all teams should follow? Has Saban offered an alternative defensive system that all teams should follow? I think everyone knows what to do on special teams plays (they are watching reviews of the AUB-ALA game).

I guess the only football 'system' that would fit Nick Saban would be to take the helmets and pads off and replace those with a belt that has 3 flags hanging from it. Turning the game into "Flag Football" would be the best solution from a "Players Safety" vantage point.

Ultimately, Saban is viewed as an "epic bum" on this issue. After all, if he was that good of a coach, he would have stayed at Michigan St and dominated the Big TEN conference. Please remember, Saban couldn't win or recruit while at Michigan St. He was an incredibly average coach!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also had great chances in 2008 and 2013. Very close to 6 out of 9. Does anyone have a clue to how successful people even think? Do you really think they don't relish the challenge of anything? Y'all act like he has gotten on a pulpit and delivered a speech weekly to get this changed. He probably doesn't even think about it 5 minutes out of the week! Obviously, yall do! :L

He thought about it enough to lobby the rules committee to change the rule. So yeah, I'd say he's given it some thought.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was asked an innocent question (at the time) and after a win over Ole MIss about the HUNH. It was NOT after a loss. He said two things, he wondered about player safety because of more plays and fatigue. He also said "We need to ask ourselves if this is the direction we want football to go. I am a defensive coach and I will tell you it takes the strategy out of the game." <paraphrasing some. From this we get responses like yours above and others similar. I repeat it says more about the people writing the posts then it does Nick Saban. I think it's sad all right but mine is pointed in another direction!

Except that he's the one pushing for the rule change. It's not just some off the cuff comment. It is blatantly clear that he is trying to make this happen and it's sad.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im still baffled as to why only bammers support this. Sheer coincidence? That certainly says something about certain posters.:noidea::bawling:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still baffled as to why only bammers support this. Sheer coincidence? That certainly says something about certain posters.:noidea::bawling:

Think it might have to do with the fact 9 out of 10 posts have attacked our coach? :noidea:

This is where all your arguments lose me! He did not say he wanted a change(safety and defense). He said we might want to look at this closer! Wow! Again, yall have taken facts and twisted them to fit anything you've wanted to say. HE WAS ASKED TO TALK TO THE COMMITTEE! Were any of you in the room? You can assume and assume and assume but you have no evidence other than him answering a question posed at a press conference about looking at HUNH and the fact he was at the meeting. That is all and from that comes this thread. Like I said before, it says much more about yall than him! :whistle:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that he's the one pushing for the rule change. It's not just some off the cuff comment. It is blatantly clear that he is trying to make this happen and it's sad.

Show me the proof? Because he was at the meeting? Do you know what he said at the meeting? Have you ever heard him say we need to change this rule or was it more like "we might want to look at it?" hmm

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it might have to do with the fact 9 out of 10 posts have attacked our coach? :noidea:

This is where all your arguments lose me! He did not say he wanted a change(safety and defense). He said we might want to look at this closer! Wow! Again, yall have taken facts and twisted them to fit anything you've wanted to say. HE WAS ASKED TO TALK TO THE COMMITTEE! Were any of you in the room? You can assume and assume and assume but you have no evidence other than him answering a question posed at a press conference about looking at HUNH and the fact he was at the meeting. That is all and from that comes this thread. Like I said before, it says much more about yall than him! :whistle:

Uh, he asked to speak to the committee, the committee did not ask him.

Bielema, Saban voiced concerns about up-tempo to committee that passed slow-down proposal | Fox News
NCAA coordinator of officials Rogers Redding says Bielema was there as a representative of the American Football Coaches Association. Saban had asked for the opportunity to speak to the committee.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama fans are in denial big time.
Save the honor of little ole St Nick at all costs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me the proof? Because he was at the meeting? Do you know what he said at the meeting? Have you ever heard him say we need to change this rule or was it more like "we might want to look at it?" hmm

Nick Saban, Bret Bielema backed committee's proposal of slow-down rule - ESPN

NCAA coordinator of officials Rogers Redding said Thursday that Bielema was at the meeting in Indianapolis as a representative of the American Football Coaches Association.
"Coach Saban asked for the opportunity to meet with the committee and talk about this," Redding said. "It's not routine, but it's not unique, either."

Yahoo News UK & Ireland - Latest World News & UK News Headlines

http://nesn.com/2014/02/nick-saban-...les-committee-to-slow-down-hurry-up-offenses/

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama fans are in denial big time.
Save the honor of little ole St Nick at all costs.

Yeah, if it really were as simple as he was asked a question and he answered it with "I think we need to have a conversation about it" as some Bammers claim, it wouldn't even be an issue.

But clearly, it isn't that simple.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In early December, Saban made his home visit with Clowney. The town was abuzz, with vehicles slowly streaming by Clowney’s mother’s house in hopes of catching a glimpse of the legendary coach. Inside, Clowney wasn’t that impressed.

“I don’t see no big deal like everybody else,” he said later. “They’d say, ‘He’s the king of all of football.’ The guy ain’t nothing but 5-5. He’s a short guy. Everybody’s going crazy on Nick Saban.”

During the visit, Saban touted Alabama’s graduation rate, its success in sending players to the NFL and playing Clowney at both defensive end and outside linebacker. Clowney and his family could hardly get a word in.

“Nick Saban’s going to take over and talk,” Clowney said. “He talked the whole time he was there. I was dozing off. He can talk. A lot. He talked for a whole straight hour.”