• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that earlier... that's the way it goes in life generally, the more valuable you are to an employer, the more shit you can get away with....BUT everyone has their limits.

After doing a bit of research I found that the comment made by Tomlin was a comment made a while ago.....a long while ago.
To which the writer of this article fails to tell us because Tomlin made this comment has led up to the problems we are now facing with AB. It is in fact because Tomlin has allowed AB to continually throw his tantrums and act like a butt hurt bitch, that Rooney has not commented on AB's future, only that all avenues would be explored concerning AB's future.

IMO I think AB will be shipped to the highest bidder.......
Either way, I don't care. The fact of the matter is this organization has won 6 without AB......
While he does make the team better, it's obviously not enough to get them over the hump.

I don't think this team gets close to the goal for the next 3 seasons, while Tomlin is in control of this team.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After doing a bit of research I found that the comment made by Tomlin was a comment made a while ago.....a long while ago.
To which the writer of this article fails to tell us because Tomlin made this comment has led up to the problems we are now facing with AB. It is in fact because Tomlin has allowed AB to continually throw his tantrums and act like a butt hurt bitch, that Rooney has not commented on AB's future, only that all avenues would be explored concerning AB's future.

IMO I think AB will be shipped to the highest bidder.......
Either way, I don't care. The fact of the matter is this organization has won 6 without AB......
While he does make the team better, it's obviously not enough to get them over the hump.

I don't think this team gets close to the goal for the next 3 seasons, while Tomlin is in control of this team.
Agree totally

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems they are reaping what they sowed... It's unfortunate that it is going to take someone much smarter than Tomlin to be able to get the wild child under supervision. Probably the only hope is a new team with new rules set down from the beginning. I don't see how the Steelers can go backwards and impose discipline on him after allowing him to get away with all that fuckery for years. :noidea:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems they are reaping what they sowed... It's unfortunate that it is going to take someone much smarter than Tomlin to be able to get the wild child under supervision. Probably the only hope is a new team with new rules set down from the beginning. I don't see how the Steelers can go backwards and impose discipline on him after allowing him to get away with all that fuckery for years. :noidea:

Only thing that can save this entire team is a new coach.
If AB was given the freedom to do as he pleased, how many others have or will become just as big of a whiny bitch....

Dupree????
Burns?????
Dobbs????
Big Ben????

How many pussied players are in that locker room......BECAUSE of Tomlin wanting to be a buddy first and a coach second???

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only thing that can save this entire team is a new coach.
If AB was given the freedom to do as he pleased, how many others have or will become just as big of a whiny bitch....

Dupree????
Burns?????
Dobbs????
Big Ben????

How many pussied players are in that locker room......BECAUSE of Tomlin wanting to be a buddy first and a coach second???
Agreed. There's simply no going back at this point. Tomlin made his bed and now has to sleep in it, and ipso facto the team & fans will sleep in that bed as well.

What bothers me the most is that the Rooneys were allowing this to happen over the years. I'm sure it started off as a vote of confidence in Tomlin, but now the toddlers are ruling the roost and everyone has to answer for it. Starting at the top. And just like how we think its impossible for Tomlin to try to enforce discipline on AB at this point, the same goes for the Rooney's with Tomlin. Tomlin's "brand" of football is too far interwoven into the lockerroom at this point to try and fix it. And as we can see by his promised "changes", nothing will happen.

I think its time to part ways with Tomlin and let a new coach try and pick up the pieces. And I'd be in favor of what @Superbelt proposed of letting the younger Rooney (can't remember his name?) take over football operations and let Art do all the PR crap.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. There's simply no going back at this point. Tomlin made his bed and now has to sleep in it, and ipso facto the team & fans will sleep in that bed as well.

What bothers me the most is that the Rooneys were allowing this to happen over the years. I'm sure it started off as a vote of confidence in Tomlin, but now the toddlers are ruling the roost and everyone has to answer for it. Starting at the top. And just like how we think its impossible for Tomlin to try to enforce discipline on AB at this point, the same goes for the Rooney's with Tomlin. Tomlin's "brand" of football is too far interwoven into the lockerroom at this point to try and fix it. And as we can see by his promised "changes", nothing will happen.

I think its time to part ways with Tomlin and let a new coach try and pick up the pieces. And I'd be in favor of what @Superbelt proposed of letting the younger Rooney (can't remember his name?) take over football operations and let Art do all the PR crap.
I said in an earlier post that no one will call out Rooney, his statement that the team being called a circus is nonsense either shows he is so out of touch with reality or he is so invested in Tomlin that he will not pursue real changes with the team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... No.

Jerome is a great guy, don't get me wrong, but a RB coach? No way. The position has changed too much since he retired. He was a downhill bruiser that used size to his advantage. That doesn't get you very far nowadays. He maybe caught 10 receptions per season? He would make a better FB coach.

But he could be a good guy in the mix to help fix the lockerroom.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... No.

Jerome is a great guy, don't get me wrong, but a RB coach? No way. The position has changed too much since he retired. He was a downhill bruiser that used size to his advantage. That doesn't get you very far nowadays. He maybe caught 10 receptions per season? He would make a better FB coach.

But he could be a good guy in the mix to help fix the lockerroom.

At this point, any positive influence in the locker room is a better alternative than when we can expect to see.
With Tomlin allowing the better coaches to walk, and keeping only coaches he can manipulate.....what do we have to lose???

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, any positive influence in the locker room is a better alternative than when we can expect to see.
With Tomlin allowing the better coaches to walk, and keeping only coaches he can manipulate.....what do we have to lose???
Great point... Anyone that isn't a pawn would be ideal. Where can I submit my resume?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point... Anyone that isn't a pawn would be ideal. Where can I submit my resume?

And I'm sure like Munch, you and Bettis will be looking for other teams to coach after one season under the Big Top Mike Tomlin refers to as the Steelers. :lol: