• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steph Curry - First Unanimous MVP

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reactions: LAD

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan never did that..? wow.

Well he certainly deserves MVP. Dude is amazing.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its about time. There's usually always that one person that votes for someone else to be a contrarian

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he should be.

This Dude just keeps one upping Lebron.

If his body holds up, my goodness.
call me when he gets his first Finals MVP. maybe thatll be in like 5 weeks but we shall see....maybe he wont need Iggy to hold his dick for him

Steve Nash had 2 mvps

LeBron james has 4....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
call me when he gets his first Finals MVP. maybe thatll be in like 5 weeks but we shall see....maybe he wont need Iggy to hold his dick for him

Steve Nash had 2 mvps

LeBron james has 4....

Curry also won his first ring within 5 years.

Bron had to join the Super Friends to get his

Curry led his Team to the best record in NBA History.

Bron led his Team to the best record in the East.

Like it or not, Bron is no longer top of the food chain.

But, hey.....

It's still all good for Ohioans.

Curry is from Akron.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved. Kid obviously works his ass off and it's paying off. I'm somewhat surprised he is the first to be unanimous, but none of that matters. He's the best on the planet hands down.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising. MVP is for the best player that season and with his ungodly stats and the team's 73 wins... it was no contest.

The 'unanimous' aspect of this is a cool distinction for Curry and for his team... but I hesitate to make too much of it in terms of comparing to previous MVPs. 1 unorthodox voter is all it takes. IMO, there have been "unanimous" MVPS before in terms of everyone knowing who deserved the MVP. We've just never had a truly unanimous MVP in terms of voting #s.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising. MVP is for the best player that season and with his ungodly stats and the team's 73 wins... it was no contest.

The 'unanimous' aspect of this is a cool distinction for Curry and for his team... but I hesitate to make too much of it in terms of comparing to previous MVPs. 1 unorthodox voter is all it takes. IMO, there have been "unanimous" MVPS before in terms of everyone knowing who deserved the MVP. We've just never had a truly unanimous MVP in terms of voting #s.

The MVP voting process allowed for the first unanimous MVP because the votes are now disclosed to the Public. In Lebron's case where he should have been unanimous, the guy who voted for Melo voluntarily wrote why he voted for Melo. Not sure what happened in Shaq's case.

Now that the votes are public, it creates more of "do the right thing" versus holding your own personal biases for the voting process. Like I'm sure out there some writer believes Kawhi was the MVP because of his defense, but couldn't/wouldn't vote him first for fear of backlash.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MVP voting process allowed for the first unanimous MVP because the votes are now disclosed to the Public. In Lebron's case where he should have been unanimous, the guy who voted for Melo voluntarily wrote why he voted for Melo. Not sure what happened in Shaq's case.

Now that the votes are public, it creates more of "do the right thing" versus holding your own personal biases for the voting process. Like I'm sure out there some writer believes Kawhi was the MVP because of his defense, but couldn't/wouldn't vote him first for fear of backlash.

Oh, that's interesting. I didn't know that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steve Nash had 2 mvps

LeBron james has 4....

Who gives a fuck about lebron? This is a Curry thread.

FYI, lebron wasn't even 2nd.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is historic, but there is a caveat

There had always been historically one or two jackasses who purposely voted a lesser player to be contrary.

it was sort of tradition.

It was like no MLB baseball has ever gotten 100% of hall of fame votes. Guys would vote against Babe Ruth and Willie Mays to be contrarian on purpose.

I think we will start seeing a lot more unanimous MVPS now that the silly tradition has been scrapped.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry also won his first ring within 5 years.

Bron had to join the Super Friends to get his

Curry led his Team to the best record in NBA History.

Bron led his Team to the best record in the East.

Like it or not, Bron is no longer top of the food chain.

But, hey.....

It's still all good for Ohioans.

Curry is from Akron.
if Curry got hit by a bus tomorrow would he make the hall of fame? i think you could make cases for both...though the against is probably a better case.

If Bron got hit by a bus tomorrow he is already top 10 of all time. And the bus would be FUCKED UP.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is historic, but there is a caveat

There had always been historically one or two jackasses who purposely voted a lesser player to be contrary.

it was sort of tradition.

It was like no MLB baseball has ever gotten 100% of hall of fame votes. Guys would vote against Babe Ruth and Willie Mays to be contrarian on purpose.

I think we will start seeing a lot more unanimous MVPS now that the silly tradition has been scrapped.
Ken Griffey wasn't unanimous last year. It's ridiculous, but writers are more often than not dicks so unsurprising.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and- i mean- i want tobe hating on curry- because he is amazing andk inda deserves it---

but i am WELL aware the he deserves to be the unanimous MVP and he was freaking RIDONKULOUS this year....

just gotta say...

if u put LEBron on the sixers next year or curry

i think LeBron does better....gtes the team more wins, farther in the playoffs

id be interested in others views on it

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's time to become a Curry fan, Gordon. LeBron is old news.