• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate the idea of throwing draft picks year after year at QBs until you find gold. I understand its a necessary evil sometimes, just would hate to see that happen with such a talented team.
Yep. Look at Laundry Jones. He cost us a 3rd round pick the next year to take him in the 4th round, and he'll never do anything useful beyond keeping a clipboard warm.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not purposefully trying to lose. But don't go and grab a bandaid QB who can keep you limping in the teens and low 20's consistently. Consider it more 'purposefully failing to plan adequately for next year at the QB position.'

So do you wanna tank starting this year or next year?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Look at Laundry Jones. He cost us a 3rd round pick the next year to take him in the 4th round, and he'll never do anything useful beyond keeping a clipboard warm.

You would think he would've learned something from backing up one of the best in the league for 3-4 years. Guess not everyone can be Aaron Rodgers huh?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I miss Cowher sometimes when the Steelers are down haha. I've never been a fan of the whole tanking thing. I get why teams would do it, but it's not like the Steelers don't have talent elsewhere. We have a pretty decent WR corps, a great RB (hopefully for a while), stellar group of linemen and linebackers. Secondary is young so it will get better. So it's not like we're the Browns or Jets or Rams with barely any talent on either side of the ball. We just need to get options for behind the center because what we have now is not looking good.
We all miss Cowher!

Having a championship caliber roster means typically means your window of opportunity is narrow. Its difficult to maintain that roster for any length of time. Especially with Ben talking retirement. Which makes Bell's holdout all the more frustrating when they have all the tools to win it all.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! Never been to NC, but I used to live in Pittsburgh (now I'm over in the Pac-NW). You'll find most all the Stiller fans on this site are pretty spread out. Only 2 or 3 currently residing in PA (@SteelersPride & @Superbelt that I know of). 1 deep in the enemy territory that is Ohio (@NorthCoastSteelersFan). 1 in Minnesota, our fearless Mod leader, @MISKO. Couple of good guys down in CA (@Cali Steel & @Ewa PGH Fan) & 1 charming gal @moxie. Not sure if I know where the rest live... @Psych-Ward, @Ojb81, @Gooch1034, @thedddd, @Bridgeburner , etc.

You break out that dumb Fuckin list and we're going at it, beech.....
Come on @FaCe-LeE-uS , you know damn well I'm on the bad side of the state.
:rolleyes2:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate the idea of throwing draft picks year after year at QBs until you find gold. I understand its a necessary evil sometimes, just would hate to see that happen with such a talented team.

That's where I'm at. With guys like AB, Le'Veon, Eli Rogers, up and comer at TE and a young secondary, I feel like we can contend year after year but not with Landry at the helm. I haven't seen a lot of this Dobbs kid but I don't think he'll be ready next year, just in case.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You break out that dumb Fuckin list and we're going at it, beech.....
Come on @FaCe-LeE-uS , you know damn well I'm on the bad side of the state.
:rolleyes2:
Well I knew you were a pitiful Flyer fan, but for some reason I got it stuck in my head that you weren't in PA.

And you'd shut yer whore mouth if ya knew what was good fer ya! :suds:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you wanna tank starting this year or next year?
I want to not grab mid round developmental QB's while Ben is playing.

If someone awesome drops in the late 1st, snap him up. But stop wasting middling draft picks on someone who will never be able to replace Ben.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry, our savior... The prodigal son of Pittsburgh en sech

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all miss Cowher!

Having a championship caliber roster means typically means your window of opportunity is narrow. Its difficult to maintain that roster for any length of time. Especially with Ben talking retirement. Which makes Bell's holdout all the more frustrating when they have all the tools to win it all.

I know since day one of Bell and his bullshit I was in his corner....had words with a few of you guys.
But I'm done with this guy's bullshit.....if he does show for camp........

Fuck him!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Like I said before, it was a crime to think he would be getting paid below the league minimum when he is arguably top 10 or higher at his position. I had a feeling the Steelers would offer him a middle of the pack type numbers and AVill would gladly accept it.

Maybe he is top 10...I would have thought middle of the pack but in either case I think it was a fair contract and obviously AVill saw it that way as well. Happy to see the young man rewarded.

I think they are set on the OL for at least this yr and probably next, but can see them transitioning Finney into Foster's LG spot after next season.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I knew you were a pitiful Flyer fan, but for some reason I got it stuck in my head that you weren't in PA.

And you'd shut yer whore mouth if ya knew what was good fer ya! :suds:

It's better than being a pole smoking Cuntsby wanker.....

And, bitch please.......:heh:

:suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know since day one of Bell and his bullshit I was in his corner....had words with a few of you guys.
But I'm done with this guy's bullshit.....if he does show for camp........

Fuck him!!!!

I'm kinda there too with Bell. I don't blame any player for wanting to be paid the max, but when they offer you the top contract at the position and you say "I'm worth more"...

Fuck BELL!!!

I'm thinking he walks, I hope they can work it out, but if not...FUCK bell!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your sarcasm detector needs tuning...

No......
Dude if I thought you believed that Shit, I would be looking for a new news source......:lol:

I'm liking what I've been reading on Dobbs.....I'd like to see him get a fair shake on Laundry.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda there too with Bell. I don't blame any player for wanting to be paid the max, but when they offer you the top contract at the position and you say "I'm worth more"...

Fuck BELL!!!

I'm thinking he walks, I hope they can work it out, but if not...FUCK bell!!!

Everything is in place this year, and he pulls this Shit......

He needs to get it together or GTFO

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to not grab mid round developmental QB's while Ben is playing.

If someone awesome drops in the late 1st, snap him up. But stop wasting middling draft picks on someone who will never be able to replace Ben.

I do agree that we, at some point, need to get some top 10 talent in this organization and quit getting between 18 and 25, 26, 27. I'd like to see us make some moves to move up in the draft or something. Maybe instead of getting another WR, maybe move up to get DeShone Kizer or something. Not saying I didn't like this years draft because I did, but we gotta make some moves. I am also frustrated at all the damn WRs we got. 11 WRs, we are probably gonna cut 3 or 4 and still have Antonio returning punts. I don't agree with AB being our punt returner either. Seems like an injury waiting to happen.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is in place this year, and he pulls this Shit......

He needs to get it together or GTFO

The good thing for the Steelers...pay me like a RB1 AND a WR2...Bell has put himself out on a limb...he HAS to perform this season to get the kind of money he wants...anything short of 2,000 yd running and receiving total he ain't getting what he feels like he's worth.

If we see that and they get #7...I'll be happy to see Connor takeover next yr.