• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stephen A. Smith needs to SHUT UP!!!

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's saying that NBA players shouldn't risk their careers playing for Team USA. That's what is wrong with sports these days, it all money, money, money. Paul George's injury was a freak injury and is tragic. Really though, NBA players can get injured during the offseason any number of ways. He could've been injured in a pick up game, a car accident, tripping down the stairs, or lots of other ways. Does that mean they shouldn't be able to live their lives in the off season? Maybe ban them from cars, other sports, or houses with staircases. I agree with him on a number of things, this however is ridiculous!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw his rant on SC this morning. By his logic, no one should play the All Star game either and their entire offseason should consist of laying in bed covered head to toe in bubble wrap.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually agree with Stephen A Smith sometimes? :scratch:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying Stephen A. Smith should shut up for years. It's fitting that him and Skip Bayless are on the same show now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw his rant on SC this morning. By his logic, no one should play the All Star game either and their entire offseason should consist of laying in bed covered head to toe in bubble wrap.

I actually see his point in many ways though because like it or not it is about the NBA product and bringing money. Kobe Bryant for example will 24 million this year because he will keep bringing in the fans to the games. That's about the money and its the same way. I think the Stern had the best idea by limiting the games to the younger players who will carry less risk. Like Phil Jackson I am one of those that believes the all star game is a huge waste of energy and time. I would rather see them take the same time and stretch out the games so that the teams don't have so many tough road trip.

But most other people really love the entire all star weekend, it most likely brings in a lot of money and I expect that the younger players that get to play for the first time - really find it a total blast, so it is what it is. There is no point in arguing about something that will never happen and What Stephen A Smith is suggesting is never going to happen, so time to move on

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually see his point in many ways though because like it or not it is about the NBA product and bringing money. Kobe Bryant for example will 24 million this year because he will keep bringing in the fans to the games. That's about the money and its the same way. I think the Stern had the best idea by limiting the games to the younger players who will carry less risk. Like Phil Jackson I am one of those that believes the all star game is a huge waste of energy and time. I would rather see them take the same time and stretch out the games so that the teams don't have so many tough road trip.

But most other people really love the entire all star weekend, it most likely brings in a lot of money and I expect that the younger players that get to play for the first time - really find it a total blast, so it is what it is. There is no point in arguing about something that will never happen and What Stephen A Smith is suggesting is never going to happen, so time to move on

I read that far, then stopped. You're an idiot.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt have to shutup maybe you just shouldnt listen. Just saying.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt have to shutup maybe you just shouldnt listen. Just saying.

I actually for the most part have enjoyed listening to Stephen A Smith, although he got into some trouble a few weeks ago and was suspended for a week or so for making some derogatory remarks. He's not nearly as bad as the guys that write for the ESPN and the Los Angeles Times and he is 1000 times smarter than Shaq and Barkley.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spending a month in the summer with other stars is only going to help your game. it did wonders for rose and Durant last time the world championships happened 4 yrs ago. these players just don't sit around for 3-4 months in the offseason. they are working on their game. does Stephen A want these guys to just sit in their house and hope to avoid injury. injuries can happen anywhere like shooting around, lifting weights, etc. if u spend your time trying to avoid injury 2 u will not be in basketball shape and it will likely lead to injury.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spending a month in the summer with other stars is only going to help your game. it did wonders for rose and Durant last time the world championships happened 4 yrs ago. these players just don't sit around for 3-4 months in the offseason. they are working on their game. does Stephen A want these guys to just sit in their house and hope to avoid injury. injuries can happen anywhere like shooting around, lifting weights, etc. if u spend your time trying to avoid injury 2 u will not be in basketball shape and it will likely lead to injury.

It's an individual choice really and should be left up to the player, but the players should purchase insurance to cover their losses in case they get hurt. The downside to that is that you can replace the obvious losses, but the team also loses a player that can often not be replaced. Mark Cuban has spoken out on this issue as well and I see their points - quite honestly I was one of the few that did not want Kobe to play in the All Star Games when the Lakers were winning championships. I did not want to risk an NBA title on an all star game. But they don't care what I think:lol:

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a risk for players if you have a team that can win a title the next year. But its good for younger players to develop

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a risk for players if you have a team that can win a title the next year. But its good for younger players to develop

That's the way I see it, but honestly if you or someone does not like what a broadcaster such as Stephen Smith has to say - then don't listen to him. Once the Time Warner for the Lakers came out - I quit listening to those old hens Shaq and Barkely. It's really very easy and simple.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that players end up getting injured in tournaments in the summer when they could be resting and getting ready for the season, but I also don't like the assertion that younger players supposedly carry less risk because that's BS - they shouldn't put younger players in a spot like that just because they make less $ than others

That being said, Stephen A's rant is stupid like every rant he makes

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send the college players. ....oh wait they want to be paid too.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a slippery slope and obviously you can't start choosing who gets to play vs who can't by calling out the elite players because they are too valuable. Even though that's true, that is going to be a problem and there has to be some consistency - but I do see Stephen A Smith's points and he is not the first one to feel that way. Fortunately I don't have opportunity to hear him because he is on the East coast and seldom heard on the West coast, so perhaps I like hearing him because I seldom have to listen to him

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that far, then stopped. You're an idiot.

You probably should have read the rest of the post. He actually makes some solid points. Tends to make you look like an idiot when you admit to only reading one sentence of a post and then call the person an idiot when they go on to make solid points.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably should have read the rest of the post. He actually makes some solid points. Tends to make you look like an idiot when you admit to only reading one sentence of a post and then call the person an idiot when they go on to make solid points.

We should know better than to expect more from this poster.