• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet tape-job... Not tacky at all

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Definitely could be...I hear Bettis shoots in the low mid 80s...Barkley was said to not have a hitch until he hit somebody in a proam or something and developed it. Now, all the lessons in the world can't get rid of it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Definitely could be...I hear Bettis shoots in the low mid 80s...Barkley was said to not have a hitch until he hit somebody in a proam or something and developed it. Now, all the lessons in the world can't get rid of it.
Mid to low 80's with that wristy backswing? I find that very hard to believe lol. But hey, whatever works. I've seen people play some pretty wicked slices because that's what they had to do. Like they always lined up pointing 45-60deg (sometimes further) to the left. Pretty crazy!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid to low 80's with that wristy backswing? I find that very hard to believe lol. But hey, whatever works. I've seen people play some pretty wicked slices because that's what they had to do. Like they always lined up pointing 45-60deg (sometimes further) to the left. Pretty crazy!

Does look funky huh...but like you say...worse swings out there. That's pretty much my scores. Probably on his home course I'm sure...ya know he lives here in town, I hear he plays a lot so you never know.

I played a few weeks back with an HS old classmate and he cuts across the ball something fierce, no more than 220 w/ a driver, but plays a couple times a weeks, aims left, and cuts it back in the FW a lot more than you would expect, decent short game...I barely beat him on his member course he plays all the time.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does look funky huh...but like you say...worse swings out there. That's pretty much my scores. Probably on his home course I'm sure...ya know he lives here in town, I hear he plays a lot so you never know.

I played a few weeks back with an HS old classmate and he cuts across the ball something fierce, no more than 220 w/ a driver, but plays a couple times a weeks, aims left, and cuts it back in the FW a lot more than you would expect, decent short game...I barely beat him on his member course he plays all the time.
It's amazing how people can perfect their game with such poor mechanics. But the name of the game is consistency. If you are consistently hitting it left or right, then you gotta play to it.

I somehow developed a very high fade on the tail end of my irons. Ball flight starts & continues straight as an arrow, but when it reaches out towards the end of its flight it tails off to the right 10-15 yards. I've just been playing to it. I tried all my usual adjustments (grip, backswing, etc), but only when I put the ball forward in my stance did it fixed the issue. However for whatever reason whenever I do that it makes my brain second guess everything and I often can't control it. Feels too funky. So that's why I've just been playin to it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how people can perfect their game with such poor mechanics. But the name of the game is consistency. If you are consistently hitting it left or right, then you gotta play to it.

I somehow developed a very high fade on the tail end of my irons. Ball flight starts & continues straight as an arrow, but when it reaches out towards the end of its flight it tails off to the right 10-15 yards. I've just been playing to it. I tried all my usual adjustments (grip, backswing, etc), but only when I put the ball forward in my stance did it fixed the issue. However for whatever reason whenever I do that it makes my brain second guess everything and I often can't control it. Feels too funky. So that's why I've just been playin to it.

Yep...man with that tee ball, left to right, or right to left...you really just want to repeat it like you said..my HS friend's ball flight is a little too extreme for me, idt he would score nearly as well on tighter courses, but on his member course...he makes it work. Aims 20-25 yds left and lets it rip.

Irons...I don't blame you...the left flags you just have fade to middle and deal with a longer putt. My irons draw mostly, but I can fade them a little better now, but don't have much confidence yet.

I think our swing flaws lower the ceiling on our potential, but if you're playing a lot and can repeat the ball flight...decent short game and putter...I can see mid 80s playing the same track a lot....low 80s and better...it didn't look like it for JB.