• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sterling just helped the Lakers out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now no premier free agents want to play for the Clippers. And even with the Lakers being as low as they could possibly be, the purple and gold now look a lot more appealing than 'lob city'.

So here's to you Donald Sterling :suds: You racist ignorant dickhead!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now no premier free agents want to play for the Clippers. And even with the Lakers being as low as they could possibly be, the purple and gold now look a lot more appealing than 'lob city'.

Gotta love the Clips. Every time they are actually good, they figure out a way to screw it up.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we now know of much of the source for the Clip Joint's inepitude all these years. Donald-my-last-name-is-really-not-Sterling. The dude can't get out of his own way fast enough and now I believe his vaunted Clips may just get run over by the GS.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we now know of much of the source for the Clip Joint's inepitude all these years. Donald-my-last-name-is-really-not-Sterling. The dude can't get out of his own way fast enough and now I believe his vaunted Clips may just get run over by the GS.

I hope they do. I believe you'll hear me laughing from all away across the Atlantic if the mighty clippers fail to make round 2 again.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might work out in the favor of FA to play for the Clippz, they will demand twice as much and get it!:lol:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they'll void their contracts in protest and Chris Paul will make his way over to the team he should have been with from the start.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would like to believe this but let's face it if the Clippers were offering a premier free agent a lot of moolah and the Lakers were offering less moolah that premier free agent is most likely going to sign with the Clippers

As much blustering as these players are doing (and I don't have any issue with them blustering - this should be blustered about) the bottom line is that for the players there is only one color - green.

I understand that the Clipper players are in the middle of a playoff run and this broke on them like a 10 foot wave so to make a snap decision like sitting out and not playing while Scumling is still owner that is a tough decision to make on the spur of the moment.

However, if Scumling is still owner at the start of next year, here is a thought for the players - if they are offended by what Scumling said and they have had the off season to think about it they should all sit out the next season until Scumling is ousted. Let the Clippers forfeit their games. That's putting money where their mouth and pride is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not always about money. Nick Young took a pay cut to play for the Lakers when other teams were offering him three times the amount we paid him.

While this might not happen very often, it DEFINITELY won't happen to the Clippers now.

Little victories...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to believe this but let's face it if the Clippers were offering a premier free agent a lot of moolah and the Lakers were offering less moolah that premier free agent is most likely going to sign with the Clippers

As much blustering as these players are doing (and I don't have any issue with them blustering - this should be blustered about) the bottom line is that for the players there is only one color - green.

I understand that the Clipper players are in the middle of a playoff run and this broke on them like a 10 foot wave so to make a snap decision like sitting out and not playing while Scumling is still owner that is a tough decision to make on the spur of the moment.

However, if Scumling is still owner at the start of next year, here is a thought for the players - if they are offended by what Scumling said and they have had the off season to think about it they should all sit out the next season until Scumling is ousted. Let the Clippers forfeit their games. That's putting money where their mouth and pride is.

Yes and no. I agree that at the end of the day, the players want to get as much money as possible. However, with the new CBA, I think we'll see players willing to take a little less so that a team can add the players necessary to contend. We've already seen top FA's do just that.

This is where the Clippers are likely to lose out. The Clippers are likely to lose sponsors and companies may stay away from their players because of the association with the owner. Basically, it could put the Clippers in a spot where they have to pay the full maximum for top FA's or possibly overpay FA's who aren't worth a max deal by giving them one.

So, if the Lakers are offering a little less, those top FA's may be likely to sign with them and more than makeup the difference in endorsement deals and have the opportunity to contend.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest this morning is that Earvin Johnson is offering to buy the team. Dude has enough money to own part of the Dodgers and now offer to buy the Clip Joint.

Ex-Lakers owning teams. Shaq in Sacramento and perhaps Magic right across the hall. Maybe short buss will swap franchises with him three years when short buss fails to live up to his own edict. Sort of like the Irsay-Rosenbloom franchise swap of the sixties.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, State Farm Insurance has yanked their sponsorship.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this Donald bit the hog in the ass with those comments if indeed they are true. He just created the perfect shit storm and may end up like Marge Schott-out the door!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CarMax done with the Clippers now....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest this morning is that Earvin Johnson is offering to buy the team. Dude has enough money to own part of the Dodgers and now offer to buy the Clip Joint.

Ex-Lakers owning teams. Shaq in Sacramento and perhaps Magic right across the hall. Maybe short buss will swap franchises with him three years when short buss fails to live up to his own edict. Sort of like the Irsay-Rosenbloom franchise swap of the sixties.

Disband the damn team and send Paul and Griffen to the Lakers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple others like Kia joined State Farm and Carmax. The dollars are going right out the door. Freakin' dumbass.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disband the damn team and send Paul and Griffen to the Lakers.
You know, there were a couple of reporters advocating that the NBA create a death penalty for the clippers. Have Doc and all the players contracts come off the books and make them free agents. I don't see that happening, but boy that would be chaotic