• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Steelers vs Chargers Game Thread

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe we won this game.

FUCK YES!!:yes::yes::yes::thumper::hammer::nutswing::thrasher::yahoo::dance::bounce:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Hats off the bigs upfront on DEF...those boys played a lot of snaps in the 2nd half and continued to win the LOS....sidenote...SD does have a patchwork OL

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Hats off the bigs upfront on DEF...those boys played a lot of snaps in the 2nd half and continued to win the LOS....sidenote...SD does have a patchwork OL
yes sir gotta give credit to the defense .. toward the end you could see that they were tired but reached deep down inside and pulled everything out they they had inside them ...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im here to say heyyyy, do you think bruce leads that game winning drive @FaCe-LeE-uS
Haha I knew you would be around to direct my foot into my mouth... Thanks! Well there's no way to be absolutely certain, but I do think Bruce would have put together 2-3 better quarters of play. As for the 4th quarter drive... Probably not.

The more I think about it though, the more I believe that Haley is holding this offense back. Sure Vick may have been erratic with his throws, but the playcalling was far too conservative for the 2nd straight week. If Vick operates better from the no-huddle like he did in the 4th quarter, then by all means he should take advantage. Take Haley out of the equation. Haley doesn't mind... He's been riding Ben's coattails for 2 seasons now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I knew you would be around to direct my foot into my mouth... Thanks! Well there's no way to be absolutely certain, but I do think Bruce would have put together 2-3 better quarters of play. As for the 4th quarter drive... Probably not.

The more I think about it though, the more I believe that Haley is holding this offense back. Sure Vick may have been erratic with his throws, but the playcalling was far too conservative for the 2nd straight week. If Vick operates better from the no-huddle like he did in the 4th quarter, then by all means he should take advantage. Take Haley out of the equation. Haley doesn't mind... He's been riding Ben's coattails for 2 seasons now.

We're still looking at a 7 week guy vs Gradk is 2 yrs....I would think Haley would have more of the OFC in there if this were Gradk instead of Vick.

With the cast around him I would tend to agree the OFC would probably look smoother under Gradk....but Vick still has the down field arm threat that I'm not sure Gradk does as this point and the scramble for the 1st was vintage Vick.

To use another old golf analogy...this OFC is basically like playing for bogey to take dbl out of play. It took another QB to see that Vick is LH...a play rolling left is to his strong side might work.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're still looking at a 7 week guy vs Gradk is 2 yrs....I would think Haley would have more of the OFC in there if this were Gradk instead of Vick.

With the cast around him I would tend to agree the OFC would probably look smoother under Gradk....but Vick still has the down field arm threat that I'm not sure Gradk does as this point and the scramble for the 1st was vintage Vick.

To use another old golf analogy...this OFC is basically like playing for bogey to take dbl out of play. It took another QB to see that Vick is LH...a play rolling left is to his strong side might work.
Couldn't have said it better myself! :suds:

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I'm still unhappy with Haley's play-calling.

After the game, the announcers were praising his gutsy call...but I thought it was stupid.

No, I'm not suggesting that our boys shouldn't have gone for the win. Neither am I saying that a running play was the wrong choice. But that wildcat seemed like a bad idea, for two reasons:

1) As soon as they lined up, everyone in the stadium knew who was getting the ball. And...

2) With the ball on the ONE-FOOT line, why put it in Bell's hands five yards back? Granted, he made several very good runs last night, but he also got nailed behind the line more than once. It just seemed foolish to me, with five seconds left on the clock. With fifteen, you could run that play, and still use the last timeout to go for three pts if it didn't work.

...And gang, it almost DIDN'T work. They nearly stopped him...it was only because of a great second effort that Bell was able to score.

Sorry for the sour grapes. A win is a win, and I'm glad we got one.