• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bth_terrible_towel_smiley.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 year, $24mil... Haven't heard the specifics on the guarantees or bonuses. But based off that base salary, he'll be paid as the 21st highest paid LT in the NFL (going off this list: Left Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap). Respectable contract! Quite the raise from his $670k tender he would have been making.

This is what you call a win-win deal.

On the overview...$6 mil per on average, but I would imagine his cap hit will be slightly lower...great to see him rewarded.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if we can just work something out with Le'Veon....please please please!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you call a win-win deal.

On the overview...$6 mil per on average, but I would imagine his cap hit will be slightly lower...great to see him rewarded.
Agreed. Like I said before, it was a crime to think he would be getting paid below the league minimum when he is arguably top 10 or higher at his position. I had a feeling the Steelers would offer him a middle of the pack type numbers and AVill would gladly accept it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I like Tomlin. I'm okay with more of him. What I'm concerned about is how he and the team will deal with a future without Big Ben. I am NOT confident in Landry Jones and Joshua Dobbs is just a rookie.
No doubt... The future could be reeeeal bleak without Ben if they cannot develop or find the heir apparent. We all know that putz Landry isn't the answer. Most of us here like the development route (fingers crossed on Dobbs), but there are a few (@Bridgeburner & @Superbelt IIRC) that are ok with them tanking a season or 2 in order to get the QB of the future with a top 10 draft pick.

As for Tomlin... Definitely a Love/Hate relationship, but overall I like him. I just wish he knew how to break a foot off in someone's ass like Cowher used to. He's too much of a "player's coach".

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt... The future could be reeeeal bleak without Ben if they cannot develop or find the heir apparent. We all know that putz Landry isn't the answer. Most of us here like the development route (fingers crossed on Dobbs), but there are a few (@Bridgeburner & @Superbelt IIRC) that are ok with them tanking a season or 2 in order to get the QB of the future with a top 10 draft pick.

As for Tomlin... Definitely a Love/Hate relationship, but overall I like him. I just wish he knew how to break a foot off in someone's ass like Cowher used to. He's too much of a "player's coach".
Yup. Unless a Rogers type takes a tumble to a #25 pick that we have while Ben is still rocking, you let the ship sink for a year and take your pick at the top.

But I don't like the idea of banking on developing a mid to low round pick.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man I miss Cowher sometimes when the Steelers are down haha. I've never been a fan of the whole tanking thing. I get why teams would do it, but it's not like the Steelers don't have talent elsewhere. We have a pretty decent WR corps, a great RB (hopefully for a while), stellar group of linemen and linebackers. Secondary is young so it will get better. So it's not like we're the Browns or Jets or Rams with barely any talent on either side of the ball. We just need to get options for behind the center because what we have now is not looking good.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be correct :nod:
Nice! Never been to NC, but I used to live in Pittsburgh (now I'm over in the Pac-NW). You'll find most all the Stiller fans on this site are pretty spread out. Only 2 or 3 currently residing in PA (@SteelersPride & @Superbelt that I know of). 1 deep in the enemy territory that is Ohio (@NorthCoastSteelersFan). 1 in Minnesota, our fearless Mod leader, @MISKO. Couple of good guys down in CA (@Cali Steel & @Ewa PGH Fan) & 1 charming gal @moxie. Not sure if I know where the rest live... @Psych-Ward, @Ojb81, @Gooch1034, @thedddd, @Bridgeburner , etc.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I miss Cowher sometimes when the Steelers are down haha. I've never been a fan of the whole tanking thing. I get why teams would do it, but it's not like the Steelers don't have talent elsewhere. We have a pretty decent WR corps, a great RB (hopefully for a while), stellar group of linemen and linebackers. Secondary is young so it will get better. So it's not like we're the Browns or Jets or Rams with barely any talent on either side of the ball. We just need to get options for behind the center because what we have now is not looking good.
It's not purposefully trying to lose. But don't go and grab a bandaid QB who can keep you limping in the teens and low 20's consistently. Consider it more 'purposefully failing to plan adequately for next year at the QB position.'

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Unless a Rogers type takes a tumble to a #25 pick that we have while Ben is still rocking, you let the ship sink for a year and take your pick at the top.

But I don't like the idea of banking on developing a mid to low round pick.
I just hate the idea of throwing draft picks year after year at QBs until you find gold. I understand its a necessary evil sometimes, just would hate to see that happen with such a talented team.